Clairol Beautiful Collection Semi-Permanent Hair Color

Filtered by age: 36-43

3.4

May Contain All or Some of the Following Ingredients: Water, Ethoxydiglycol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Triethylsilylamodimethicone, PEG-50 Tallow Amide, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Fragrance, Panthenol, Aloe Barbadensis Flower Extract, Tocopherol Acetate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Glycerin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Citric Acid, Lauryl Glucoside, Erythorbic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20

I purchased the black Clairol Professional advanced gray solution, washed my hair as directed and used the entire bottle. After the allotted time adding 5 minutes rinsed my hair. My gray is now a light brown color. I would not recommend this at all to anyone!

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I used this faithfully in jet black to cover my grays. It covers very well but it only lasts a week! No exaggeration here. I even leave it on longer than the instructions tell you and it still doesn't last but I'm stuck with it because I am allergic to permanent dyes and this one is so gentle.

Every now and then I try one of the reddish shades and it takes well on my dark hair which was suprising to me.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

My mother bought this for my daughter who wanted to change her hair color but didn't want it to be permanent. My daughter's hair is light brown & had never been colored before. They got the jet black color which should have had no problem with coverage. Her hair is shoulder length. She followed all the directions & after processing, it was barely dark brown. Since she had another package, she wet her hair down & tried it again & still ended up with brown hair--definitely not anywhere near jet black. The color did not even last a week & all that week it was actively coming out of her hair--staining the towels after her shower. This was really the most awful stuff I have ever seen. After this experience, I took her & bought her the Ion Color Brilliance Demi Permanent in blue black & it worked great.

Maybe I had some kind of allergic reaction to this, but it induced hair loss. I have never had that happen with a product before, so I was really shocked...going back to using ION semi which I have never had a problem with...
=(

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I also purchased the Cedar Red Brown and I LOVE it!! I have very course red hair with natural blonde highlights. I decided to try something new and this color has sold me!! The only down side I have, as did many others, is that it doesnt last long. But, I really don't mind, since the color is sooo beautiful and not harmful to my hair.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Oh, boy. I have thin, fine hair. I loved the color I got, which was a touch darker than the description, typical of semi-perm colors. But the waxiness, holy candle-head, Batman! I have washed for times and my hair is still coated.

By the time the waxiness is gone, the color will be too, since it has already lightened considerably. So this product doesn't work for me. I'm thinking it may be good for someone with coarse and/ or damaged hair, someone who does need a solid coating on his or her hair. Because of this possibility, and because the color really did come out pretty and natural-looking, I gave it two stars rather than one even though I personally won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Good product! I have a relaxer and resistant grays and this covers my grays quite nicely for about a month (I wash twice a wk). I use the warm med brown-leave on for 45 mins w/plastic cap. It turns out darker than I'd like but you have to go darker (it seems) to effectively cover grays. The grays at the front hairline reappear within a few days but I think that is more from face washing, than the product's fault. Glad there's a dye that covers gray for a reasonable amount of time without damaging the hair.

I have used this product many times, in different colors. This is supposed to be a semi-permanent color, but like many here, I noticed this rinses out pretty quickly. I also suggest using a strand test. I used 14K Gold on my medium blonde hair and it came out bright golden auburn. And the Champagne was so ashy it turned my hair a dark blonde with green undertones. However, once you find the right color, I suggest using this as a gentle color refresher, and that's about all. It does go on nicely, smells great, and conditions your hair. And since it has no harsh chemicals in it, you won't ruin your hair with this product.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I am on my third bottle of this wonderful product. This is easy to use and long lasting on me if I use heat with it. I only have to apply this every 6-8 weeks because I wash every other day and use Quantum Browns gradual color shampoo to keep the color going. I like that the scent is not strong and does not linger. This is very easy to use. I apply to clean, damp hair then put on a shower cap and sit under a hair bonnet for 10 minutes. Then I leave it on for an additional 25 minutes so that the color will hold on longer in my hair. Love how it gradually fades out of the hair so there is not tell tale line like with permanent color and henna. Often on sale at Sally Beauty.

I colored my hair today with Clairol Beautiful Collection Advanced Grey Solutions in Light Goldent Chestnut. The color is a bit too red, but what I am impressed with is that my resistant grey (white, actually) is COMPLETELY covered, which is saying something because I have difficulty covering my grey with even permanent hair color. My hair feels great, too! I only wish that they offered lighter, more natural shades as they do in the other Beautiful Collection line. I will also have to see how long it lasts, as most haircolors fade on me rather quickly.

Clairol, more lighter and natural shades for Advanced Grey Solutions.

Popular Hair Color Products