Clairol Beautiful Collection Semi-Permanent Hair Color

Filtered by skin type : Oily

4.1

May Contain All or Some of the Following Ingredients: Water, Ethoxydiglycol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Triethylsilylamodimethicone, PEG-50 Tallow Amide, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Fragrance, Panthenol, Aloe Barbadensis Flower Extract, Tocopherol Acetate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Glycerin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Citric Acid, Lauryl Glucoside, Erythorbic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I color my hair with a 5G in ION every 4 months and in between colorings I buy the Honey Brown in this product at Sallys (level 4 with a gold base) and it makes my hair so shiny and healthy after I rinse. The color lasts only 5-6 shampoos which sucks but it still is a really pretty darker brown that fades into a light golden brown. I buy 3 at a time so I have them on hand. I would recommend if you don't want to damage your hair with color or want to try something that will fade.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Didn't work for me, could be because my hair was freshly bleached, but for the price I just wouldn't recommend it. it washed out when I was supposed to rinse my hair and just left a dirty-looking stain.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I got one bottle of this to use as a rinse until I could apply demi permanent color to my thick dark brown shoulder length texlaxed hair.

I wanted to go JET BLACK and I got this in the color JET BLACK! I had texlaxed my hair 2 days prior to applying, and my hair is pretty porous. So I prepooed, shampooed, deep conditioned, then I applied this to my hair and left it on with heat for 30 mins & without heat for 5.

My color was SO RICH!! My hair was so soft. It looked amazing and I loved it! My hair did feel a little waxy, but it could've been my leave-in interfering with the dye. After about a week however; the dye faded without me even washing my hair or sweating it out...

So overall the color was very rich, but the lasting power was poor (like most rinses)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I also purchased the Cedar Red Brown and I LOVE it!! I have very course red hair with natural blonde highlights. I decided to try something new and this color has sold me!! The only down side I have, as did many others, is that it doesnt last long. But, I really don't mind, since the color is sooo beautiful and not harmful to my hair.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I don't know why this has gotten such a bad rep, but my experience with this was great. Since I've been graying prematurely, I decided to try the Clairol Beautiful Advanced Gray Solutions. Initially, I was skeptical because I hadn't had haircolor or any chemicals on my hair since '05, but I'm happy I did it. It's been a little over a month and the color (Midnight Black) is still covering my gray! I used two bottles because my hair is thick and goes beyond my shoulder blades. I also wash my hair once a week and I don't use shampoo (sounds weird, but apparently, a lot of ppl go poo-less). If any of that helps ... There was also no change in the texture of my hair (other than a lot of shine), and I've had no negative results, with the exception of splattering my shower curtain and counter :-(. Overall, I would definitely recommend this product. As long as the formula and my results stay consistent, I will continue to use this. Oh, and I forgot to mention, I processed this under a hooded dryer for about 30 mins.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

After years of processing my hair and watching it turn to 'straw', I let my hair grow out without processing it at all. Over time - it took many, many haircuts and lots of patience - I had a healthy head of hair, naturally med/dk brown. I was bored w/my color and hadn't changed it in about 10 years, so I let my brother-in-law use a demi-permanent color on my hair at his salon in dk brown/burgundy. It came out great but of course faded because it wasn't permanent but at least it was still healthy! I moved shortly after that, so I couldn't get my hair done for free anymore (sob!) and I can't afford to get it done at a salon all the time, so I had to find a cheaper, non-permanent alternative. I've been alternating between Nice 'n Easy Color Boosting Glaze (burgundy, dk brown or black) and John Freida's Color Glaze (dk brown and dk red) for a boost of color but those colors are too limited for me. I recently used L'Oreal's Color Pulse in Chilled Plum which was absolutely gorgeous but it washed out quickly. Today I tried the Clairol Beautiful Collection in Amethyst. It put a lovely plummy tone in my hair without turning my hair purple and was pretty cheap. My hair did have a little bit of that waxy/greasy residue that all the color glazes seem to give me even after completely rinsing, but I was home all day doing nothing. My hair hasn't dried out a bit, it's very soft and it smells good. Tomorrow I'll wash it before I leave the house, so it should look just fine. I wash my hair every other day, so I hope my hair holds onto this color! If it doesn't, that's ok because it's not expensive. I love it and will try either the Wine Brown color or the Clairol Jazzing in Cherry Cola next time it needs some color. Long live hair stains! I'll never use permanent color again!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was so sad when sebastian colourshines got discontinued. I had a horrible experience with my hair getting overprocessed and dried out from permanent haircolor a couple of years ago and had been using colourshines while growing it out because of the no ammonia, no peroxide thing. And although I loved how conditioning colourshines was, it was a pain to use because you really had to use heat with it which seemed to make it more labor and time intensive. And I had to mix a few colors to get the right aubern/red shade I wanted.

I just tried Clairol's Beautiful Collection for the first time last week (Rosewood) and it gave me the nearly perfect shade of medium dark auburn, was totally easy, no heat or mixing required, and seems to last as long as colourshines. And it's cheap at about $5 a bottle. Yay!!! It doesn't give as much shine or softness as colourshines, but since it is easier, that's ok with me. I took one lippie off because I too had the waxy hair thing after coloring, but I'm going to try shampooing right after coloring next time to try to avoid that.

Update: The waxy feeling after coloring has made this just not worth the trouble of using. It usually takes two shampoos for my hair to act normal again. BUT...I'm so excited because Sebastian is selling Cellophanes again! I just used it yesterday, and the color is beautiful (I mix the red red and red brunette together for a really nice auburn color), and my hair feels healthy and looks shiny. So glad they brought this product back!