Clairol Beautiful Collection Semi-Permanent Hair Color

Filtered by age: 19-24

3.9

May Contain All or Some of the Following Ingredients: Water, Ethoxydiglycol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Triethylsilylamodimethicone, PEG-50 Tallow Amide, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Fragrance, Panthenol, Aloe Barbadensis Flower Extract, Tocopherol Acetate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Glycerin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Citric Acid, Lauryl Glucoside, Erythorbic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have a blonde strip of hair by my face that was starting to get really copper looking. I recently wanted it to look like the rest of my hair which was colored 1N Very Black by One n' Only Argan Oil Color. Despite being a permanent hair color the copper/blonde started peaking through after just a few washes & I realized that I would have to touch it up really quickly. Not wanting to keep using a permanent color so many times on just one strip of hair I decided to get this in Jet Black. It ended up blending my blonde really well & looking way less noticable than before. It doesn't last very long even though I use a very gentle, sulfate-free shampoo from Shea Moisture but because this is so easy to use, really moisturizing & I only need it on one of strip of hair I'm okay touching up with it.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I color my hair with a 5G in ION every 4 months and in between colorings I buy the Honey Brown in this product at Sallys (level 4 with a gold base) and it makes my hair so shiny and healthy after I rinse. The color lasts only 5-6 shampoos which sucks but it still is a really pretty darker brown that fades into a light golden brown. I buy 3 at a time so I have them on hand. I would recommend if you don't want to damage your hair with color or want to try something that will fade.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Didn't work for me, could be because my hair was freshly bleached, but for the price I just wouldn't recommend it. it washed out when I was supposed to rinse my hair and just left a dirty-looking stain.

I really liked this product, the price isn't bad but I think it should be slightly cheaper. (I bought mine at Sally's). My hair was pretty damaged when I used this but surprisingly it was really moisturizing and seemed to improve the quality of my hair. The results came out nicely, it looks natural, and even colored. I left the dye on for 25 minutes without any issues with it dripping. Although your hair does need to be towel dried before putting this on your hair. If you don't then it's much more difficult to apply and you use way more of the product. I used the color rosewood brown.

I got this product to test out a color on my hair. I have long, thin, very very fine brown hair. I used the Advanced Gray Solution formula in Mahogany Red Brown even though I don't have gray to cover. I loved it. It did not leave any waxy residue on my hair, or did it dry it out, or leave it corse. It comes out shiny, smelling good, very soft, and perfect. I leave it on for 45mins - 1 hour. I rub it into my scalp and then put it up in a cap. I wash my hair daily so this only lasts about a week for me, but my hair looks amazing the entire time.

i just put it in today but it left my hair really really shinnneeeeyyyyy. i used it cuz i had some really bleached high lights on my dark hair that i wanted toned down to light brown.. so i used a honey brown color..its a little darker than expected but i feel like it didnt damage my hair at alllll... i agree it was a bit waxxyy when i rinsed it out, but after one quick shampoo and condition it was just fine and feels great! lets see how long it lasts! if it lasts long i will definately buy this product again because i loved the color and the feel!

I have never been so furiously dissatisfied with a product as I am with this innocuous little five dollar bottle. I will go back to regular drugstore kits or professional jobs for good after this. I don't know what happened, because so many of the reviews here are positive and so many people surely can't be wrong but after applying this stuff (in Rosewood, if that matters) to my shampooed, towel-dried hair and leaving for 25 minutes under a shower cap, I had nothing more than a head covered in red wax that refused to come off. I rinsed for 30 minutes in the shower, trying to get the blood-red stuff to come out, but in the end the horrible deposit remained. It was like I had melted a candle on my head. Of course, no amount of water will remove wax. I got out and dried it, thinking some melting miracle might occur, but it only became dry wax. I could twist my hair into outlandish positions even though it was completely dry, but that wasn't exactly what I was going for. So in desperation I shampooed it three times, and still it had only slightly improved. My hair refused to dry naturally, it was so covered in crap. And what's more, after shampooing, only a trace of color remained - just the trusty ol' gunk. I think my hair is actually less red than before. I ran my fingers through my hair and they had this ridiculous waxy sheen to them. I had a nightmarish vision of being transformed into a human-shaped votive. In the end, I spent 3 hours trying to get it out and I still feel like my head has been lightly brushed in Crisco. Hmm, maybe I'll go stick my head in the oven until it's a golden brown. Or attach a wick to my forehead and enter a school play. Oh, what did I do to deserve this horrible helmet? And what's more, my once-healthy scalp is itching. Next I will be breaking out in sores and my house will burn down. Do a strand test, or stay away. Augh!!

This doesn't last very long but it's very moisturizing. I mix it with my conditioner for a custom color enhancing/prolonging effect. I use permanent red hair dye every few weeks and this keeps my color looking fresher and my hair healthier between colorings.

UPDATE 6/2010: I had to laugh when I saw I had reviewed this back in 2005. When I started using this last Fall (2009), I had no idea I had ever tried it before and this time around my opinion of it is totally different, as is my use. I began using it because I wanted to go red without having to process my hair with permanent dye. I used this in 4R - Mahogany Red Brown from the Grey Solutions line because I am prematurely greying. This made my hair so incredibly soft and shiny and it covered my greys completely without ever fading. I only needed to recolor when my roots began to show, which is amazing for a semi-permanent. The color was very multi-dimensional and my greys tended to turn a slightly brighter irredescent red, creating a very pretty highlighted effect. It never seemed to damage my hair much at all. For the application, I always applied it to my entire head (dry hair) and then placed a processing cap over it. I used my hairdryer to add heat, but since this is tedious without a bonnet dryer, I only did this step for about 10 minutes and then chilled for about an hour with the cap still on before jumping in the shower. Even though I only applied the heat for 10 minutes, I did notice that my color result was more vibrant and red if I did this step. Be prepared to rinse really really well for a long time and use a dark colored towel, because the color will bleed for at least the first 3 times you wash your hair after coloring. I felt this was expected from a semi-permanent and a small price to pay for the results.

My only caveat, and it's a big one, is that recently I decided to go back to blonde and this hair color was IMPOSSIBLE to remove, a testament to its long-lasting nature. So if you think you may want to change colors or go lighter at some point after using this, be prepared for serious bleaching. Please see my review of the Aphogee Two-Step Protein Treatment for the ordeal I went through to get this color out!