Clairol Beautiful Collection Semi-Permanent Hair Color

3.5

May Contain All or Some of the Following Ingredients: Water, Ethoxydiglycol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Triethylsilylamodimethicone, PEG-50 Tallow Amide, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Fragrance, Panthenol, Aloe Barbadensis Flower Extract, Tocopherol Acetate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Glycerin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Citric Acid, Lauryl Glucoside, Erythorbic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have a blonde strip of hair by my face that was starting to get really copper looking. I recently wanted it to look like the rest of my hair which was colored 1N Very Black by One n' Only Argan Oil Color. Despite being a permanent hair color the copper/blonde started peaking through after just a few washes & I realized that I would have to touch it up really quickly. Not wanting to keep using a permanent color so many times on just one strip of hair I decided to get this in Jet Black. It ended up blending my blonde really well & looking way less noticable than before. It doesn't last very long even though I use a very gentle, sulfate-free shampoo from Shea Moisture but because this is so easy to use, really moisturizing & I only need it on one of strip of hair I'm okay touching up with it.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I color my hair with a 5G in ION every 4 months and in between colorings I buy the Honey Brown in this product at Sallys (level 4 with a gold base) and it makes my hair so shiny and healthy after I rinse. The color lasts only 5-6 shampoos which sucks but it still is a really pretty darker brown that fades into a light golden brown. I buy 3 at a time so I have them on hand. I would recommend if you don't want to damage your hair with color or want to try something that will fade.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok. This stuff is terrible. I have practically virgin hair because i decided a couple years ago to stop damaging it with color and it grows so quickly that its all pretty much untreated. I take excellent care of my hair and its very long. I used this to try to cover up some of the brass that the sun caused my honey brown hair this summer. I used the light ash brown. First of all, my hair now looks straight AUBURN, which on me is just gross. Second, it accentuates any split ends i did have, luckily not many. I could barely get my brush through it (i use a wet brush and it works wonderfully every day) and it DOUBLED my blow drying time. In fact, my hair is still wet. My hair feels gummy and looks ridiculous and frizzy.. i have NEVER had frizzy hair. This is supposed to be ash?? Seriously horrible. I will stick to Ion from now on.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Didn't work for me, could be because my hair was freshly bleached, but for the price I just wouldn't recommend it. it washed out when I was supposed to rinse my hair and just left a dirty-looking stain.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a really good choice if you have damaged or relaxed hair, or if you want to darken hair. My natural hair color is a very cool toned, ashy level 6 or 7. I had been previously coloring with permanent dye, but my hair is pretty damaged and it's been fading quickly. I tried this and I really liked it. There is no mixing, no developer, no harsh odors of ammonia or peroxide. I used the shade Medium Warm Brown which states that it has a gold base, but I found the base to be closer to red violet. The color is very rich and natural looking. I was a bit worried it wouldn't look as good a permanent color . I was pretty hesitant as I have not used a semi permanent color since my teen years. This really came out nicely and my hair wasn't fried or dried out. I'd say get two bottles if your hair is past your shoulders as there is not a lot in one bottle, the directions do recommend to fully saturate the hair.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I got this to tone down the red in my light brown hair. I got the light ash brown color. I saturated my hair with it (used a bottle and a half) and left it on for an hour. It darkened my hair a bit, but it made it much redder. Definitely *not* ash brown.

I really liked this product, the price isn't bad but I think it should be slightly cheaper. (I bought mine at Sally's). My hair was pretty damaged when I used this but surprisingly it was really moisturizing and seemed to improve the quality of my hair. The results came out nicely, it looks natural, and even colored. I left the dye on for 25 minutes without any issues with it dripping. Although your hair does need to be towel dried before putting this on your hair. If you don't then it's much more difficult to apply and you use way more of the product. I used the color rosewood brown.

I purchased the black Clairol Professional advanced gray solution, washed my hair as directed and used the entire bottle. After the allotted time adding 5 minutes rinsed my hair. My gray is now a light brown color. I would not recommend this at all to anyone!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have henna on right now (the real, genuine good stuff) and am trying to once again nurse my oft-abused hair into health, but didn't want it red. My natural color is dark brown. So I've been using aveda black malva over it to tone it down which just doesn't want to take on my roots. They were glaringly burgundy with near-black hair. So in order to not do anything hasty and put real, permanent in the most permanent sense of the word indigo on top of my henna, (though that's the best richest shiniest black EVERRRR) I've tried this out in the midnight black shade. It's the one that's for resistant greys (since it's for my red resistant roots)- advanced grey solutions. Gotta say I'm impressed! I'm not about to touch peroxide to my head for a good long while and it was this or indigo, and I can't commit right now to that. It's so easy to just squirt in (wear gloves obviously), I capped my head for about 30 min (I think I wasn't really keeping close track as there's no damage to worry about), I never put Vaseline on skin while dyeing since if that touches 1 hair that hair isn't getting dyed and it came off my skin just fine, when i got in shower I made sure to use the hose down low upside down as not to splatter tar all over, rinsed and rinsed, lightly shampooed to eliminate any residue that would cause post-dye bleeding, deep conditioned, and alas! Roots WAY better covered than with the black malva. I wasn't expecting the level of coverage from that of an oxidative demi or indigo or anything; it's just much better and the red tinge is barely visible in bright sunlight only. Will probably have another go to my roots and sleep in it, since I have short hair currently and there's half the bottle left. Probably letting the residue sit in there without shampooing it out for a few days would've taken to my roots better, but it was supposed to rain the next day! I don't want people to think I sweat grey. Until I can redye I'm using ion's black root cover powder (which is so new it's not on here yet) or color wow root touch up in black (THAT stuff is the bomb). Why oh why use a demi or perm that uses damaging developer when you can just use something like this?! (Unless of course you have very resistant greys, at which point that type of dye may be necessary; however if you're open minded I urge you to give henna/indigo combos a go since they are GOOD for your hair ... Way more so than this stuff is!) Very comparable to the adore plus I've tried in the past. Good stuff and would recommend many times over in lieu of oxidative dye if it can work for you. Think of it as a natural-colored manic panic!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I got one bottle of this to use as a rinse until I could apply demi permanent color to my thick dark brown shoulder length texlaxed hair.

I wanted to go JET BLACK and I got this in the color JET BLACK! I had texlaxed my hair 2 days prior to applying, and my hair is pretty porous. So I prepooed, shampooed, deep conditioned, then I applied this to my hair and left it on with heat for 30 mins & without heat for 5.

My color was SO RICH!! My hair was so soft. It looked amazing and I loved it! My hair did feel a little waxy, but it could've been my leave-in interfering with the dye. After about a week however; the dye faded without me even washing my hair or sweating it out...

So overall the color was very rich, but the lasting power was poor (like most rinses)

Popular Hair Color Products