MAC Whirl

MAC Whirl

4.5

on 9/28/2016 2:12:00 PM

This is one of my favorite cosmetic items of all time. The color is a perfect dusky brown-mauve that goes with so many lipsticks and can be worn successfully on its own (as in, it's not a plan B look, it actually looks really good). It glides yet still adheres to lips, and for some magical reason, drawing a perfect line is so easy with Whirl. And it's not just because it's a MAC liner, I have others and this one is just better. It's a little drying, most lip pencils are.

It's about $17, which may seem like a lot but it's pretty huge. Way longer than standard liner pencils.

WOW! This is an amazing lip liner. The colour is lovely, a great nude which is buildable so can develop into a darker nude also. Matches with a variety of lipsticks. Can even be worn alone, if a small amount is applied. Wears for a long time. But the best thing about it is how big it makes my lips look!

To Read all 182 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/2/2016 8:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Disappointed in this lip liner. This is my first Mac lip liner and I was looking forward to using it but, unfortunately, it was a waste of money. Its too light for my brown lips, and its too drying. Not to mention the ridiculous price. I wonder what the hype was about. Im yet to purchase other lip liners from Mac.

on 5/27/2016 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I love this! It's very close to my natural lip color, so it goes with most lipsticks, even reds. It's creamy, yet not so much so that it feathers or goes on too heavily. I kind of wish that it came in a twist-up component, but I really don't mind sharpening pencils, so it's a very small complaint. I find that I really need to line my lips as I age, both for definition and to prevent lipstick feathering, and this product is pretty close to perfect for that. This has become my go-to liner, and I will repurchase.

on 4/3/2016 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of my favourite mac lipliners along with Soar and Spice. This looks amazing paired with velvet teddy and really gives me that 90's lip look. Lasts really well through out the day also.

I've used MAC lipliner in 'Stone' for ages but tried this today. Its perfect. It is very plumping and can redraw a lopsided lip. Mine are slightly asymetric but the colour is just perfect. My lipstick wore off after a few hours and when I looked, my mouth still just looked plump and with no harsh line. I have naturally plump lips but always use liner. This must be the best there is.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was really excited to finally get this after all the hype over it. The colour wasn't what I was expecting, but it's still a really nice colour - on me, it's more of a dark pink/slightly brown colour. It is creamy to apply, but not so creamy that it smudges, however like all mattes it dries out my lips after a while, and unless my lips are covered in lip balm it drags a little during application. You really have to make sure you exfoliate before you apply this - otherwise, you will see every flake and dry lips will be more than obvious. It holds pretty well when eating & drinking, obviously it comes off on the very centre of the lips after a little while, but it lasts at least a couple of hours.
As for the price, it's a bit expensive but that's what you'd expect for the brand and considering the fact that it's a very popular colour. I reckon it could've been sold a bit cheaper personally, and I'm not sure if I'd repurchase because it empties your pockets. On top of that, I avoid purchasing MAC now thanks to their animal testing habits.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Whirl came out way different that what I expected and looks plummy and pinkish(i have pale\violet-y lips) I can't wear too much product or my lips will turn a greyish plum. However, layering it creates so many versatile looks. Great formula, was expecting it to be a mauvey pink (thanks kylie) but it works fine.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a very versatile liner. It can blend in from plummy to pinky shades. Pretty long wearing, my liner is on sometimes when my lipstick is all gone.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a good liner but if you are going for the Kylie lip then you need to take your own natural lip color into consideration. Whirl looks different on everyone depending on this and when I use this it comes out looking much more pink/reddish than Kylie's lips (I have light apricot lips naturally). Hers come out more browney/mauve. Macs stripdown looks much more "Kylie" on me and many people I know. I have a Kylie Jenner makeup tutorial if you want to check it out.

Full Size Image