Clairol Beautiful Collection Semi-Permanent Hair Color

Filtered by skin tone : Medium

2.8

May Contain All or Some of the Following Ingredients: Water, Ethoxydiglycol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Triethylsilylamodimethicone, PEG-50 Tallow Amide, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Fragrance, Panthenol, Aloe Barbadensis Flower Extract, Tocopherol Acetate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Glycerin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Citric Acid, Lauryl Glucoside, Erythorbic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

My mother bought this for my daughter who wanted to change her hair color but didn't want it to be permanent. My daughter's hair is light brown & had never been colored before. They got the jet black color which should have had no problem with coverage. Her hair is shoulder length. She followed all the directions & after processing, it was barely dark brown. Since she had another package, she wet her hair down & tried it again & still ended up with brown hair--definitely not anywhere near jet black. The color did not even last a week & all that week it was actively coming out of her hair--staining the towels after her shower. This was really the most awful stuff I have ever seen. After this experience, I took her & bought her the Ion Color Brilliance Demi Permanent in blue black & it worked great.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was looking for something to add some warmth to my hair which was a neutral level 3 brown at the roots and a little lighter at the ends. I didn't want to use anything with ammonia or peroxide because my hair had been bleached in the past and I was looking for something that would not damage my hair any more. This stuff worked great. I used Cedar red Brown, a level 4, because I did not want to go any darker than I already was. It came out exactly how I wanted, adding a red tint to my hair, and giving it a warm reddish glow in the light. I applied it to my roots first then pulled it through the ends for the last five minutes because my ends are dry and often drink up too much color. It worked perfectly. My hair is only slightly darker, still a level three, which is to be expected with a deposit only color. Anyone using this color will NOT be able to go lighter because it does not contain ammonia or peroxide.
A few people on here complained about feeling a waxy substance left behind but I had no such experience. It did take a long time to rinse out (more than I am used to) but afterward my hair felt so soft and was so shiny! My only complaint is that it was a little drippy since it is not very thick, but as long as you know that ahead of time and are prepared you will be all set.
In the past I have used natural instincts and other drug store brand semi-permanent hair colors to liven up my neutral brown locks but they always came out much darker that I wanted and did not provide the beautiful red hue I was looking for. This stuff did so without overly darkening my hair and I am excited to try another color in a month or so

Maybe I had some kind of allergic reaction to this, but it induced hair loss. I have never had that happen with a product before, so I was really shocked...going back to using ION semi which I have never had a problem with...
=(

This is my first time using this product and I thought it worked well. My natural hair color is black with lots of grey hair. For years I have colored it with a permanent hair color to a golden light brown however the grey comes back very quickly and is obvious.

I usually use the permanent color every 2 weeks. So, I don't mind having to recolor with semi-permanet color again in 2 weeks. I don't want to damage my anymore than I need to damage it. I still will color my hair with permanent color every 8 weeks to insure the black roots are brown. This time when the gray popped out again I opted to use Beautiful Collection Semi-Permanent Color in a honey brown. It covered the grey by about 97% except for the temples which may have needed more attention and then I suspect may have covered 100%. It also made my hair look as if it had just had a full head of permanent color done.

I colored my roots for the first 45 minutes without a cap or heat and pulled it through to the ends for the next 10 minutes. The color came out exactly to what it normally looks like - light/medium golden brown with subtle highlights. Really all I was hoping for was to highlight the grey to a blond and it did more than that. It's freshened the color up.

Today is the first day and it looks good and feels soft but I do recommend using a good conditioner just as you would when you use a permanent color. I swim 4-5 days a week in a pool and I was my hair after each swim. But I'm still hoping that I can get keep the enhanced color for 2 weeks. For those of you who are looking to use in between your permanent hair coloring this product may fit the build at least that's what I'm hoping for. I will update this with how it holds up for the next couple of weeks.

Popular Hair Color Products