MAC Subculture

MAC Subculture
Subculture, Blankety, DollymixSubculture with BlanketySubcultureSubculture

4.2

on 8/17/2017 7:25:00 PM

Ugh. I want to fall in love with MAC lip products & I keep trying but this didn't win me over. It looked "faded" & has an unflattering orange tone on me. I will- sadly- be returning.

I'm a fan of every other mac pencil but for some reason I can't even get this rock hard formula to show on my lips. such a huge a waste of money.

on 3/10/2016 11:03:00 AM

Not my favourite lipliner, but only because I prefer the other MAC lipliners.
I love the texture of the non-pearlized liners. Subculture has this tiny sheen for me, pearlescence that changes the texture a tad. The colour is perfect for nearly-my-lip-colour match, so if I ever require to overdraw, this is perfect. That being said, because of the minimal colour difference, I rarely reach for this one and would not repurchase.

on 10/28/2015 6:24:00 PM

i like the color of this lip liner, its a near perfect match to my natural lip shade. i dont like that its a wooden pencil, as i prefer makeup forever's aqua lip or urban decay's ozone pencils more. these tug at the lips a little and if you have dry/chapped lips or sensitive skin it might aggravate it, (it doesnt for me but i just prefer lip perfectors more)

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I didn't start wearing lip liner until quite recently but this has quickly become one of my favourites in my small but ever growing collection. It is very natural on me and works beautifully with nude and pink lip colours. I wear it for 8+ hours with zero transfer and no fading.

idk why Mac lipliners have such a high rating, it's so hard to use. it is a wooden pencil packaging and formula, but still even nyx products are way creamier and less than half the price. the color I like but that's it I most definitely prefer automatic lipliners, way easier to use and much more creamy. even if it needs to be sharpened, it's still fine, just can't be this dry

on 9/24/2015 12:15:00 AM

I agree! This is one of the best liners out there!! Not too dark.... Just enought too add depth too the lip. A pretty nude pinkish color. I like to wear it with Modesty lipstick but also goes with light pinks... I'am looking at you Angel. Love too wear it with pinks and nude colors! A must have!!!!

on 7/17/2015 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I don't typically wear lip liner, but I wanted something to anchor a lipstick or gloss. I also wanted something that I could wear on its own, if need be. I did a ton of research online and determined that Subculture would be the best fit for my lips. And it is. It is my lip color but a little darker and pinker. It is a perfect base for ANY lipgloss. I usually wear it with lipgloss but sometimes pair it with Mac Hue or Patisserie and it's beautiful. Now -- I think this lipliner is a little hard and not very creamy. That stinks. But that is probably why it stays put and makes everything last longer. So, no complaints!

on 8/19/2015 3:01:00 PM

I think I've now sampled almost every MAC lipliner and this is the one I've only ever liked enough to purchase. It is beautiful with Myth and isn't harsh looking on my C1 skin, lasts for hours, is creamy and doesn't drag along your lips and keeps your lipstick in place for ages, try this one out!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Absolutely inlove with this lip liner I can't recommend this product enough I have a large lower lip and a small top lip so I use this lip liner to even them out and it acts like a perfect base for a lipsticks. I paired this with too faced melted lipstick in peony to create a more pinkish berry take on Kylie Jenner's lips and it looked amazing I got tons of compliment's on it . It is an absolute essential to everyone's makeup collect.