4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

When used every night, this exfoliating treatment tightens and brightens surface skin. I did not notice any effect on older hyperpigmentation, maybe I needed to use it longer (I used one bottle) or perhaps the Solution in its place. It treats active acne effectively, but does nothing for blackheads. I used it in conjunction with the cranberry gommage, 1-2 pumps onto dry skin immediately after cleansing. The packaging is great, one of the best. Airtight pump so the ingredients are not exposed to air or other contaminates. I actually switched over to this after a trial run with DE Froombus(?). I prefer this one, but am still looking for a more suitable treatment.

About reviewer (38 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Olive, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Medium

EyesBlack

a year ago

It worked for the first couple of times. After that, not sure why I was putting it on. It made my skin smoother and less bumpy for a week then it started to make my skin drier than normal.

About reviewer (48 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

a year ago

A very gentle chemical exfoliant, based on Witch Hazel, plus Glycolic and Lactic (Milk) acids.Very sticky gel which takes 10 minutes to dry. When it finally dries my skin feels tight and dry, so you may need to pop a moisturiser on top. Didn't irritate my sensitive skin. Don't think I'll buy again as it didn't do anything. Also contains Soy, and I don't want anymore estrogens on my skin (that is why everyone avoids Parabens, as they act like an estrogen, so if you don't like Parabens, you should avoid soy in skincare too as they act the same).

About reviewer (1264 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

6 years ago

This version of the Solution is for sensitive skin. I've been using this product for about 4 months and really love it. It has more of a gel-like consistency compared to the original Solution and doesn't burn as much either, if at all. The dispenser is a pump, so very sanitary, and the container itself is a silver (aluminum?) bottle so you cannot see how much product is in there. I'm not sure how Arcona decides which products get the see-through frosted bottles and which ones get the silver bottles... Anyhow, the scent is warm and citrusy, the product dries quickly and does not leave a sticky residue. After I wash and dry my face, this product gets applied in an out and upward direction. The amount of product I use is about the size of a dime. It was extremely difficult to control the pump for the first month or two (I'd get a quarter-sized dollop instead of dime-sized), but lately it's been very easy so I think an air bubble was the cause of my hardship. lol :) All of this I do right before going to bed. I don't put anything else on as this product is supposed to 'repair sun damage and resurface skin' while you sleep. Usually my skin is super dry and prone to flaking, but it does not do that even with just this lone product on (though I can feel that all is not protected). Amazing, right? :) When I wake up, I clean my face: every other day with the Golden Grain Gommage, alternating between Boscia's Konjac Sponge and a facial brush. The Grommage is the more important step/day as the fruit acids will help with the resurfacing. $50 for 1.18 oz. It seems kind of expensive but I'm guessing it will last me at least one year. Anyhow, I always end up looking fresh-faced. I love this product.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

8 years ago

I've never had a product that made me feel like I couldn't live without it, until this. I received a tiny sample size along with some other things I ordered, and decided that I MUST buy a full size bottle after I've used it up. This is the best nighttime treatment I've ever used. period. I put this on at night after I cleansed my face and was going to go straight to bed, but since I have dry skin it wasn't enough moisture for me, so I carefully pat on a thin layer of moisturizer+argan oil. I woke up with clear, glowing, freshly exfoliated skin. My pores looked noticeably smaller and some blackheads were gone (which have NEVER happened before with any product). I normally won't spend more than $30 for a 1 ounce serum, but this is a must have for me now. Definitely worth the expensive price tag. EDIT: while this is still a great product, I noticed that my skin becomes irritated with red spots all over my skin with prolonged use of any alpha hydroxy acids / vitamin c. I guess my skin is too sensitive! I will just stick to the very gentle Brightening Serum by Juice Organics for my exfoliating and brightening needs, but I would still recommend Arcona's Gentle Solution to others!

About reviewer (97 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

8 years ago

I don't know what's in here, but I know it works. On the nights that I use it, my skin gets extra pampered and the next day it looks so much more glowy and smooth. It smells strange, and it's actually a bit sticky when I put it on, but the payoff the next morning makes me happy.

About reviewer (60 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

EyesHazel

9 years ago

This is my new must-have. I have dry, sensitive, acne-prone skin. I put this on at night, and my skin is clearer, smoother, and more radiant than it's ever been in my life. I use it every single night and don't put on any moisturizer. It does not irritate or dry out my skin, which says a lot! I use this in conjunction with the raspberry acne bar, magic white ice, and some other Arcona products, and my skin looks and feels the best that it ever has. I have to add that I had been slathering Tazorac on my acne every night for months, and this did a way better job at clearing up my acne without irritation. I can't go anywhere without this!

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

9 years ago

another great arcona product. when I first started using this product I did not use the gommage the morning after and was getting a little bit of dry skin. Sinse I added in the cranberry gommage my skin no longer dry at all. She said the 2 must be used together.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesGreen

2.0

10 years ago

Ugh, this irritated my skin. Maybe I am using it wrong because I do not use a moisturizer with this, and my skin gets real dry... I have extremely sensitive skin, so once the skin is dry it gets very irritated. I really wanted to like this product because I spent a lot of money on it, and the packaging is lovely. Perhaps I'll give it another try later, but right now the bottle is sitting in my fridge until I run out of my current moisturizer.

About reviewer (113 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Coarse

10 years ago

This is a nice and effective, yet gently exfoliating solution. I tried this when I was given a sample of Arcona's 'Basic Five' for normal skin. It's not irritating at all, like chemical exfoliants. It's lactose-based, I believe. It did not break me out, but left me with soft and clear skin whenever I used it at night. Good stuff.

About reviewer (123 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm