MAC Cosmetics Strobe Cream

Filtered by skin type : Oily
MAC Cosmetics Strobe Cream
Strobe CreamMAC Strobe Cream

3.6

Spring Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Distearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cholesterol, Jojoba Esters, Steareth-10, Cetyl Esters, Cetyl Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Extract, Whey Protein (Lactis Proteinum), Panthenol-Pro-Vitamin B5, Cyanocobalamin Vitamin B12, Tocopheryl Acetate, 7-Dehydrocholesterol Pro-Vitamin D3, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ceramide 2, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pyrus Malus Extract, Lactic Acid, Sucrose, Linoleic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Polyacrylamide, Laureth-7, Glycerin, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Sodium Sulfite, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Citrate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Red 4

on 1/3/2017 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

First of all, I wouldn't use this as a moisturizer. This is more of a liquid luminizer/highlighter. And it is awesome! I've layered it under foundation, mixed it with foundation, applied it on top after all my makeup, etc—all these methods create a nice glow for your face. The price may put you off, but it lasts a very long time (read: two years), since a little goes a long way.

Really dependable luminizer, and I highly recommend!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

For reference: combo/oily skin

I use this under my BB cream/foundation. I only apply to highpoints of my face(tops of cheekbones, nose bridge, brow bone and Cupid's bow).

The color is a sheer pale white shade that blends in well and leaves a nice glow after. Consistency is really nice. I purchased the travel size. Definitely would repurchase!

A possible dupe could be the L'Oréal lumi magic primer but the consistency is too watery compared to mac's strobe cream.

on 6/9/2015 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought a travel size tube of this and was sent a little mini along with it for free. I've had the mini for over a year now, maybe heading to two years, and I just finished it. I kept it in my travel makeup bag at all times. So now I have the travel size to work on and I'm sure it'll last me a long time. I LOVE the smell of this. I don't know what MAC puts in their stuff but it must be powdered angel wings and unicorn tears. I wish they made this smell in a perfume. I am oily, and very oily in the summer so I just use this under my eyes. It is very moisturizing and does seem to brighten up my eyes when I use it before I apply makeup.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I am acne prone with pitted scars. I have the worst skin until I started using lancome visionnaire CX serum with strobe cream. Thanks to MUA for the strobe cream reviews. I was lil hesitant buy I decided to buy anyways reading the reviews including Paulas choice beautypedia . strobe is not just a make up! its a moisturiser loaded with antioxidant's :). I love the texture .the glow it gives to my skin! in fact its making my skin healthier. would definitely repurchase!!!!

on 9/5/2014 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Me gusta, sencillo. Mi piel es mixta, era grasa cuando era mas jovencita, tono amarillo palido. Me parece un producto de los mejores de Mac para ser honesta, si existe calidad-precio, a mi no me da oleosidad o grasa, no tapa mis poros, tampoco los hace ver mas grandes. El efecto que da es de vitalidad e hidratacion, si se usa mucha cantidad pues si se nota mas como el shimmery look y el radiant glow pero nada mas. Pues si hay version 1 oz. y 1.7 oz., mi consejo para ahorrar dinero es comprarte dos strobe cream travel size que una strobe cream grande, pues al final gastas menos dinero, llevas 2 oz. enves de 1.7 oz. y cabe en todos lados. El tema de que si hidrata o humecta, ni una ni otra, si sientes la piel mas humeda y lozana, si tienes piel seca, pues con este amiguito no basta. Sus ingredientes en si son muy buenos pues tiene green tea, acido hialuronico, extractos naturales, etc. mas contiene Edta, paraben y phenoxyethanol, en pocas cantidades. El olor es una relacion de amor vs odio, no he podido descifrar a que huele, pues huele a Mac, se parece como a lo que huelen las barbies.

on 9/2/2014 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This would work if you have nice skin with no visible pores. For the rest who are like me with oily skin and large pores, pls do not buy this. As a moisturizer, it shows all my open pores.It even cancels out the effects of my primer.

