Clairol Beautiful Collection Semi-Permanent Hair Color

Filtered by age: 25-29

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

May Contain All or Some of the Following Ingredients: Water, Ethoxydiglycol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Triethylsilylamodimethicone, PEG-50 Tallow Amide, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Fragrance, Panthenol, Aloe Barbadensis Flower Extract, Tocopherol Acetate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Glycerin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Citric Acid, Lauryl Glucoside, Erythorbic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok. This stuff is terrible. I have practically virgin hair because i decided a couple years ago to stop damaging it with color and it grows so quickly that its all pretty much untreated. I take excellent care of my hair and its very long. I used this to try to cover up some of the brass that the sun caused my honey brown hair this summer. I used the light ash brown. First of all, my hair now looks straight AUBURN, which on me is just gross. Second, it accentuates any split ends i did have, luckily not many. I could barely get my brush through it (i use a wet brush and it works wonderfully every day) and it DOUBLED my blow drying time. In fact, my hair is still wet. My hair feels gummy and looks ridiculous and frizzy.. i have NEVER had frizzy hair. This is supposed to be ash?? Seriously horrible. I will stick to Ion from now on.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This product is a true semi-permanent, non damaging color that washes out and could in no way wreck your hair. That I think is fantastic. Although, for me it didn't really work to deposit the color (prob due to my hair.)

My hair is highlighted and this colored it about as much as a toner would. It made the blond pieces I tried to darken with the light ash brown just a warmer shade of blonde--I might try using this after a clarifying shampoo next time, or leave it on longer and see if I get more color deposit. My hair was a nice texture afterwards, and I bet it would be great for other hair types (black/brown/red/light brown, graying hair.) it's very subtle on hair that's been lightened blonde.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was looking for something to add some warmth to my hair which was a neutral level 3 brown at the roots and a little lighter at the ends. I didn't want to use anything with ammonia or peroxide because my hair had been bleached in the past and I was looking for something that would not damage my hair any more. This stuff worked great. I used Cedar red Brown, a level 4, because I did not want to go any darker than I already was. It came out exactly how I wanted, adding a red tint to my hair, and giving it a warm reddish glow in the light. I applied it to my roots first then pulled it through the ends for the last five minutes because my ends are dry and often drink up too much color. It worked perfectly. My hair is only slightly darker, still a level three, which is to be expected with a deposit only color. Anyone using this color will NOT be able to go lighter because it does not contain ammonia or peroxide.
A few people on here complained about feeling a waxy substance left behind but I had no such experience. It did take a long time to rinse out (more than I am used to) but afterward my hair felt so soft and was so shiny! My only complaint is that it was a little drippy since it is not very thick, but as long as you know that ahead of time and are prepared you will be all set.
In the past I have used natural instincts and other drug store brand semi-permanent hair colors to liven up my neutral brown locks but they always came out much darker that I wanted and did not provide the beautiful red hue I was looking for. This stuff did so without overly darkening my hair and I am excited to try another color in a month or so

I picked this up to dye a student's hair for a play (I'm a theatre teacher). I mixed one bottle of Rosewood Brown (level 3) with two bottles of Medium Warm Brown (also level 3) in my own applicator bottle. The resulting color was absolutely gorgeous! It turned out to be a medium-dark auburn -- a little more red than I had wanted, but it still turned out very well. I can't speak to lasting power yet, but will find out when I see her again in three days. We only need it to stay in her hair for three evenings for the play.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used the color 14k the other day and my hair looks horrible. i I was hoping to get some warmth in my blonde hair, instead I ended up with flourescent red-orange hair. I washed it several times after trying to get the color out, it didn't come out at all. Then I put lemon juice on it, it did nothing to lighten it. It looks so ugly and the lady I called for advice at Clairol was rude. And her explanation of how to "fix" the color was extremely complicated and she said it would then be brown and months later I could get it back to blonde, maybe. I asked her about washing it out and how long it would take and she said if my hair was very light before dying it, (which it was) that it would take longer than normal to come out. This sucks!

