no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 years ago

Not a good product and simply not worth the money. The liquid does not extend fully to the tip of the brush and the line comes out faded and light at times. Even after I lay it on its side overnight, lay it tip down overnight and took out the felt pen and reinserted it the other way (all suggestions from the internet), the product did not get any better. Worse than a drugstore liner, do not buy.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

11 years ago

Hmm not very impressed, but brush that came with it did nothing and it got really messy afterward because you have to dip the little brush in the bottle. Bleh. It's too liquidy for me, i prefer a gel version of MAC, a lot thicker and easier to apply. Did it smudge? not so much so maybe that's one good thing of it. Otherwise, save your money and buy something else cheaper!!! Oh, i picked the color purple it's called "ghost" i believe, but you could hardly see the purple, just black.

About reviewer (45 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

HairBrown

12 years ago

Got this in a swap and so glad I didn't pay money for it. The color is gorgeous(Neverland-a turquoise teal) and it's got great shimmer but it's very difficult to apply. I threw out the tiny brush it came with and I've tried using it with an angled liner brush, a flat liner brush, a bent pointy liner brush and the results were not what I was looking for. Finally got the desired effect with a firm angled eyebrow powder brush used VERY GENTLY on my lashline, but after all that, it smudged and mixed with the black liner I used to rim my waterline(which actually looked kinda sexy according to my DH) Very disappointed...will try to use it on my lids as an eyeshadow and see if I get better results that way...will update later.

About reviewer (28 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

12 years ago

Nars Eyeliner is fabulous when used well...but I must admit, it is not the easiest thing to use. The formula can be thick (weather permitting), and I live somewhere cold so it takes a bit of warming up. I leave them upside down so that when I use it there is always some product in the lid to dip into. The brush you get with it is utterly useless. A push brush is better with this product. The colours are STUNNING. I have Shake Down, the Black one (something Angel!), Eqqus, Silkwood and Peacock. A lot of them are disappearing off the website since they are being reformulated and put into a easier to use form. Some colours will disappear so I think it is worth stocking up if you are in love with a shade. ** Ever had a Deja Vu Moment? I am sure I bought a foresty green colour...hmm must go and look for it. But I digress....** Anyway, I went for a make over recently and the MA use it to tightline with and i dried like a dream and lasted like a dream. When I did it myself I poked myself in the eye and it stung. So you need a bit of skill to use this baby, but I really recommend it the colours are stunning. But maybe not a daily product.

About reviewer (157 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBrunette

12 years ago

Ouch. NARS missed this one. The formulas are very wet, sheer, and take forever to dry. It comes with a little liner brush thats a good brush, but i wish it was attached to the bottle. These are a just a hassle and its not worth it. Beautiful colors though. All the liquid liners are being discontinued and they are reformulating them and putting them in pen form.

About reviewer (151 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinDry, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesGreen

13 years ago

I wish i came across makeup alley before i bought this product. I loved the way the package looked on display but it doesn't work very well in reality. I bought this product a while ago but i've only used it twice. I tried useing it again just now but it's hard to draw an even line even though i often use liquid liners. The size of the brush it comes with makes it difficult to control. It's a waste of money but it seems some ppl like it.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinCombination

14 years ago

This eyeliner is just horrible to work with! The little brush that it comes with doesn't apply very well and it's so wet that it creases as you're trying to apply it. This has already been returned and I will never re-purchase again.

About reviewer (83 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

14 years ago

definitely not worth it!! strange consistency (must layer obsessively to get color), poorly-designed/crappy packaging (the top cracked & now it's drying out, & i hate putting the brush down into the bottle!)... don't see the point, really. MAC Fluidline is much better & more reasonably priced.

About reviewer (158 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

from

14 years ago

Not a fan, great colors, too bad they dont look like that on. You have to layer the begeezus out of them to get them to look like anything, and by then your beautiful thin line you spent 15 minutes on in your bagillion times magnifying mirror that scares the living crap out of you because you see how gross you look that close up is obliterated.... not worth the trouble IMO. and whats up with the stupid little tiny brush?

About reviewer (69 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other

HairBrown

EyesHazel

15 years ago

I was using MAC's powerpoint and it was quite good except that it still smudge a bit. So after reading the reviews here, I bought this liner. It's perfect, I love the colour (Equus), and it didn't smudge or fade even on my oily lids. The only thing I don't like about it is that it is hard to find a place to keep the tiny brush that comes with the jar.

About reviewer (34 reviews)

SkinDry