Clairol Beautiful Collection Semi-Permanent Hair Color

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

3.6

May Contain All or Some of the Following Ingredients: Water, Ethoxydiglycol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Triethylsilylamodimethicone, PEG-50 Tallow Amide, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Fragrance, Panthenol, Aloe Barbadensis Flower Extract, Tocopherol Acetate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Glycerin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Citric Acid, Lauryl Glucoside, Erythorbic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is perfect for my hair. I use the Advanced Gray Solutions in 4A. I put a small squirt into a tint bowl and dilute it with conditioner about 1:4. My hair is naturally grey all over, but when I apply this mixture (1 hour under plastic wrap), it turns into the most natural beige blonde. No regrowth as it gradually fades out and no damage either. It’s perfect. Only drawback is the cost. I live in Australia and have to import this in bulk, so shipping is very expensive.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a really good choice if you have damaged or relaxed hair, or if you want to darken hair. My natural hair color is a very cool toned, ashy level 6 or 7. I had been previously coloring with permanent dye, but my hair is pretty damaged and it's been fading quickly. I tried this and I really liked it. There is no mixing, no developer, no harsh odors of ammonia or peroxide. I used the shade Medium Warm Brown which states that it has a gold base, but I found the base to be closer to red violet. The color is very rich and natural looking. I was a bit worried it wouldn't look as good a permanent color . I was pretty hesitant as I have not used a semi permanent color since my teen years. This really came out nicely and my hair wasn't fried or dried out. I'd say get two bottles if your hair is past your shoulders as there is not a lot in one bottle, the directions do recommend to fully saturate the hair.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I got this to tone down the red in my light brown hair. I got the light ash brown color. I saturated my hair with it (used a bottle and a half) and left it on for an hour. It darkened my hair a bit, but it made it much redder. Definitely *not* ash brown.

I really liked this product, the price isn't bad but I think it should be slightly cheaper. (I bought mine at Sally's). My hair was pretty damaged when I used this but surprisingly it was really moisturizing and seemed to improve the quality of my hair. The results came out nicely, it looks natural, and even colored. I left the dye on for 25 minutes without any issues with it dripping. Although your hair does need to be towel dried before putting this on your hair. If you don't then it's much more difficult to apply and you use way more of the product. I used the color rosewood brown.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This product is a true semi-permanent, non damaging color that washes out and could in no way wreck your hair. That I think is fantastic. Although, for me it didn't really work to deposit the color (prob due to my hair.)

My hair is highlighted and this colored it about as much as a toner would. It made the blond pieces I tried to darken with the light ash brown just a warmer shade of blonde--I might try using this after a clarifying shampoo next time, or leave it on longer and see if I get more color deposit. My hair was a nice texture afterwards, and I bet it would be great for other hair types (black/brown/red/light brown, graying hair.) it's very subtle on hair that's been lightened blonde.

I picked this up to dye a student's hair for a play (I'm a theatre teacher). I mixed one bottle of Rosewood Brown (level 3) with two bottles of Medium Warm Brown (also level 3) in my own applicator bottle. The resulting color was absolutely gorgeous! It turned out to be a medium-dark auburn -- a little more red than I had wanted, but it still turned out very well. I can't speak to lasting power yet, but will find out when I see her again in three days. We only need it to stay in her hair for three evenings for the play.

I just colored with "Light Golden Chestnut." I have a bright red scalp.

I love this stuff. I used the shade Cedar Red Brown, and it is the perfect shade of red for my very pale skin tone. The formula is very moisturizing, and my hair was very shiny and soft after the process, but I did also put on some It's A 10. I see people commenting on a "waxy" feel that was left on their hair, but that was not a problem with me. I put on some of my conditioner after I rinsed the color out, and that fixed it. My hair had been highlighted a few months ago, and because this is a glazed, the color had so pretty, and it had a gorgeous depth. I would highly recommend this product for anyone who wants to change their color, but keep their hair healthy. I also was to say that is product could never lift the hair to a lighter shade than it already is because it has no peroxide. This is basically a color glaze.

I started dying my hair about a year ago, as my grays were starting to bother me, so my hairdresser recommended a semi permanent dye, as my hair is very fine and REALLY delicate. Anyway, I was spending $85 every two months, and I wanted to find an affordable alternative, to doing this. I really didn't want to ruin my hair either. After doing extensive research, for weeks and weeks, I decided to use this product. My hair is medium-dark brown, and I want to blend the grays, instead of dying them dark brown. Currently, when my fancy hair-dresser color fades, the grays turn into a very light blond. I'm fine with blond, in fact, I like it. Anyway, I tried this dye tonight, and I added it to about 1/4 of a cup my cheapo conditioner that I had in the bathroom. The thickening of the dye made the application a LOT easier. It was still messy, but not terrible. I applied it first to my roots, and then put some on the ends anyway. I set it under a blow dryer for 10 minutes, and then let it set for another 30 minutes. I washed it out and it looks amazing. My hair is super soft and there are no signs of gray. I only wash my hair twice per week, and I hope to do this once a month (I only used 1/2 of the $6 bottle of dye-score!), so I hope it lasts a few weeks. I can't even tell I dyed my hair, but there are no grays in sight. Yay! I hope it lasts :) My hair is super delicate and baby fine, so I am so happy that nothing appears to be damaged or broken. Yay!

Update: It has been two weeks and the color has almost entirely washed out. I'm going to try Wella Color Charm next...

I used level 3, medium ash brown.
My hair is a mess. I used to have dyed black hair, lifted it all the way to platinum blonde. My hair has major breakage so I'm staying away from hair dyes mixed with peroxide. If I lose anymore hair, I will be rocking a mullet. My hair is so annoying. I decided to go back to dark hair, give my hair a rest. Going from blonde to brown was simple but after each wash, my hair looks horrible. I got 3 inches of dark brown roots, my regrowth holds the brown dye no problem and of course the fried/used to be blonde hair won't hold hair dyes. I can't keep dying it either, I'll have no hair left. I bought this Clairol product from a hair store. I like it but not in love with it. I put a cap on my head and put a lot of heat on my hair too. It did do the trick by making my lighter hair match up to my dark brown roots so it looks all evened out now BUT (I only have one complaint) my hair feels very waxy. It's very conflicting. I read the reviews on here about this product. A few ladies said don't wash the rinse out until the water is completely clear or you'll wash it right out. I'm not sure if they know what they're talking about... I took that advice and my hair just feels so waxy. Maybe I should of washed a little bit more? Or maybe this is how the rinse makes your hair feel? I don't know. But my hair does look one solid color now which is nice to see when I've been having super dark roots and lighter ends for the last month. I will settle with the waxy feeling and keep using it until I find a better product! Waxy hair is better than peroxide treated hair dye that just makes my hair snap.