Clairol Beautiful Collection Semi-Permanent Hair Color

3.5

May Contain All or Some of the Following Ingredients: Water, Ethoxydiglycol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Triethylsilylamodimethicone, PEG-50 Tallow Amide, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Fragrance, Panthenol, Aloe Barbadensis Flower Extract, Tocopherol Acetate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Glycerin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Citric Acid, Lauryl Glucoside, Erythorbic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok. This stuff is terrible. I have practically virgin hair because i decided a couple years ago to stop damaging it with color and it grows so quickly that its all pretty much untreated. I take excellent care of my hair and its very long. I used this to try to cover up some of the brass that the sun caused my honey brown hair this summer. I used the light ash brown. First of all, my hair now looks straight AUBURN, which on me is just gross. Second, it accentuates any split ends i did have, luckily not many. I could barely get my brush through it (i use a wet brush and it works wonderfully every day) and it DOUBLED my blow drying time. In fact, my hair is still wet. My hair feels gummy and looks ridiculous and frizzy.. i have NEVER had frizzy hair. This is supposed to be ash?? Seriously horrible. I will stick to Ion from now on.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I got this to tone down the red in my light brown hair. I got the light ash brown color. I saturated my hair with it (used a bottle and a half) and left it on for an hour. It darkened my hair a bit, but it made it much redder. Definitely *not* ash brown.

I purchased the black Clairol Professional advanced gray solution, washed my hair as directed and used the entire bottle. After the allotted time adding 5 minutes rinsed my hair. My gray is now a light brown color. I would not recommend this at all to anyone!

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

My mother bought this for my daughter who wanted to change her hair color but didn't want it to be permanent. My daughter's hair is light brown & had never been colored before. They got the jet black color which should have had no problem with coverage. Her hair is shoulder length. She followed all the directions & after processing, it was barely dark brown. Since she had another package, she wet her hair down & tried it again & still ended up with brown hair--definitely not anywhere near jet black. The color did not even last a week & all that week it was actively coming out of her hair--staining the towels after her shower. This was really the most awful stuff I have ever seen. After this experience, I took her & bought her the Ion Color Brilliance Demi Permanent in blue black & it worked great.

Maybe I had some kind of allergic reaction to this, but it induced hair loss. I have never had that happen with a product before, so I was really shocked...going back to using ION semi which I have never had a problem with...
=(

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used the color 14k the other day and my hair looks horrible. i I was hoping to get some warmth in my blonde hair, instead I ended up with flourescent red-orange hair. I washed it several times after trying to get the color out, it didn't come out at all. Then I put lemon juice on it, it did nothing to lighten it. It looks so ugly and the lady I called for advice at Clairol was rude. And her explanation of how to "fix" the color was extremely complicated and she said it would then be brown and months later I could get it back to blonde, maybe. I asked her about washing it out and how long it would take and she said if my hair was very light before dying it, (which it was) that it would take longer than normal to come out. This sucks!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Other

I used heat, kept this stuff on for an hour, and my hair was as per photo before I started (natural). This was two days ago. I just washed my hair with a gentle shampoo and watched half the color (champagne) go down the drain. After the next shampoo, it should be all gone. What a disappointment. Now I need deep conditioning, and will have to wait until all this comes out, including the wax or whatever. Weeks?

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I did not like this product at all. I put it in and left it in like it said and I have dyed my hair many times. I put it in and liked the color, but it deposited a weird substance on my hair and the color had rinsed out in about 2 days. I don't recommend.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

At first, I loved this product. I used the red brown. The color was so beautiful. The color lasted about 3 to 4 days only.
My hair fell out for 3 weeks. I went to two doctors. I had my thyroid, testosterone tested. Everything good. I used the semi again. 3 more weeks of hair just falling out by root. Terrible itching. I went to dermatologist. He didn't think it would be the dye. He said a temp shedding from stress. I once again used it again because I loved the color. AGAIN, hair falling out. Needless to say..NO MORE! I was wondering if anyone can help me with a red brown color. I would rather semi perm. Not a violet red. a red brown. thanks!

I have never been so furiously dissatisfied with a product as I am with this innocuous little five dollar bottle. I will go back to regular drugstore kits or professional jobs for good after this. I don't know what happened, because so many of the reviews here are positive and so many people surely can't be wrong but after applying this stuff (in Rosewood, if that matters) to my shampooed, towel-dried hair and leaving for 25 minutes under a shower cap, I had nothing more than a head covered in red wax that refused to come off. I rinsed for 30 minutes in the shower, trying to get the blood-red stuff to come out, but in the end the horrible deposit remained. It was like I had melted a candle on my head. Of course, no amount of water will remove wax. I got out and dried it, thinking some melting miracle might occur, but it only became dry wax. I could twist my hair into outlandish positions even though it was completely dry, but that wasn't exactly what I was going for. So in desperation I shampooed it three times, and still it had only slightly improved. My hair refused to dry naturally, it was so covered in crap. And what's more, after shampooing, only a trace of color remained - just the trusty ol' gunk. I think my hair is actually less red than before. I ran my fingers through my hair and they had this ridiculous waxy sheen to them. I had a nightmarish vision of being transformed into a human-shaped votive. In the end, I spent 3 hours trying to get it out and I still feel like my head has been lightly brushed in Crisco. Hmm, maybe I'll go stick my head in the oven until it's a golden brown. Or attach a wick to my forehead and enter a school play. Oh, what did I do to deserve this horrible helmet? And what's more, my once-healthy scalp is itching. Next I will be breaking out in sores and my house will burn down. Do a strand test, or stay away. Augh!!