Then instead of using it as a moisturizer, i tried mixing a dot of strobe cream into my liquid foundation. It gives a nice glow and doesn't show my open pores like crazy but it does clogs my pores! What's with all MAC face products that clogs pores?

Then i tried dabbing this on top of my make up as a highlighter (of course, I had to try many2 ways of using this since it's so expensive..) but it wears off as the day goes by. I tink Benefit's high beam works better as a highlighter.

Update: so between using it as 1. a moisturizer, 2.mixing with foundation and 3. a highlighter, I would say mixing into my foundation works best for me even tho my face looks less than flawless but it seems to make my makeup much more lasting than usual.

on 1/19/2014 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Yeah, it's great if you are older. Brings back some glow. (If you are already glowy then you might not see a difference, but if you aren't glowy - this helps!)

I really like the smell. And it is quite lingering, so that is sort of a plus.

It *feels* good when I put it on. My skin likes it.

Makes foundation go on more easily - I use it as a primer. I use half as much foundation this way.

This is the only thing I buy from MAC. I just run in and say "Strobe Cream" and then run out again. But I will continue to buy it as long as they make it.

Everything that Clarins Flash Balm says it is (but isnt).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this product a lot, I don't love it but I probably WOULD buy it again. I don't know if that makes sense... I use this product every day and I would want to continue using but it doesn't make such a huge difference to my face that I would miss it dearly if I didn't buy it again.

This cream looks very shimmery when it first comes out of the tube but it blends nicely and evenly to look like a dewy glow. I've found that if you spend a good amount of time blending it, the effect is more natural. I was surprised to find that a hydrating cream that promises to give glow hasn't exacerbated my very oily skin. (Hurrah!) I would recommend this to someone who is stuck in the same position as I am; I am oily/acne-prone and therefore like to use a very matte, full-coverage foundation but still wants that kinda natural look so by using strobe cream (obviously nowhere near the areas that I normally get oily (apples of cheeks, chin, t-zone and nose)) I feel that my face has more definition and glow to it. To combat such a matte base, I use strobe cream and bronzer to put shape back into my face.
Strobe cream on the very top of my cheek bones, cupid's bow, the tiniest smidge on the bridge of my nose and browbones. Bronzer for under cheekbones, sides of my nose and under the jawline.

Also, I put this on AFTER foundation just so it is a bit more prominent. When I used it underneath foundation, I found that the effect was lost and pointless.

The tube is efficient and clean, no germy brush on the end. The packaging works well for it's purpose as you barely need any!

I would repurchase this again but I would be open to trying similiar products from other brands. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for the same benefits as I am and who doesn't mind spending 22.50 on it, which isn't bad considering I think this will last me 6 months+.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Omg I am so upset with this product that I had to write this review! This product is absolutely horrible!! For a while I was using it and noticed a slight subtle glow that it gave but it honestly doesn't do anything that major for your skin, once you apply foundation and powder I feel like that glow slightly disappears. I bought the smaller version to use under my studio fix fluid foundation that I noticed is wayyy to dull looking and flattens my face once applied but this really didnt help much so I stopped using it for awhile. Then I decided to give it a go again today under the new lancome foundation and omg I am so mad at myself that I did. I applied this in the morning and by the end of the night I had 6 large cystic blemishes on my chin area and nose! They were so red and painful and they came out of no where! I'm really strict with skincare regimen and use peter thomas roth's acne line and haven't broken out since until today! I can't believe how bad this product clogged my pores and caused this acne after one use! I'm definitely throwing it in the trash and wouldn't recommend this at all!

on 11/20/2010 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love Strobe cream. I use only the teeniest amount and put a dot just above my lips above the cupid's bow, a blended line down the front of my nose, then I draw a line with my finger from my temple, then out and around the top of my cheekbone on either side. Takes years off you and makes you look fresh as a daisy.