NARS Cosmetics Artist Palette - American Beauty

NARS Cosmetics Artist Palette - American Beauty
Artist Palette - American Beauty

3.8

Yey, I was finally able to nab this palette off ebay. It's pretty much what I expected it to be. The colors in this palette give me a warm, earthy look. I'm GGG so it totally suites my skintone. I just wish Calypso I, the olive geen eyeshadow, was more pigmented. I feel like I have to layer it well to make it show up on me. Other than that, I'm very happy with the palette.

on 7/12/2005 4:05:00 AM

This palette is discontinued and hard to find and people go crazy to obtain it. It' a nice palette, but I don't get they hype around it. Like most NARS palettes (I have many), the colors are well picked and all flow well together (the green eyeshadow in this palette is very hard to blend, so I use it as liner mostly), but it's nothing special. If you can find it, definitely grab it if the colors suit you. If not, don't knock yourself out to get it unless you actively collect palettes.

this is a nice palette. My first was Rapture, which I love and this is my second. I got it on ebay for $42. so it wasn't too expensive. The one orange shadow needs to really be blended to work with, but the rest of the palette is warm colors. The green is my favorite.

on 11/9/2003 2:35:00 PM

This is a terrific palettes for a light to medium warm. I am a warm ppp with hazel green eyes and golden brown hair and can wear everything in it. The eyeshadows are sheer and layer nicely so you can wear even the darker color as a lid, crease, or liner color. You can all get different colors by layering them over the other colors. You get two light warm neutrals, Madrigue a pale matt peach, and Tiger Lily 1, a lighty frosted bannana, which both make great base and highlighters. The third color is Calypso 1 a medium muted warm green that makes a great crease or liner color or a nice lid shade when swept over one of the lighter colors.You also get the scary in the pan but very versitile Java. Java is a muted orange that can look golden peach when layerd over Tiger Lily 1, warm medium peach over Madrigue, or burnt orange if you layering it heavily by itself. It also makes a great warm crease color over Calypso I.

The cheeks are St Barts a sheer shimmery beige that can quite dark is more then a day is used. It is a multipliers and makes a nice shimmery beige shadow or lipcolor. The blush is Silvana a pale apricot.

The lips are Barbarella a pale peach, Tangier a sheer berry beige that goes on much lighter then it looks and Blonde Venus a light coral. The fourth lip pan is Rain a "therpy" product, but its your basic lipbalm that makes the lippies a bit glossier. Wish this one had been a peach gloss or laquaer.

on 2/14/2003 12:01:00 AM

I own several NARS palettes, and this is the least flattering for my complexion...the colors are very warm and earthy. Not as neutral as they seem, and not an ounce of pink in any of the colors- bad for my rosy skin and light hair and eyes! The multiple is nice though, and of course the quality of the product is high.

on 2/10/2003 11:04:00 AM

I stayed away from this palette for such a long time because I refused to believe that it would work. Then, I finally decided to try it out, when I did, I was amazed that it didn't look muddy and actually worked on my complexion.

The thing with Nars is, the colors are fabulous, I think, but you really have to try them out. It turns out most of the eyeshadows and especially the lipsticks, work on various skin tones and will even look natural, darmatic, fantastic-depending on how you apply them-but there are certainly a fair share of colors that won't.

on 4/4/2002 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Wasnt the least bit impressed with this at all. I bought it and never used it as the colors looked way too muddy and dark for a PPP like me. Might work for someone with a darker complexion. I gave it a 2 since I generally love NARS palettes.

on 1/19/2002 2:14:00 PM

This is a great palette....I went to the store to buy the Honey Rider and the MA talked me into this saying that it was the only NARS palette really suitable for redheads.(I think he was excepting Skin Deep:)) The colors are definitly on the warm side dut gorgeous and pigmentedI brought it home and I absolutly love it. The Silvania blush is fabulous and the lippies, too. I use this almost everyday. Also, I stink at figuring out what colors go together and this eliminates that worry. I am buying skin deep next.

on 1/16/2002 12:22:00 PM

This was me least favorite of all Nars palettes. I have them all with the exception of Honey Rider. I found this palette to be more warm than neutral and the colors went from orange-y to just plain muddy. I can say that I loved the barbarella lippie and the packaging is great.

on 9/21/2001 3:13:00 PM

What a great NARS Palette. This palette, in the manner of the Skin Deep Artist Palette, is designed to compliment any complexion and does a great job. The colors are a bit bolder than Skin Deep, but are beautiful and easy to apply. A great addition to any NARS collection.