MAC Cosmetics Strobe Cream

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
MAC Cosmetics Strobe Cream
Strobe CreamMAC Strobe Cream

3.8

Spring Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Distearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cholesterol, Jojoba Esters, Steareth-10, Cetyl Esters, Cetyl Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Extract, Whey Protein (Lactis Proteinum), Panthenol-Pro-Vitamin B5, Cyanocobalamin Vitamin B12, Tocopheryl Acetate, 7-Dehydrocholesterol Pro-Vitamin D3, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ceramide 2, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pyrus Malus Extract, Lactic Acid, Sucrose, Linoleic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Polyacrylamide, Laureth-7, Glycerin, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Sodium Sulfite, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Citrate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Red 4

on 12/31/2017 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This bottle has lasted me 2 years! I use a small pump of this mixed in with my foundation and it gives a lovely glow/dewy look to my skin. It is worth the money as it lasts ages, I use this 5 days a week! A little goes a long way. Definitely a classic I will buy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Leaves a beautiful sheen to the skin. I use it as a primer or mixed with my foundation. Great purchase!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The bottle is hard to get the product out of. I however love the product. It glows and is great under makeup for aging skin. Oily skin would not like this. I use it just for special occasions. I would buy again

on 9/9/2016 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got a sample of this through the MAC website and really loved how it looked and felt when i swatched it on my hand. I also read reviews from people with oily skin who tried this and worked really well for them so I decided to purchase the full-size. I tried it on my face and I simply turned into a GREASEBALL, it broke me out like crazy. While it feels and looks really nice when swatched on hands, I think this is best for drier skin so if you have oily skin then this is not for you.

on 7/29/2016 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Though this is quite expensive, it is one of the rare moisturizers that doesn't break me out! I have very oily, acne prone skin with plenty of dry spots. My skin requires moisture, and this works in conjunction with my alpha hydrox soufflé. Not too much sparkles at all, brightens my sallow complexion, and doesn't make me too oily.
Would repurchase.

on 6/10/2016 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Love!!! I use this under my mineral foundation and over my normal moisturiser. This gives me a lovely dewy look. Even in humid weather!
I've always used some kind of highlighter or blush over my foundation as powder does tend to make the face look a little flat (and sometimes too matte). Using the strobe cream under my powder takes out the flatness completely. People have commented on my glow. I'm not sure how much of that is down to eating lots of green veg and how much I can credit to the strobe cream.

No sparkles either - finally!

I'd definitely repurchase if I ran out and wasn't distracted by the next amazing highlighter/bronzer/illuminiser.

on 3/31/2016 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This product is great alone or under foundation, either way it's a great highlighter.
It smells pretty good and i think it feels and looks incredible.

It's pretty expensive but I think it's worth it, there are other highlighters similar to it and if you use too much it may cause break outs so don't put it near areas you tend to break out in (if you have any).

It lasts quite a long time and it's good quality so I'll be repurchasing it in the future.

on 12/13/2015 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Fantastic product for a luminous and dewy glow! I use this under my foundation and ugh... The glow it gives is exceptional. I mix a bit with my foundation too for a extra dewy finish - but beware and do not mix this with an already luminous foundation or you will look like a grease ball! It's good for placing on the high points of your face for highlighting, but personally I find it nicer to use a powder highlighter. The ingredients in it are amazing including green tea - an anti-oxidant. Ultimately, a holy grail favourite product that I will cherish till it's discontinued from MAC (hopefully never <3 ).

on 11/2/2015 11:46:00 AM

I use this on bad skin days (having one today)-- to totally fake the appearance of healthy skin.

For years I didn't understand this product and was really frustrated with it bc I couldn't figure out a good method of application.

I learned how to work my way around this from a Lisa E tutorial

But basically I apply moisturizer, primer, foundation.

Then on the hand I pumped the foundation out on, I pump out some strobe cream. I dip the foundation brush I used with the foundation-- like nothing is washed my hand nor the brush. The idea is to still have some of that fresh foundation product to help blend the highlight into the skin. I dab the brush into the highlight. And lightly dab and blend into cheekbones heading up into my temple and orbital bone. As Lisa E puts it- you don't want to see where the highlight begins or ends. I dab a tiny bit on Cupid's bow and down nose.

Then I conceal and set as usual.

My skin which under makeup is a dull, heinous mess--- looks just healthy and cared for. Such a simple and USEFUL Skin hack.

I love how Mac had strobe cream in $10 travel size now bc I use it so little

on 4/18/2015 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I don't see the glow or illuminating effect when mixed with foundation. Its okay, i wouldn't purchase it again as i see no difference. Its works well for sheering out heavy foundations but so would any moisturizer. It makes my foundations fade off my face faster. This does look amazing as a body moisturizer, it gives the skin a nice sheen, but its not long lasting.