Clairol Beautiful Collection Semi-Permanent Hair Color

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive

Price: $

Price: $

May Contain All or Some of the Following Ingredients: Water, Ethoxydiglycol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Triethylsilylamodimethicone, PEG-50 Tallow Amide, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Fragrance, Panthenol, Aloe Barbadensis Flower Extract, Tocopherol Acetate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Glycerin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Citric Acid, Lauryl Glucoside, Erythorbic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a really good choice if you have damaged or relaxed hair, or if you want to darken hair. My natural hair color is a very cool toned, ashy level 6 or 7. I had been previously coloring with permanent dye, but my hair is pretty damaged and it's been fading quickly. I tried this and I really liked it. There is no mixing, no developer, no harsh odors of ammonia or peroxide. I used the shade Medium Warm Brown which states that it has a gold base, but I found the base to be closer to red violet. The color is very rich and natural looking. I was a bit worried it wouldn't look as good a permanent color . I was pretty hesitant as I have not used a semi permanent color since my teen years. This really came out nicely and my hair wasn't fried or dried out. I'd say get two bottles if your hair is past your shoulders as there is not a lot in one bottle, the directions do recommend to fully saturate the hair.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used this dye for a couple of years to cover grey. It made my hair shiny and more healthyɬookng. It didn't last very long, about three weeks before I wanted to touch it up, but since it's so inexpensive and easy to use, that was OK.

My hair is curly/frizzy, so the anti-frizz effect also made it worth the trouble of reapplying every few weeks. And I can't use peroxide or ammonia on my hair because it's too fragile. so my options are limited.

Lately, I just have too much grey and the regular Beautiful was not covering it. I tried the new Beautiful Collection Advanced Grey Solutions. It is amazing--really does cover grey, for about six weeks, and it makes the hair even more shiny and less frizzy than regular Beautiful. BUT... they only make a few shades and they don't make a light or medium neutral brown, which is what I really want. I used their Rich Dark Brown, which is lovely but too dark for me. I tried their Light Golden Brown, which is lovely too, but over my grey, it comes out a brilliant copper. It's a great color if that's what you want, but it looks bad on me. I tried mixing those two colors to get a light brown, and so far I haven't found the right proportions. It's either too dark or too orange. I will try one more time. If I can't make a medium or light brown, I might just keep on being a dark brunette, since this is the only good grey coverage in a temp dye that I have found.

Hey, Clairol---could you make this in some more natural colors?

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my second time using this product, the first was honey brown and it turned my hair green. That time I did wash my hair prior to applying the product. It left a washy residue behind. Since my hair was green a week later I decided to try it again. I purchased this in 14k Gold this time.... I didn't wash my hair prior but I did dampen my hair and then applied it all over and coved it with a shower cap for 25 minutes. I love it! It didn't deposit a lot of color to my light brown hair but it did give it a pop with tons of shine and the green was gone. I will continue to use this product, probaly every two weeks because I don't think it will last that long. The price is cheap and I think it works better if you don't wash it before using it.

Popular Hair Color Products