I used level 3, medium ash brown.
My hair is a mess. I used to have dyed black hair, lifted it all the way to platinum blonde. My hair has major breakage so I'm staying away from hair dyes mixed with peroxide. If I lose anymore hair, I will be rocking a mullet. My hair is so annoying. I decided to go back to dark hair, give my hair a rest. Going from blonde to brown was simple but after each wash, my hair looks horrible. I got 3 inches of dark brown roots, my regrowth holds the brown dye no problem and of course the fried/used to be blonde hair won't hold hair dyes. I can't keep dying it either, I'll have no hair left. I bought this Clairol product from a hair store. I like it but not in love with it. I put a cap on my head and put a lot of heat on my hair too. It did do the trick by making my lighter hair match up to my dark brown roots so it looks all evened out now BUT (I only have one complaint) my hair feels very waxy. It's very conflicting. I read the reviews on here about this product. A few ladies said don't wash the rinse out until the water is completely clear or you'll wash it right out. I'm not sure if they know what they're talking about... I took that advice and my hair just feels so waxy. Maybe I should of washed a little bit more? Or maybe this is how the rinse makes your hair feel? I don't know. But my hair does look one solid color now which is nice to see when I've been having super dark roots and lighter ends for the last month. I will settle with the waxy feeling and keep using it until I find a better product! Waxy hair is better than peroxide treated hair dye that just makes my hair snap.

I bought two of these at Sally... I usually use Jazzing. I have super damaged hair from dying brown hair blonde, so I try and baby it with semi-permanent dyes til it grows out.

That being said, this did leave my hair glossy and soft and richly colored.

But the downside to that is that it is extremely drippy, worse than Jazzing which is pretty bad in itself. It smells better than Jazzing, but it left my hair feeling kind of gross and sticky after rinsing, and I know it's not my conditioner. It definitely runs A LOT on the first wash, I was pretty sad to see that.

All in all you get what you pay for, it didn't visibly damage my hair and it looks good. Worth a shot, but personally I will be going back to Jazzing after I run out of this one.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I used this product in Jet Black and it was ok for the most part. If wasn't as dark as I expected it to be. It came out in a natural black instead. It did not stain my scalp which was a plus but it came out in abou 2 to 3 washes and was done when i relaxed my hair which usually makes color stay longer. Hair did feel conditioned though. It was not that expensive about $4.00 at sally's (on sale). Not sure if i will buy again. Probably if it was on sale. About to try ion demi color (on sale at sally's) with next relaxer.

EB

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I don't know why this has gotten such a bad rep, but my experience with this was great. Since I've been graying prematurely, I decided to try the Clairol Beautiful Advanced Gray Solutions. Initially, I was skeptical because I hadn't had haircolor or any chemicals on my hair since '05, but I'm happy I did it. It's been a little over a month and the color (Midnight Black) is still covering my gray! I used two bottles because my hair is thick and goes beyond my shoulder blades. I also wash my hair once a week and I don't use shampoo (sounds weird, but apparently, a lot of ppl go poo-less). If any of that helps ... There was also no change in the texture of my hair (other than a lot of shine), and I've had no negative results, with the exception of splattering my shower curtain and counter :-(. Overall, I would definitely recommend this product. As long as the formula and my results stay consistent, I will continue to use this. Oh, and I forgot to mention, I processed this under a hooded dryer for about 30 mins.

washed out of my hair in about 2-3, which was good, cuz i didn't like the color anyway (it actually when the color pictured on the bottle, which impressed me) . i did just what the directions said to do, shampoo leave it in for 25 min (i may have left it in 5 mins longer though) and rinsed. the color i used was close to the color of my hair (my highlights anyway). i did notice my hair felt a bit "waxy" as i was rinsing out the color, and i think it did weigh down my natural curls a bit, i won't use that exact color (champagne), but i may try other colors in the line, just for fun, as it does wash out in just one shampooing for me(though i know nothing too much darker will wash out as fast). more likely i'll try the other lines at sally's first.

Popular Hair Color Products