Clairol Beautiful Collection Semi-Permanent Hair Color

3.5

May Contain All or Some of the Following Ingredients: Water, Ethoxydiglycol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Triethylsilylamodimethicone, PEG-50 Tallow Amide, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Fragrance, Panthenol, Aloe Barbadensis Flower Extract, Tocopherol Acetate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Glycerin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Citric Acid, Lauryl Glucoside, Erythorbic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have a blonde strip of hair by my face that was starting to get really copper looking. I recently wanted it to look like the rest of my hair which was colored 1N Very Black by One n' Only Argan Oil Color. Despite being a permanent hair color the copper/blonde started peaking through after just a few washes & I realized that I would have to touch it up really quickly. Not wanting to keep using a permanent color so many times on just one strip of hair I decided to get this in Jet Black. It ended up blending my blonde really well & looking way less noticable than before. It doesn't last very long even though I use a very gentle, sulfate-free shampoo from Shea Moisture but because this is so easy to use, really moisturizing & I only need it on one of strip of hair I'm okay touching up with it.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I color my hair with a 5G in ION every 4 months and in between colorings I buy the Honey Brown in this product at Sallys (level 4 with a gold base) and it makes my hair so shiny and healthy after I rinse. The color lasts only 5-6 shampoos which sucks but it still is a really pretty darker brown that fades into a light golden brown. I buy 3 at a time so I have them on hand. I would recommend if you don't want to damage your hair with color or want to try something that will fade.

I really liked this product, the price isn't bad but I think it should be slightly cheaper. (I bought mine at Sally's). My hair was pretty damaged when I used this but surprisingly it was really moisturizing and seemed to improve the quality of my hair. The results came out nicely, it looks natural, and even colored. I left the dye on for 25 minutes without any issues with it dripping. Although your hair does need to be towel dried before putting this on your hair. If you don't then it's much more difficult to apply and you use way more of the product. I used the color rosewood brown.

I got this product to test out a color on my hair. I have long, thin, very very fine brown hair. I used the Advanced Gray Solution formula in Mahogany Red Brown even though I don't have gray to cover. I loved it. It did not leave any waxy residue on my hair, or did it dry it out, or leave it corse. It comes out shiny, smelling good, very soft, and perfect. I leave it on for 45mins - 1 hour. I rub it into my scalp and then put it up in a cap. I wash my hair daily so this only lasts about a week for me, but my hair looks amazing the entire time.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was looking for something to add some warmth to my hair which was a neutral level 3 brown at the roots and a little lighter at the ends. I didn't want to use anything with ammonia or peroxide because my hair had been bleached in the past and I was looking for something that would not damage my hair any more. This stuff worked great. I used Cedar red Brown, a level 4, because I did not want to go any darker than I already was. It came out exactly how I wanted, adding a red tint to my hair, and giving it a warm reddish glow in the light. I applied it to my roots first then pulled it through the ends for the last five minutes because my ends are dry and often drink up too much color. It worked perfectly. My hair is only slightly darker, still a level three, which is to be expected with a deposit only color. Anyone using this color will NOT be able to go lighter because it does not contain ammonia or peroxide.
A few people on here complained about feeling a waxy substance left behind but I had no such experience. It did take a long time to rinse out (more than I am used to) but afterward my hair felt so soft and was so shiny! My only complaint is that it was a little drippy since it is not very thick, but as long as you know that ahead of time and are prepared you will be all set.
In the past I have used natural instincts and other drug store brand semi-permanent hair colors to liven up my neutral brown locks but they always came out much darker that I wanted and did not provide the beautiful red hue I was looking for. This stuff did so without overly darkening my hair and I am excited to try another color in a month or so

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I use the Advanced Gray Solution and I really like it. To get a color I like, I have to mix one bottle of light golden chestnut with two bottles of rich dark brown. I use the mixed solution on my roots every two weeks. Three bottles last about two months. I apply the product to dry hair then I use a hair coloring brush to even out the application along my roots. I put on a hair cap and leave it on for over an hour. Then I wash my hair using Quantum Beautiful Browns shampoo and condition. It seems to build up with every application so that applying to my roots is sufficient.

My hair grows really fast and I need to color my roots every two to three weeks anyway. Even with a demi-permanentnt hair color, my hair was getting very damaged. My hairdresser said she could tell from my hair when I switched to this hair color because my hair is in better condition closer to my scalp. I really like it because my hair seems to be very easily damaged and I needed a solution to cover my fast growing gray hair without damaging my hair further.

Update: 1/12/2013
I just called Clairol to see why they suggest applying this to damp hair, and she said it helps it adhere better and the color will last longer. She also said the difference between the regular Beautiful collection and the Advanced Gray Solution, is the AGS has the added ingredient toulene in the form of Toluene-2,5-Diamine Sulfate. She assured me that toulene will not damage my hair at all, but I wonder if I should switch to the regular Beautiful collection.

Update 11/23/2013

I no longer use this, I find Wella Charm demi-permanent from Sally's is much better and lasts longer.

I picked this up to dye a student's hair for a play (I'm a theatre teacher). I mixed one bottle of Rosewood Brown (level 3) with two bottles of Medium Warm Brown (also level 3) in my own applicator bottle. The resulting color was absolutely gorgeous! It turned out to be a medium-dark auburn -- a little more red than I had wanted, but it still turned out very well. I can't speak to lasting power yet, but will find out when I see her again in three days. We only need it to stay in her hair for three evenings for the play.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I also purchased the Cedar Red Brown and I LOVE it!! I have very course red hair with natural blonde highlights. I decided to try something new and this color has sold me!! The only down side I have, as did many others, is that it doesnt last long. But, I really don't mind, since the color is sooo beautiful and not harmful to my hair.

I love this stuff. I used the shade Cedar Red Brown, and it is the perfect shade of red for my very pale skin tone. The formula is very moisturizing, and my hair was very shiny and soft after the process, but I did also put on some It's A 10. I see people commenting on a "waxy" feel that was left on their hair, but that was not a problem with me. I put on some of my conditioner after I rinsed the color out, and that fixed it. My hair had been highlighted a few months ago, and because this is a glazed, the color had so pretty, and it had a gorgeous depth. I would highly recommend this product for anyone who wants to change their color, but keep their hair healthy. I also was to say that is product could never lift the hair to a lighter shade than it already is because it has no peroxide. This is basically a color glaze.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Good product! I have a relaxer and resistant grays and this covers my grays quite nicely for about a month (I wash twice a wk). I use the warm med brown-leave on for 45 mins w/plastic cap. It turns out darker than I'd like but you have to go darker (it seems) to effectively cover grays. The grays at the front hairline reappear within a few days but I think that is more from face washing, than the product's fault. Glad there's a dye that covers gray for a reasonable amount of time without damaging the hair.