Clairol Beautiful Collection Semi-Permanent Hair Color

Filtered by hair type : Other

4.2

May Contain All or Some of the Following Ingredients: Water, Ethoxydiglycol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Triethylsilylamodimethicone, PEG-50 Tallow Amide, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Fragrance, Panthenol, Aloe Barbadensis Flower Extract, Tocopherol Acetate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Glycerin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Citric Acid, Lauryl Glucoside, Erythorbic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I got one bottle of this to use as a rinse until I could apply demi permanent color to my thick dark brown shoulder length texlaxed hair.

I wanted to go JET BLACK and I got this in the color JET BLACK! I had texlaxed my hair 2 days prior to applying, and my hair is pretty porous. So I prepooed, shampooed, deep conditioned, then I applied this to my hair and left it on with heat for 30 mins & without heat for 5.

My color was SO RICH!! My hair was so soft. It looked amazing and I loved it! My hair did feel a little waxy, but it could've been my leave-in interfering with the dye. After about a week however; the dye faded without me even washing my hair or sweating it out...

So overall the color was very rich, but the lasting power was poor (like most rinses)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had been using several different box semi-perm colors and they all dried hair out and were too red. I bought a bottle of this at Sally Beauty Supply. It blends my grays nicely and medium warm brown looks very natural on me. My own natural golden highlights show through.

The Clairol web site says it only last for approximately12 shampoos. I can shampoo once a week and use dry shampoo between. (It makes the color last longer.) My hair stylist commented that my hair was soft and nicely colored! I just bought 6 bottles on sale at Sally. Should last me about 6 months or more. It's very easy to apply and one bottle covers my thick, shoulder length hair.

I used level 3, medium ash brown.
My hair is a mess. I used to have dyed black hair, lifted it all the way to platinum blonde. My hair has major breakage so I'm staying away from hair dyes mixed with peroxide. If I lose anymore hair, I will be rocking a mullet. My hair is so annoying. I decided to go back to dark hair, give my hair a rest. Going from blonde to brown was simple but after each wash, my hair looks horrible. I got 3 inches of dark brown roots, my regrowth holds the brown dye no problem and of course the fried/used to be blonde hair won't hold hair dyes. I can't keep dying it either, I'll have no hair left. I bought this Clairol product from a hair store. I like it but not in love with it. I put a cap on my head and put a lot of heat on my hair too. It did do the trick by making my lighter hair match up to my dark brown roots so it looks all evened out now BUT (I only have one complaint) my hair feels very waxy. It's very conflicting. I read the reviews on here about this product. A few ladies said don't wash the rinse out until the water is completely clear or you'll wash it right out. I'm not sure if they know what they're talking about... I took that advice and my hair just feels so waxy. Maybe I should of washed a little bit more? Or maybe this is how the rinse makes your hair feel? I don't know. But my hair does look one solid color now which is nice to see when I've been having super dark roots and lighter ends for the last month. I will settle with the waxy feeling and keep using it until I find a better product! Waxy hair is better than peroxide treated hair dye that just makes my hair snap.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my first try at doing my own haircolor and I am very pleased. I used this product in Darkest Brown. It was easy to use - easy to work into the hair like you would a shampoo - didn't stain my skin or bathroom. It left my hair dark brown and shiny and soft. This is similar to the results I get at the salon only way cheaper ($5 at Sallys!). Smell is nice.

update: Downgraded to a 4 due to not being able to cover greys very well. I used the Honey Brown (lighter than the Darkest Brown I used before), and the Honey Brown is actually still quite dark. I put it on after towel drying my shampooed hair, and sat under my dryer for 10 min to try to get the color to stay better on the greys. I think next time Ill keep the heat going for longer and make sure the greys are a little more saturated. Color is nice - a medium gold brown. Leaves hair shiny and soft.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

After years of processing my hair and watching it turn to 'straw', I let my hair grow out without processing it at all. Over time - it took many, many haircuts and lots of patience - I had a healthy head of hair, naturally med/dk brown. I was bored w/my color and hadn't changed it in about 10 years, so I let my brother-in-law use a demi-permanent color on my hair at his salon in dk brown/burgundy. It came out great but of course faded because it wasn't permanent but at least it was still healthy! I moved shortly after that, so I couldn't get my hair done for free anymore (sob!) and I can't afford to get it done at a salon all the time, so I had to find a cheaper, non-permanent alternative. I've been alternating between Nice 'n Easy Color Boosting Glaze (burgundy, dk brown or black) and John Freida's Color Glaze (dk brown and dk red) for a boost of color but those colors are too limited for me. I recently used L'Oreal's Color Pulse in Chilled Plum which was absolutely gorgeous but it washed out quickly. Today I tried the Clairol Beautiful Collection in Amethyst. It put a lovely plummy tone in my hair without turning my hair purple and was pretty cheap. My hair did have a little bit of that waxy/greasy residue that all the color glazes seem to give me even after completely rinsing, but I was home all day doing nothing. My hair hasn't dried out a bit, it's very soft and it smells good. Tomorrow I'll wash it before I leave the house, so it should look just fine. I wash my hair every other day, so I hope my hair holds onto this color! If it doesn't, that's ok because it's not expensive. I love it and will try either the Wine Brown color or the Clairol Jazzing in Cherry Cola next time it needs some color. Long live hair stains! I'll never use permanent color again!