Clairol Beautiful Collection Semi-Permanent Hair Color

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

May Contain All or Some of the Following Ingredients: Water, Ethoxydiglycol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Triethylsilylamodimethicone, PEG-50 Tallow Amide, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Fragrance, Panthenol, Aloe Barbadensis Flower Extract, Tocopherol Acetate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Glycerin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Citric Acid, Lauryl Glucoside, Erythorbic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have a blonde strip of hair by my face that was starting to get really copper looking. I recently wanted it to look like the rest of my hair which was colored 1N Very Black by One n' Only Argan Oil Color. Despite being a permanent hair color the copper/blonde started peaking through after just a few washes & I realized that I would have to touch it up really quickly. Not wanting to keep using a permanent color so many times on just one strip of hair I decided to get this in Jet Black. It ended up blending my blonde really well & looking way less noticable than before. It doesn't last very long even though I use a very gentle, sulfate-free shampoo from Shea Moisture but because this is so easy to use, really moisturizing & I only need it on one of strip of hair I'm okay touching up with it.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok. This stuff is terrible. I have practically virgin hair because i decided a couple years ago to stop damaging it with color and it grows so quickly that its all pretty much untreated. I take excellent care of my hair and its very long. I used this to try to cover up some of the brass that the sun caused my honey brown hair this summer. I used the light ash brown. First of all, my hair now looks straight AUBURN, which on me is just gross. Second, it accentuates any split ends i did have, luckily not many. I could barely get my brush through it (i use a wet brush and it works wonderfully every day) and it DOUBLED my blow drying time. In fact, my hair is still wet. My hair feels gummy and looks ridiculous and frizzy.. i have NEVER had frizzy hair. This is supposed to be ash?? Seriously horrible. I will stick to Ion from now on.

I purchased the black Clairol Professional advanced gray solution, washed my hair as directed and used the entire bottle. After the allotted time adding 5 minutes rinsed my hair. My gray is now a light brown color. I would not recommend this at all to anyone!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have henna on right now (the real, genuine good stuff) and am trying to once again nurse my oft-abused hair into health, but didn't want it red. My natural color is dark brown. So I've been using aveda black malva over it to tone it down which just doesn't want to take on my roots. They were glaringly burgundy with near-black hair. So in order to not do anything hasty and put real, permanent in the most permanent sense of the word indigo on top of my henna, (though that's the best richest shiniest black EVERRRR) I've tried this out in the midnight black shade. It's the one that's for resistant greys (since it's for my red resistant roots)- advanced grey solutions. Gotta say I'm impressed! I'm not about to touch peroxide to my head for a good long while and it was this or indigo, and I can't commit right now to that. It's so easy to just squirt in (wear gloves obviously), I capped my head for about 30 min (I think I wasn't really keeping close track as there's no damage to worry about), I never put Vaseline on skin while dyeing since if that touches 1 hair that hair isn't getting dyed and it came off my skin just fine, when i got in shower I made sure to use the hose down low upside down as not to splatter tar all over, rinsed and rinsed, lightly shampooed to eliminate any residue that would cause post-dye bleeding, deep conditioned, and alas! Roots WAY better covered than with the black malva. I wasn't expecting the level of coverage from that of an oxidative demi or indigo or anything; it's just much better and the red tinge is barely visible in bright sunlight only. Will probably have another go to my roots and sleep in it, since I have short hair currently and there's half the bottle left. Probably letting the residue sit in there without shampooing it out for a few days would've taken to my roots better, but it was supposed to rain the next day! I don't want people to think I sweat grey. Until I can redye I'm using ion's black root cover powder (which is so new it's not on here yet) or color wow root touch up in black (THAT stuff is the bomb). Why oh why use a demi or perm that uses damaging developer when you can just use something like this?! (Unless of course you have very resistant greys, at which point that type of dye may be necessary; however if you're open minded I urge you to give henna/indigo combos a go since they are GOOD for your hair ... Way more so than this stuff is!) Very comparable to the adore plus I've tried in the past. Good stuff and would recommend many times over in lieu of oxidative dye if it can work for you. Think of it as a natural-colored manic panic!

