4.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

9 years ago

I have been a MAC Spice girl for many years now because it goes with everything, but this liner is lighter than Spice and a bit more natural looking. I love to wear it with my HG MAC nude, Hug Me. A good dupe for Whirl and Spice is Rimmel's Tirimisu pencil liner, especially when you can find them on sale. Tirimisu is actually closer to the color of Whirl than Spice because it's more nude. I would highly recommend this liner because it is a nude that pairs well with a lot of colors.

About reviewer (553 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesBlue

9 years ago

I don't have too many MAC lipsticks that go with this liner so I don't see the need to buy another one! It is a really pretty liner and only $13 (inexspensive for MAC imo) This looks cool with Snob, and you look put together if you use it with Cherish. I would buy it again if my MAC lipstick collection got more nude colors. I like this lip pencil but I only have 2 shades that it goes with =(

About reviewer (87 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOily, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

from

9 years ago

I reach for Whirl fairly often, but I don't love it. MAC calls Whirl a "dirty rose" but that implies grey to me, and there is no grey in this lip pencil. Instead it's a more tea rose color, and when I swatch it on the back of my hand, I see a lot of brown and very little pink. My lips are mauve, so this is not a good match, but it had been the closest I could find for neutral lipsticks until I discovered Prescriptives Dusty Rose (which is back for a limited time). My favorite MAC lip pencil is still Soar, which more closely matches my lip pigment. I won't purchase Whirl again, but I will use it up.

About reviewer (170 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

9 years ago

I have this weird "outline" on my lips thats about two shades darker than the middle portion of my lips. This outline made it difficult to wear lighter lip colors because the edges of my lips would always look funny. Not anymore my friends. I use the whirl lip liner on the edges of my lips to neutralize the dark spots and apply whatever lipstick I want on top with a brush. The color is kind of a beigy-plum and works really well with my skintone (I'm indian and C40 with MAC for reference). I would purchase this again in a heart beat.

About reviewer (151 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination

HairBlack

EyesBlack

10 years ago

My lipliner for all my Nudes!

About reviewer (160 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

10 years ago

I was using MAC Spice for so long thinking that it was their best nude liner. I was wrong. Whirl is the PERFECT color, not too light and not too dark. it has the right mixture of pink and beige unlike MAC Spice which is too dark and orangey. I've heard that whirl is more like what the old spice was like since they tweaked their colors. Edit: I just ordered another pencil in whirl and I am just not in love with it like I once was. Maybe I got a bad one (too purpleish). I hope M.A.C. isn't always this inconsistent with their colors. I am using Rimmel lip liner in Wild Clover and it is my favorite right now.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Medium

10 years ago

I have to say that I love MAC's lipliners. I haven't found one I didn't like yet. This one in particular is really nice. It's just a shade or two darker & slightly more pinkish than my own lips. I applied to my entire lip. It felt fairly creamy. I put an almost clear NYX lipgloss over the top (those are so creamy feeling) & that was it. It lasted for hours. I ate lunch, added a little more lipgloss & was good to go for several more hours. I asked the hubby what he thought & his response was..."surprisingly natural looking". He liked. :-) Another good one from MAC! Yay me!

About reviewer (94 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

10 years ago

Can't live without MAC lip pencils. Haven't purchased drugstore lip liners in years -- I mean years over 15! I usually stick to the same color liners that I've been using for years and I've purchased Whirl 3x in the last 9 or so years? Color is similar to Hover, but on a darker pinkish level. The last power of MAC's lip liners are great. Until someone convinces (drugstore lip liners) me other wise than that's what I'm sticking too. I also love Spice as well, but can't seem to find it anywhere in my house. I'm guessing I lost it, so I need to buy me another :-)

About reviewer (139 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Olive, Cool

HairBlack, Wavy, Other

EyesBrown

from

10 years ago

This was my first l/l from Mac. I went to buy the ubiquitous spice, but came away with this instead. This is a pretty plummy rose color that I find very feminine and flattering. It pairs well with many of my lip sticks. I'm very particular about my m/u and find that MAC generally makes the grade. This l/l is no exception.

About reviewer (130 reviews)

Age

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Coarse

EyesHazel

10 years ago

I got this lip liner coz I wanted something natural that goes with pink-nudes, but im an NC35 with uneven lip color, like my upper lip is slightly darker than my lower lip, and this lip liner is actually the same color as the dark part so thats y I dnt like it that much coz i was lookin 4 sumthin thats goin 2 lighten & even my lip color... besides, its not creamy & kinda dry, so I have 2 condition my lips b4 applyin it which is not so handy when im outside & n a hurry..

About reviewer (125 reviews)

Age19-24