Clairol Beautiful Collection Semi-Permanent Hair Color

Filtered by skin type : Other

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

May Contain All or Some of the Following Ingredients: Water, Ethoxydiglycol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Triethylsilylamodimethicone, PEG-50 Tallow Amide, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Fragrance, Panthenol, Aloe Barbadensis Flower Extract, Tocopherol Acetate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Glycerin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Citric Acid, Lauryl Glucoside, Erythorbic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok. This stuff is terrible. I have practically virgin hair because i decided a couple years ago to stop damaging it with color and it grows so quickly that its all pretty much untreated. I take excellent care of my hair and its very long. I used this to try to cover up some of the brass that the sun caused my honey brown hair this summer. I used the light ash brown. First of all, my hair now looks straight AUBURN, which on me is just gross. Second, it accentuates any split ends i did have, luckily not many. I could barely get my brush through it (i use a wet brush and it works wonderfully every day) and it DOUBLED my blow drying time. In fact, my hair is still wet. My hair feels gummy and looks ridiculous and frizzy.. i have NEVER had frizzy hair. This is supposed to be ash?? Seriously horrible. I will stick to Ion from now on.

I use this product only on stubborn, resistant gray at my temples. For that purpose, it works great. It is quite thick, and I found colors are very true to the swatches. It does not smell and is easy to use. It really does become "permanent" when used with heat; but it's not usually worth the time because I'm using it on areas that I keep short. When I tried it as an all-over hair color, I found the color to be too flat. Also - it has Hydrolized Wheat Protein, so when used as an all-over hair color, it makes my hair smell like beer when damp.

washed out of my hair in about 2-3, which was good, cuz i didn't like the color anyway (it actually when the color pictured on the bottle, which impressed me) . i did just what the directions said to do, shampoo leave it in for 25 min (i may have left it in 5 mins longer though) and rinsed. the color i used was close to the color of my hair (my highlights anyway). i did notice my hair felt a bit "waxy" as i was rinsing out the color, and i think it did weigh down my natural curls a bit, i won't use that exact color (champagne), but i may try other colors in the line, just for fun, as it does wash out in just one shampooing for me(though i know nothing too much darker will wash out as fast). more likely i'll try the other lines at sally's first.

Absolutely LOVE this product. I think it gives me the same quality if not better than a salon. I've used the honey brown several times and I just love it. tones down a lot of the red in my hair and just lives a rich brown. I wished it lasted a little longer, but for the price and ease you can't beat it!!

Eyes: Violet

I decided to try this out after my hair turned to straw from Radiance Colorgloss. I used the Cedar Red Brown shade over already red brown hair, and it turned out lovely. I used it straight on dry hair and then blow dried it for a while. It's been two weeks, and the red still seems to be there. What impressed me was the silkiness of my hair following the treatment. There was no dryness whatsoever, and the texture was excellent. Perhaps the absence of peroxide and ammonia make for a gentler product. Of course, the trade-off is that Beautiful is not strong enough to truly cover grey or serious roots. But if you want to give a nice vibrance to your color without destroying your hair you should definitely look into this product. We'll see how long it lasts...