MAC Whirl

MAC Whirl

4.5

on 8/12/2017 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Love this lip liner. The color and consistency are both fantastic. It's my new favorite!

on 5/2/2017 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Inexpensive non drug store lip liner that everyone should have in their bag if they're after a mlbb shade. I love how it appears dirty brown, pink on me and yet so natural. I love using it on my top lip and apply clear gloss or balm on top for a natural effect. I also use it for pairing with twig lipstick and the colours are so beautiful. It's not as long lasting as make up for Evers aqua liners but has a decent staying power. For reference I'm south East Asian with warm skin tone and pigmented lips.

Great colour and it lasts forever. I use this colour for basically every lip I wear, no matter the lipstick or gloss. Even when I do a red lip, I put this on first to outline my lips more naturally before going over it with a red liner. It's great with matched shades (I like MAC Modesty or Angel) but also nice to use as a matte lip when you fill in your lips completely.

on 9/28/2016 2:12:00 PM

This is one of my favorite cosmetic items of all time. The color is a perfect dusky brown-mauve that goes with so many lipsticks and can be worn successfully on its own (as in, it's not a plan B look, it actually looks really good). It glides yet still adheres to lips, and for some magical reason, drawing a perfect line is so easy with Whirl. And it's not just because it's a MAC liner, I have others and this one is just better. It's a little drying, most lip pencils are.

It's about $17, which may seem like a lot but it's pretty huge. Way longer than standard liner pencils.

WOW! This is an amazing lip liner. The colour is lovely, a great nude which is buildable so can develop into a darker nude also. Matches with a variety of lipsticks. Can even be worn alone, if a small amount is applied. Wears for a long time. But the best thing about it is how big it makes my lips look!

on 6/2/2016 8:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Disappointed in this lip liner. This is my first Mac lip liner and I was looking forward to using it but, unfortunately, it was a waste of money. Its too light for my brown lips, and its too drying. Not to mention the ridiculous price. I wonder what the hype was about. Im yet to purchase other lip liners from Mac.

on 5/27/2016 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I love this! It's very close to my natural lip color, so it goes with most lipsticks, even reds. It's creamy, yet not so much so that it feathers or goes on too heavily. I kind of wish that it came in a twist-up component, but I really don't mind sharpening pencils, so it's a very small complaint. I find that I really need to line my lips as I age, both for definition and to prevent lipstick feathering, and this product is pretty close to perfect for that. This has become my go-to liner, and I will repurchase.

on 4/3/2016 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of my favourite mac lipliners along with Soar and Spice. This looks amazing paired with velvet teddy and really gives me that 90's lip look. Lasts really well through out the day also.

I've used MAC lipliner in 'Stone' for ages but tried this today. Its perfect. It is very plumping and can redraw a lopsided lip. Mine are slightly asymetric but the colour is just perfect. My lipstick wore off after a few hours and when I looked, my mouth still just looked plump and with no harsh line. I have naturally plump lips but always use liner. This must be the best there is.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was really excited to finally get this after all the hype over it. The colour wasn't what I was expecting, but it's still a really nice colour - on me, it's more of a dark pink/slightly brown colour. It is creamy to apply, but not so creamy that it smudges, however like all mattes it dries out my lips after a while, and unless my lips are covered in lip balm it drags a little during application. You really have to make sure you exfoliate before you apply this - otherwise, you will see every flake and dry lips will be more than obvious. It holds pretty well when eating & drinking, obviously it comes off on the very centre of the lips after a little while, but it lasts at least a couple of hours.
As for the price, it's a bit expensive but that's what you'd expect for the brand and considering the fact that it's a very popular colour. I reckon it could've been sold a bit cheaper personally, and I'm not sure if I'd repurchase because it empties your pockets. On top of that, I avoid purchasing MAC now thanks to their animal testing habits.

Popular Lip Liners