REVLON Fire & Ice

REVLON Fire & Ice

4.1

I am 62 and have never heard of this . I read a recent review of it online, and purchased a bottle on a whim and expected something ho hum ( purchased at Wal Mart ) . The first spritz seemed rather generic, but I went ahead and sprayed a few times on my clothes to give it a few hours to analyze .

Within a half hour I smelled a warm vanilla amber that seemed familiar . Actually I own an oil similar to this scent . The day went on and I literally found this cheapie to be downright intoxicating . By dinner time , I headed to a local restaurant . After my meal was over , a YOUNG male chef came to my table. He had a big smile , and said with great enthusiasm “You smell so good!” . By that time I could not smell it , but he did .

I find this interesting because two weeks ago I splurged on a beautiful Guerlain I fell in love with - Eau De Shalimar . I have worn that fragrance several times ( it is gorgeous and a soft version of Shalimar ) out while doing errands or having dinner with friends . The Guerlain received no compliments , but Fire and Ice, by Revlon , got the attention of a handsome young chef . The moral of this story is two fold . Never judge a book by its cover ( brand label ) and don’t assume grandmas wear ugly fragrances that are tasteless .

I like this fragrance so much I bought three more bottles. It smells a lot like “Amber Romance “ a VS product . However, Fire and Ice has less sweetness and is smoother. It smells like an expensive perfume and I love it .

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Someone here described it as a sheer oriental, which is exactly right. I find it unpleasantly awkward at the beginning. The notes are clunky then. Once it settles on the skin it develops into a smooth and pleasant, and extremely feminine, fragrance. It is not a statement fragrance but a backdrop that won't overwhelm. I like that it doesn't smell cheap either. It is perfect for fall.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I absolutely love this fragrance! Its smells alot like ICI. It has a gourmand scent to it but not cloying. It reminds me of creme soda with cherries. Its so delightful and sexy with a hint of amber and musk. I love the bottle it is a flame. I hope they never discontinue this product its one of the best. I cant stop smelling my wrist. Its so lovely and does not smell cheap. The sillage is not too strong and it lasts at least 6 hours or more. Its a great fragrance for any time of the year ♥

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This is has been a long time favorite of mine.
It is definitely one of those scents that may or may not work with your individual chemistry.

I have used this on and off since middle school.
This is a very old school scent for me that brings back plenty of memories.
I have always received compliments on it.
Women at work or here n there compliment on it and ask what it is, Men have always told me it smells very good.

Fire and Ice has a unique sweet exotic scent you can definitely make out the spiciness and musk but it is not overwhelmingly strong.

Another old-school scent that I am still fond of is Exclamation.

My favorite scents are
These two mentioned of course along with Heavenly- Victoria Secret, Sensi -Giorgio Armani, Princess -Vera Wang, Flowerbomb - Viktor & Rolf, La Vie Est Belle - Lanc�me
So if you like these I think you will like Fire and Ice and Exclamation as well.

Below are descriptions from FragranceNet.com

Fire & Ice
perfectly blended fragrance for women, tangerine mixes beautifully with orange flower and magnolia. This fresh base is accompanied by a hint of woods, musk, and spices. Introduced in 1994, this soft, exotic scent allows you to exude an air of mystery at social gatherings. Gently spray Fire & Ice on your wrist or behind your ears before going on an informal outing with your family or meeting your friends for lunch.

Exclamation
a mix of amber, apricot, peach, and sandalwood notes to create a fragrance you won't soon forget. Since its introduction in 1988, Exclamation has provided women a scent suitable for any number of casual events, from an after work drink with friends to a morning brunch with family. No matter where it's worn, this perfume is a great way to make an impression.

on 12/27/2013 10:00:00 PM

On me this is very linear, no progression at all - just a flat syrupy sweet amber with a hint of flowers. It's far too sweet on me, and it smells quite cheap. The bottle is attractive. In Australia it normally sells for around $29 but can be found on sale fairly often. There are better inexpensive floral orientals out there.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This surprised me. The immediate spray was alcohol but it quickly dissipated in seconds to a warm, sweet amber that was unassuming and delightful! I loved it immediately.
The scent is soft and powdery on me. It dries down to a mix of amber, incense and musk, just what I adore. It's a wonderful oriental scent that I never would have expected from Revlon at a drugstore price.
Its drydown is a candy-like caramel, a delicious aroma similar to toasty marshmallows over a fire. This scent I can go to sleep with because it's cozy and warm and snuggly. So very pleasant to wrap yourself with under the blankets.
Fire & Ice stays close to the skin but impacts a scent warm and sensual enough to announce that the wearer is indeed a woman of substance. Not overbearing, just enough mystique to pique one's interest.
Lasts for hours and develops into a more delightful scent as time goes by.
As with any scent, one can only test drive it a few times to see how it blends with your own chemistry.
Top Notes: Orange Blossom, Osmanthus, Tangerine.
Middle Notes: Orchid, Magnolia, Tuberose, Narcissus.
Base Notes: Incense, Amber, Musk, Woody Notes.

on 9/14/2012 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I would describe this fragrance as "nice but generic." Fire and Ice is a pleasant blast of cherry, vanilla, and musk with a hint of ambery spice. It smells exactly like VS's Amber Romance. Quite sweet. It certainly doesn't offend my nose, it just doesn't smell unique.

on 12/30/2009 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Cheap crap. Didn't know this existed still, I remember it from the mid 90s. A lot of girls in my HS were wearing it. I don't know why grown women would want this scent on their body. I'm not just judging by how it smelled on me, but, like I said, MANY girls were wearing it back then.
YUCK! Smells so cheap too.

on 12/26/2009 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My favorite fragrance. Obviously using it sparingly. It's soft and really inviting.

on 11/16/2008 4:49:00 PM

I discovered this shortly after it came out and have been wearing it on and off ever since. I think the name "Fire and Ice" fits it very well, not to mention the design of the bottle. It's a very spicy musky scent, the vanilla and cherry is what drew me in but the other added ingredients make it unique in it's own way. I am pleased to see that they still sell it after all these years, I know I will still be able to buy when I run out. Glad to see there are so many who like it as much as I do!

Popular Fragrances