MAC Cosmetics Strobe Cream

Filtered by hair type : Straight
MAC Cosmetics Strobe Cream
Strobe CreamMAC Strobe Cream

4.1

Spring Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Distearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cholesterol, Jojoba Esters, Steareth-10, Cetyl Esters, Cetyl Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Extract, Whey Protein (Lactis Proteinum), Panthenol-Pro-Vitamin B5, Cyanocobalamin Vitamin B12, Tocopheryl Acetate, 7-Dehydrocholesterol Pro-Vitamin D3, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ceramide 2, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pyrus Malus Extract, Lactic Acid, Sucrose, Linoleic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Polyacrylamide, Laureth-7, Glycerin, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Sodium Sulfite, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Citrate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Red 4

on 10/30/2018 11:07:00 PM

Ive tried the original pinklite, goldlite and peachlite. I am c1 nc20 and peachlite is my hg favorite. Its easier to pull off than goldlite. More flattering than pinklite on me. I prefer the peachy look than purply pink sheen that the original one has. I cannot do my makeup without this as a base or mix in. My base just looks so much better with peachlite.

1)I use this mixed in with foundation for a tinted moisturizer effect.I use c2 in f&b and its a bit dark for winter so i mix half and half and its perfect match for me(i dont need to purchase both c1 and c2 i can just use this trick!). 2)It looks gorgeous under face and body also (probably not great idea for oily skin though). 3)This can go on top of my cheekbones for a natural highlight or 4)by itself on lazy days. It actually enhanced my natural blush tone. i look healthy and glowing.
[one thing is that i do avoid the forehead and my nose area while applying this because i get oily in those areas. Its super versatile like many other mac products.]

I have very dry skin due to benzyol peroxide and i get flaky sand looking cracked skin on my cheeks. I love that this makes me more hydrated, comfortable, naturally dewy and look less dull. Supposely the peachlite is to combat redness but im not sure how that would work. Anyways, i like the smell, it smells pretty and spa-like, it doesnt bother me. Its a light lotion that has a pearlescent sheen, no glitter. Very comfortable on the skin. Not heavy not greasy.

Peachlite is the way to go if you are neutral to warm undertone. Id go with pinklite if i was cool undertone, that one is beautiful too. I didnt really care for the goldlite, it was a bit much for me(peachlite looks better!) Im scared to try redlite , i feel it might look better on deeper skintone. silverlite seems like it would add a white cast on me so if you are very pale porcelain, itd look great.

on 9/21/2018 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have had two of these highlighter samples for a few years now .They last forever!
I'm not sure what color I have it in but it's a lightweight lotion suitable for most skin tones. I use it on the cheekbones for a permanent sheen and it gives off a very dewy natural look.

The formula itself is really good too.
It uses mica, mineral sunscreen agents,lactic acid and mulberry root extract to brighten the skin.
It moistened the skin with emollients such as: linoleum acid, jojoba esters, and castor oil with cholesterol as a SII and Cholesterol as a SCC to boot!

It finishes off with the AI skullcap extract and antioxidants such as green tea,panethenol, green tea,vitamin B12, vitamin c, vitamin E , and vitamin D3! Something we all need a little extra of.

The downsides to this product is that it has a strong fragrance and seems to break people out.

This is also not cruelty free or vegan.

on 5/11/2018 6:44:00 AM

Someone had recommended this as an under eye primer on the make up board. I had bought it yonkers ago- when I had great skin, sigh i.e. young skin- and didn't really know what to do with it then. Well, now I can't live without it! It really evens out my foundation and gives me a healthier look. It works great under eyes too as I feel it makes wrinkles seem less refined. I'm very happy with it and always use it before applying foundation. I apply it all over my face like I would my moisturiser as a last step, I usually skip moisturiser as my make up would slide off and give off a slight greasy appearance (but I moisturise extremely well before going to sleep, I slather on cream and a face oil) so, I only use MAC strobe during the day before make up time and it works great for my dry skin. I bought the trial size and it has lasted me for months!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I use it either as a primer-moisturizer (in between cleansing and foundation application) to make foundation look dewier, mix it with foundation to make it slightly lighter, or as a highlighter. It definitely has a pink-white tone on my NC25-30 skin.

I use this because I have it, but I prefer the Becca spotlight liquid highlighter over this for the same purposes. This is slightly oily, yet not moisturizing, and doesn't make my skin look smooth or glowy in a good way like others have described it. On my bare skin it looks dry, yet oily. It makes foundation looy patchy. (That could be related to some skin issues I'm having lately, but the Becca highlighter does not do this). Will not repurchase.

on 12/4/2017 7:51:00 PM

Good product with a light scent to mix with foundation for a lighter coverage. Good to have but not necessary in a makeup collection.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really like this! I wouldn't say it's as blinding as Cover FX but for a more natural but still bright highlight, this is the way to go!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Leaves a beautiful sheen to the skin. I use it as a primer or mixed with my foundation. Great purchase!

on 12/26/2016 6:59:00 PM

This stuff absolutely blew me away. I bought it mostly due to the hype and didn't really know what I would use it as -- a liquid highlighter? An undereye moisturizer? I ended up trying it as a makeup base and ohhhhh my gosh. Just one layer of this stuff on a clean face -- nothing else -- and my makeup stays for a full 12 hours without getting oily or needing to blot. I've never not needed to blot! It's a primer and moisturizer all in one, and perfectly luminizes the face without any shine or grease. 10/10.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Such a great makeup base, makes your skin look dewy and radiant without looking greasy and there are also no glitter in it which makes it natural on the skin. I have a normal to dry skin and it works great as a moisturiser as well, my skin is also pretty sensitive and this didn't break me out. It has a nice fresh scent that doesn't linger. Wouldn't recommend if you're looking for something that makes your makeup stay longer, it only really provides moisture and radiance.

on 12/21/2016 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Oooh, I love this stuff! I got a tiny sample with a MAC order and I use it basically every day under my foundation. It adds a glowy, fresh, dewy look to the skin -- not glittery at all. It looks fantastic with anything on top, be it powder or liquid, or even just concealer and a bit of finishing powder for a more natural look. The consistency is light and doesn't make my normal skin oily, and I have not experienced any breakouts or skin problems. In fact, I have gotten many compliments on my "glowing" skin since I added this product to my makeup routine! Of note, this product has a scent: a faint one, but it's a bit of a sickly floral that happily doesn't linger. I will definitely be purchasing this product when my sample runs out...I'll likely buy multiple travel sizes from the MAC site because the full-size is huge and expensive.