4.4

Reviews

2.0
from

13 years ago

Another MAC l/l that hasn't worked for me. :( Spice was far to warm/orange/dark on me so I was hoping Whirl would work with my ppp complection and light pink lips. Unfortunately it looked almost as bad as Spice. It definitely has less orange and warm tones in it but it still has a lot of brown, an absolute no-no on my light pink lips. I must have very odd colored lips b/c I'm having a lot of trouble find a l/l that matches my natural lip color. If anyone has any recs for me plmk! Whirl has mostly great reviews and I can see where it would look great on a lot of people, but if you're fair skinned with very pink lips I definitely recommend you try before you buy.

About reviewer (402 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

13 years ago

When the MAC trainer told us about Whirl when it was new, he said "Whirl is the new Spice". lol! This is much better for me than spice nice I have a fair, ruddy complexion and naturally pigmented pinkish lips. I tend to wear more pink/rose lip colors, and this liner is a perfect match for those.

About reviewer (1546 reviews)

Age

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

13 years ago

I've got blonde hair and blue eyes and naturally a deep golden tan. And this color is perfect! I use it every day. I use to mix plum with spice to get the color I wanted, but it always ended up too dark. This color looks great with Delish lipstick, Pink Meringue LipGlass, Or just by itself or with a sheer sparkly lipgloss. I absolutely LOVE this liner! It's just the perfect color!. It's like a natural neutral color with a tiny touch of plum in it. It lasts a long time too! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!

About reviewer (69 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

from

13 years ago

My lips are a funny, hard-to-match color. Most lipliners are either too orange/brown or too red/purple/dark. It is tough to find a nice, cool-toned neutral, but I found it with this product. It's officially a staple.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesGreen

13 years ago

I love whril. When i first got this I didnt even bother to try it on i just saw it and bought it. Im REALLY happy with this colour. Sometimes Its a bit red. I love how its last soo long. I use it almost everyday. Mine is soo old that it does have little dents all around the pencils

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination

HairBrown

EyesBlack

13 years ago

I gave this one a 4 because while its pretty its not as versitile as what I was told. I had originally bought it to use with the Plushglass Ample Pink (not for me, makes the color WAY too purple) and for Viva Glam Little VI (which I haven't tried yet). I was upset that it made the Ample Pink look so purple when I specifically said that is what I didn't want.... I hope it doesn't do the same to the VI. I was going to return it but I tried it with a lighter pink shade (I have no idea of the name, its a full size sample of Rev. Turkish Delight, but that was the working name and I have no idea what name they actually used when it came out) and it actually looks REALLY pretty, it made it slightly mauvish. I also didn't like that its not very smooth. It pulls at the lips and makes it hard to line them. I wouldn't buy it again simply because I don't think I'll use it much. I usually use subculture because it matches my lips.

About reviewer (186 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

13 years ago

I usually use spice, but I bought this for a change today. When I got it home and tried it though, it was really dark on me. I have light skin and blondish hair and it was just too purple and did not go on evenly. I wanted to use it as a base for lip gloss but it just doesn't complement my complexion. I'm gonna exchange it for spice tomorrow.

About reviewer (185 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

3.0

13 years ago

Not a bad product. Very good colour for my lips but does not go on nice and smooth. Kind of "grabs" the lips. Overall though, not bad may repurchase.

About reviewer (42 reviews)

SkinNormal

HairBlond

13 years ago

This is the exact same colour as my lips and works well to give a very natural outline. It is a dusty pink/mauve that is very smooth to apply and is very long-lasting. It works well with all of my MAC Lipglass & Liplustres and is great for lipsticks too. A make-up staple of mine that I use regularly. I would definitely repurchase Whirl.

About reviewer (116 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

13 years ago

In general, I find the quality of MAC lipliners to be average ... they are slightly dry for my tastes and most of the base colours are too warm, however I think their packaging looks fab and it gets me hooked each time. I wish they came in more pinky based shades for their lipliners, especially lighter berry or plum shades. Whirl is a nice shade that is somewhere between Spice and Dervish ... it doesn't go with the very cool-toned lipsticks and lipglosses of mine, but goes very nicely with all the neutral pinky lipsticks. I used it quite a bit when I first got it but realized it doesn't blend that well with all the cooler toned lippies/glosses so I haven't reached for it in a while. However, still a very versatile shade which I can see flattering on a lot of people and skintones.

About reviewer (282 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm