MAC Whirl

MAC Whirl

4.5

IngredientsHydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Talc, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Japan Fruit Wax, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate Lip pencils may contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Manganese Violet, Carmine, Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Red 7 Lake, Red 6, Red 28 Lake, Red 21, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake, Red 30, Red 40 Lake, May Vary.

on 4/16/2018 3:27:00 PM

On my 2nd one! Lovely brown / mauve colour with a slight tint of purple ( in my opinion). Formula isn’t anything amazingly long lasting but it does the job! There’s supposed to be a NYX dupe so probably try that when my pencil runs out. As it is MAC I don’t think it’s worth the price you’re basically paying for the name and hype of the shade. But it’s something you need to try at least once

on 8/22/2017 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

One of my favorite lip liners!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

As many have already mentioned, this liner is often described as a 90s mauve-brown shade. I love lip pencils with beige and brown undertones and thought it looked great on the celebrities and beauty bloggers I had seen. Unfortunately, against my fair skin and on my already quite pinkly pigmented lips, this shade appears pinky-mauve and not at all brown. It's not unflattering, but definitely not the look I was going for - way too vibrant and not anything close to a neutral shade. If you're also fair, I would definitely recommend googling pictures of Whirl specifically on pale skin before purchasing.

on 8/12/2017 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Love this lip liner. The color and consistency are both fantastic. It's my new favorite!

on 5/2/2017 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Inexpensive non drug store lip liner that everyone should have in their bag if they're after a mlbb shade. I love how it appears dirty brown, pink on me and yet so natural. I love using it on my top lip and apply clear gloss or balm on top for a natural effect. I also use it for pairing with twig lipstick and the colours are so beautiful. It's not as long lasting as make up for Evers aqua liners but has a decent staying power. For reference I'm south East Asian with warm skin tone and pigmented lips.

Great colour and it lasts forever. I use this colour for basically every lip I wear, no matter the lipstick or gloss. Even when I do a red lip, I put this on first to outline my lips more naturally before going over it with a red liner. It's great with matched shades (I like MAC Modesty or Angel) but also nice to use as a matte lip when you fill in your lips completely.

on 9/28/2016 2:12:00 PM

This is one of my favorite cosmetic items of all time. The color is a perfect dusky brown-mauve that goes with so many lipsticks and can be worn successfully on its own (as in, it's not a plan B look, it actually looks really good). It glides yet still adheres to lips, and for some magical reason, drawing a perfect line is so easy with Whirl. And it's not just because it's a MAC liner, I have others and this one is just better. It's a little drying, most lip pencils are.

It's about $17, which may seem like a lot but it's pretty huge. Way longer than standard liner pencils.

WOW! This is an amazing lip liner. The colour is lovely, a great nude which is buildable so can develop into a darker nude also. Matches with a variety of lipsticks. Can even be worn alone, if a small amount is applied. Wears for a long time. But the best thing about it is how big it makes my lips look!

on 6/2/2016 8:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Disappointed in this lip liner. This is my first Mac lip liner and I was looking forward to using it but, unfortunately, it was a waste of money. Its too light for my brown lips, and its too drying. Not to mention the ridiculous price. I wonder what the hype was about. Im yet to purchase other lip liners from Mac.

on 5/27/2016 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I love this! It's very close to my natural lip color, so it goes with most lipsticks, even reds. It's creamy, yet not so much so that it feathers or goes on too heavily. I kind of wish that it came in a twist-up component, but I really don't mind sharpening pencils, so it's a very small complaint. I find that I really need to line my lips as I age, both for definition and to prevent lipstick feathering, and this product is pretty close to perfect for that. This has become my go-to liner, and I will repurchase.

Popular Lip Liners