MAC Cosmetics Strobe Cream

Filtered by skin type : Other
MAC Cosmetics Strobe Cream
Strobe CreamMAC Strobe Cream

4.2

Spring Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Distearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cholesterol, Jojoba Esters, Steareth-10, Cetyl Esters, Cetyl Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Extract, Whey Protein (Lactis Proteinum), Panthenol-Pro-Vitamin B5, Cyanocobalamin Vitamin B12, Tocopheryl Acetate, 7-Dehydrocholesterol Pro-Vitamin D3, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ceramide 2, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pyrus Malus Extract, Lactic Acid, Sucrose, Linoleic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Polyacrylamide, Laureth-7, Glycerin, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Sodium Sulfite, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Citrate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Red 4

on 10/4/2016 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Makes skin look healthy, pretty, and well rested, but doesn't do much for luminosity, which is what I was expecting. It also doesn't work well as a moisturizer since it's really light. Just seemed blah.

on 9/25/2016 4:57:00 AM

There is nothing specifically terrible about this product, but I found that I didn't like using it. I've had it for half a year and have only used it handful of times. It's a bit too white-ish perhaps. I like a more natural, skin tone highlighter. I guess if you're into the very contour/highlight look, this might be a product worth trying out, but if you like a more subtle, natural look, and you are not super pale – I'd skip it.

UPDATE
After seeing on Beautypedia.com that this product has a 5star rating I have now started using it as an all over face moisturizer, not a highlighter, and it gives a nice subtle glow under my foundation. I switched to the golden shade, which I like a lot better.

on 5/8/2016 3:48:00 AM

I really enjoy using this product, I like to put it on the top of my cheekbones and just under my eyebrows. It definitely makes my face look more glowing and healthy but I have a very pale complexion I think it would be most effective on darker skin, however I would re-purchase because I have so much fun putting it on. It smells like a fruity lotion and it has a soapy sort of finish in a pleasant way.

How can u go wrong w MAC?? (Nearly impossible). I googled "strobe makeup" & this kept popping up! So I went & bought it of course even though YouTube is notorious w fame whores...this was USD$33 I did not know they had a Strobe Lotion. I got the Strobe Cream! Idk what I was expecting I guess JLo in a tube (lol!) but I put it on by itself tonite w some Becca Champagne Pop Jaclyn Hill powder & it looked lovely, not glitter bomb but just "pretty" I like the idea of strobing so much better than that old contour stuff, I am going to play more w it & other products to use on my cheekbones. Like Hourglass Ambient Light, Jelly Pong, or UD Naked Illuminator. I'm avoiding the T zone coz I'm very oily which doesn't give me a lot of options on places on my face as opposed to dry skinned beauties.I'm really a novice to strobing & trust me it's way harder than it looks to do it really properly! WayneGoss had some interesting things to say abt Strobe Cream on YouTube. This is NOT the same as Loreal Magic LUMI Primer, not a good dupe imo + u pay the same price-per-ounce for LUMI if not a bit more! I'd only do Loreal if u can't get get somehow to (or order from) MAC if not humanly possible. This also doubles as an awesome botanical moisturizer coz rich in anti oxidants. ETA 2/22/18: I’ve rebought this a number of times it still remains mu A#1 strobing product it doesn’t look ridiculous on a 40aomefhjng like me. A tube lasts a good while. I buff it in with an elf round powder brush (black handle $6). This is a staple I will always have around!! Xox

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is a product I repurchase. I have oily combination skin. on dryer days this cream works very well. I don't get much use of it during summer. any other season cream works great. especially under long lasting foundation.

on 12/28/2013 9:36:00 AM

gotta love this one! the few products which i always repurchase! makes my foundation glide on my face and it gives off a really nice glow. my skin can be quite dull at times and this works great for me. i was using clarins flash balm and MAC's strobe cream win hands down. it doesnt get too oily, which i like.

on 11/3/2013 1:01:00 AM

Really pretty as a cheekbone highlight. Glowy but not glittery or shimmery at all, and a bit moisturizing but not greasy. It's kind of opal-y pink, but not super pink - I have a lot of redness in my skin so I was worried it would make that look worse but it doesn't! Only reason I wouldn't buy again is because I'm switching to natural and cruelty free products and unfortunately this doesn't fit that criteria. :\ if you plan on buying, get the 1oz travel size because it's cheaper in the end. So it's $20/2oz if you buy two 1oz bottles, or $32 for 1.7oz! Doesn't make much sense lol!

on 1/24/2013 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

A relatively new discovery, albeit a fantastic one! Sometimes I notice that my skin feels a little flat when Ive applied foundation, and felt like it needed a good boost. Strobe Cream gives my skin a nice glow, as opposed to that awful shiny disco ball look! It feels lightweight and my method of choice to mix a squeeze of it with my foundation of choice for a more radiant finish. I find that my foundation applies more smoothly and looks lovely all day long. The only downsides to it are that it has this scent that I cannot place, but my nose doesnt like it. I also think the packaging makes it very hard to squeeze the cream out.

on 10/3/2011 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

I am loving this product! No wonder I keep hearing that it's a staple in so many makeup artist's kits. I have never really used a highlighter because I find that powder highlighters have too much sparkle for my taste and age (nearing the big 4-0). I want a nice glow without the shimmer that most highlighters give. This is the perfect solution! It's sold as a moisturizer, so it has the bonus of being packed full of skin beneficial ingredients. It's a smooth cream that leaves a very slightly pink/silver sheen (not shimmer) on the skin. My skintone leans a little bit warm and the slight pink tone is no problem. This will work for all skintones, in my opinion. The sheen is believable and isn't over the top, even in direct sunlight. You won't see any glittery particles, just a soft sheen. (I was looking into getting MAC CCB in pearl, but I found that it did have small glittery particles in bright light. This is much better for me.) I do have fine lines in the eye area and for some amazing reason, this product doesn't accentuate them like other highlighters. This is just a perfect glow that adds health and life to your skin. I use a MAC 130 brush to swirl it on my cheekbones and browbone (and occasionally on my cupid's bow). I use it right after my cream products (such as moisturizer and sunscreen) and then I apply my powder products. At the very end of my makeup routine, I dab the product that's left on my brush onto the tops of my cheekbones for extra glow. It's perfect! I think my 70 year old mom might even like this and I wouldn't go near her with anything glittery. This is a must have product.

I cannot recommend this product highly enough. It is the HG of illuminators as it gives you such a fresh glow and a gorgeous sheen. It is so versatile--can be used on its own, mixed with foundation, as a primer, etc. LOVE!!