I got this product to test out a color on my hair. I have long, thin, very very fine brown hair. I used the Advanced Gray Solution formula in Mahogany Red Brown even though I don't have gray to cover. I loved it. It did not leave any waxy residue on my hair, or did it dry it out, or leave it corse. It comes out shiny, smelling good, very soft, and perfect. I leave it on for 45mins - 1 hour. I rub it into my scalp and then put it up in a cap. I wash my hair daily so this only lasts about a week for me, but my hair looks amazing the entire time.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had been using several different box semi-perm colors and they all dried hair out and were too red. I bought a bottle of this at Sally Beauty Supply. It blends my grays nicely and medium warm brown looks very natural on me. My own natural golden highlights show through.

The Clairol web site says it only last for approximately12 shampoos. I can shampoo once a week and use dry shampoo between. (It makes the color last longer.) My hair stylist commented that my hair was soft and nicely colored! I just bought 6 bottles on sale at Sally. Should last me about 6 months or more. It's very easy to apply and one bottle covers my thick, shoulder length hair.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I use the Advanced Gray Solution and I really like it. To get a color I like, I have to mix one bottle of light golden chestnut with two bottles of rich dark brown. I use the mixed solution on my roots every two weeks. Three bottles last about two months. I apply the product to dry hair then I use a hair coloring brush to even out the application along my roots. I put on a hair cap and leave it on for over an hour. Then I wash my hair using Quantum Beautiful Browns shampoo and condition. It seems to build up with every application so that applying to my roots is sufficient.

My hair grows really fast and I need to color my roots every two to three weeks anyway. Even with a demi-permanentnt hair color, my hair was getting very damaged. My hairdresser said she could tell from my hair when I switched to this hair color because my hair is in better condition closer to my scalp. I really like it because my hair seems to be very easily damaged and I needed a solution to cover my fast growing gray hair without damaging my hair further.

Update: 1/12/2013
I just called Clairol to see why they suggest applying this to damp hair, and she said it helps it adhere better and the color will last longer. She also said the difference between the regular Beautiful collection and the Advanced Gray Solution, is the AGS has the added ingredient toulene in the form of Toluene-2,5-Diamine Sulfate. She assured me that toulene will not damage my hair at all, but I wonder if I should switch to the regular Beautiful collection.

Update 11/23/2013

I no longer use this, I find Wella Charm demi-permanent from Sally's is much better and lasts longer.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I also purchased the Cedar Red Brown and I LOVE it!! I have very course red hair with natural blonde highlights. I decided to try something new and this color has sold me!! The only down side I have, as did many others, is that it doesnt last long. But, I really don't mind, since the color is sooo beautiful and not harmful to my hair.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used the color 14k the other day and my hair looks horrible. i I was hoping to get some warmth in my blonde hair, instead I ended up with flourescent red-orange hair. I washed it several times after trying to get the color out, it didn't come out at all. Then I put lemon juice on it, it did nothing to lighten it. It looks so ugly and the lady I called for advice at Clairol was rude. And her explanation of how to "fix" the color was extremely complicated and she said it would then be brown and months later I could get it back to blonde, maybe. I asked her about washing it out and how long it would take and she said if my hair was very light before dying it, (which it was) that it would take longer than normal to come out. This sucks!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Oh, boy. I have thin, fine hair. I loved the color I got, which was a touch darker than the description, typical of semi-perm colors. But the waxiness, holy candle-head, Batman! I have washed for times and my hair is still coated.

By the time the waxiness is gone, the color will be too, since it has already lightened considerably. So this product doesn't work for me. I'm thinking it may be good for someone with coarse and/ or damaged hair, someone who does need a solid coating on his or her hair. Because of this possibility, and because the color really did come out pretty and natural-looking, I gave it two stars rather than one even though I personally won't be repurchasing.