Clairol Beautiful Collection Semi-Permanent Hair Color

Filtered by age: 56 & Over

2.8

May Contain All or Some of the Following Ingredients: Water, Ethoxydiglycol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Triethylsilylamodimethicone, PEG-50 Tallow Amide, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Fragrance, Panthenol, Aloe Barbadensis Flower Extract, Tocopherol Acetate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Glycerin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Citric Acid, Lauryl Glucoside, Erythorbic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20

I just colored with "Light Golden Chestnut." I have a bright red scalp.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Since Clairol has discontinued Born Blonde Non-Peroxide Toners, I have so far been using this semi-permanent (no ammonia;no peroxide) product in the only light shade in which it is available: Champagne. My hair is pre-lightened so this is used as a toner. It is much more expensive than was Born Blonde and no "crystal packet" is available. It has an odd odor but not really bad. The result is acceptable (neutral light blonde) but I miss the larger selection of colors (and mix and match) of Born Blonde.
The only other option I have located is a similar Ion product but it is more violet. I really do not want to use a peroxide toner on my already very bleached hair. The lasting quality Of Beautiful Collection is similar to Born Blonde, i.e., lasts as well as peroxide toners which I would rate as fair. Beautiful Collection does leave my hair shiny and looking in somewhat better condition. I purchased the product at Sallys. If Clairol stops making this, I guess I will have to resort to using Roux Rinse every shampoo! Roux is a great product but must be applied often. EDIT: I have ordered a dup of Born Blonde NPT from the UK called Proclere Herbal Blonde Toner. Needless to say, it is pricer than Born Blonde with the $7.80 shipping charge (per order regardless of # of bottles in order) and a modest tax. Still, if it works as well as Born Blonde NPT, I am willing to fork over the money. Disgusting that I must resort to a foreign country because Clairol does not care about it decades-loyal Baby Boomers customers.
EDIT II: I love Proclere Herbal Blonde Toners! I take off a lippie on the Beautiful Collection as it does not last.

I was so disappointed in this product. I thought, terrific, no mixing, no fuss. Well once I colored, dryed and styled my hair, I thought it was awful. It left a waxy, horrid residue in my hair. That stayed in my hair for more than a week, and I needed to use clarifying shampoo several times. After that it just faded to an unattractive brass color. I used Rosewood, which is the shade I use in Natural Instincts, but the results were so different. I'm going back to NI, which leaves my hair beautiful, shiny, and richly colored for a full six weeks. How hard is it to mix two items, after all.

Eyes: Violet

I decided to try this out after my hair turned to straw from Radiance Colorgloss. I used the Cedar Red Brown shade over already red brown hair, and it turned out lovely. I used it straight on dry hair and then blow dried it for a while. It's been two weeks, and the red still seems to be there. What impressed me was the silkiness of my hair following the treatment. There was no dryness whatsoever, and the texture was excellent. Perhaps the absence of peroxide and ammonia make for a gentler product. Of course, the trade-off is that Beautiful is not strong enough to truly cover grey or serious roots. But if you want to give a nice vibrance to your color without destroying your hair you should definitely look into this product. We'll see how long it lasts...