MAC Cosmetics Strobe Cream

Filtered by hair type : Kinky
MAC Cosmetics Strobe Cream
Strobe CreamMAC Strobe Cream

3.2

Spring Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Distearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cholesterol, Jojoba Esters, Steareth-10, Cetyl Esters, Cetyl Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Extract, Whey Protein (Lactis Proteinum), Panthenol-Pro-Vitamin B5, Cyanocobalamin Vitamin B12, Tocopheryl Acetate, 7-Dehydrocholesterol Pro-Vitamin D3, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ceramide 2, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pyrus Malus Extract, Lactic Acid, Sucrose, Linoleic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Polyacrylamide, Laureth-7, Glycerin, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Sodium Sulfite, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Citrate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Red 4

on 11/8/2016 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I am a 50 yr old woman with really nice skin -- no break outs for last few decades

This broke my skin out every time i used it. I tried I tried it again and again and same results every time

I ended up using it on my arms and it didn't do much for me there other than add a little glow. I ended up tossing it out in the end as I have too many creams and oils that work for me. Have no idea what is in this stuff that would make my clear clean skin get white heads black heads and pimples

I went back to my own face and body creams, a lot cheaper and better

on 6/10/2016 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Love!!! I use this under my mineral foundation and over my normal moisturiser. This gives me a lovely dewy look. Even in humid weather!
I've always used some kind of highlighter or blush over my foundation as powder does tend to make the face look a little flat (and sometimes too matte). Using the strobe cream under my powder takes out the flatness completely. People have commented on my glow. I'm not sure how much of that is down to eating lots of green veg and how much I can credit to the strobe cream.

No sparkles either - finally!

I'd definitely repurchase if I ran out and wasn't distracted by the next amazing highlighter/bronzer/illuminiser.

on 2/20/2012 6:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Awful. Just awful. Smells like fish and feels very dry on the skin. If I could give this a 0 out of 5 I would. Seriously broke me out after one use of being mixed in with my foundation. I can't highlight how horrific this is enough. A truly awful product from MAC.

on 2/5/2012 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I find this is better for a "glowy" look. I prefer powder highlighters like gold deposit for a "BAM" kind of highlight and this gives an overall "bam" kind of highlight. Definetly a low key subtle glow. I apply after primer or mix it with my studio moisture tint. I would rebuy.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

I love the "glow" this gives to my cheeks, but I found I can't apply it to my t-zone as it makes me look like I have an oil-slick!

It does give a lovely brightening sheen to your skin, which is nice and subtle -- doesn't make you look like C3PO like some other "shimmery" products.

Next time I will buy the Strobe Liquid so I can apply it over more of my face.

on 5/8/2008 6:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

This is the only highlighting type product I've used so far which gives my skin a lovely glow without any hint of glitter or shimmer. I don't like the strange artificial scent although I'm becoming a bit more used to it. Also, it's strange that MAC designed the bottle to be stood on its head but the cap is rounded so it doesn't quite stay upright.

Depending on my skin's need, I either use this alone as a moisturiser, or mix it with another moisturiser/sunscreen to fake lovely, dewy skin. It would be great if MAC could make this in a bronze version as well for those pale, wintry months. It's also a bit pricey for the quantity but it's the best illuminating product I've used so far so I'll continue to repurchase.