MAC Cosmetics Strobe Cream

Filtered by skin tone : Other
MAC Cosmetics Strobe Cream
Strobe CreamMAC Strobe Cream

4.3

Spring Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Distearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cholesterol, Jojoba Esters, Steareth-10, Cetyl Esters, Cetyl Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Extract, Whey Protein (Lactis Proteinum), Panthenol-Pro-Vitamin B5, Cyanocobalamin Vitamin B12, Tocopheryl Acetate, 7-Dehydrocholesterol Pro-Vitamin D3, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ceramide 2, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pyrus Malus Extract, Lactic Acid, Sucrose, Linoleic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Polyacrylamide, Laureth-7, Glycerin, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Sodium Sulfite, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Citrate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Red 4

on 9/25/2016 4:57:00 AM

There is nothing specifically terrible about this product, but I found that I didn't like using it. I've had it for half a year and have only used it handful of times. It's a bit too white-ish perhaps. I like a more natural, skin tone highlighter. I guess if you're into the very contour/highlight look, this might be a product worth trying out, but if you like a more subtle, natural look, and you are not super pale – I'd skip it.

UPDATE
After seeing on Beautypedia.com that this product has a 5star rating I have now started using it as an all over face moisturizer, not a highlighter, and it gives a nice subtle glow under my foundation. I switched to the golden shade, which I like a lot better.

on 5/8/2016 3:48:00 AM

I really enjoy using this product, I like to put it on the top of my cheekbones and just under my eyebrows. It definitely makes my face look more glowing and healthy but I have a very pale complexion I think it would be most effective on darker skin, however I would re-purchase because I have so much fun putting it on. It smells like a fruity lotion and it has a soapy sort of finish in a pleasant way.

How can u go wrong w MAC?? (Nearly impossible). I googled "strobe makeup" & this kept popping up! So I went & bought it of course even though YouTube is notorious w fame whores...this was USD$33 I did not know they had a Strobe Lotion. I got the Strobe Cream! Idk what I was expecting I guess JLo in a tube (lol!) but I put it on by itself tonite w some Becca Champagne Pop Jaclyn Hill powder & it looked lovely, not glitter bomb but just "pretty" I like the idea of strobing so much better than that old contour stuff, I am going to play more w it & other products to use on my cheekbones. Like Hourglass Ambient Light, Jelly Pong, or UD Naked Illuminator. I'm avoiding the T zone coz I'm very oily which doesn't give me a lot of options on places on my face as opposed to dry skinned beauties.I'm really a novice to strobing & trust me it's way harder than it looks to do it really properly! WayneGoss had some interesting things to say abt Strobe Cream on YouTube. This is NOT the same as Loreal Magic LUMI Primer, not a good dupe imo + u pay the same price-per-ounce for LUMI if not a bit more! I'd only do Loreal if u can't get get somehow to (or order from) MAC if not humanly possible. This also doubles as an awesome botanical moisturizer coz rich in anti oxidants. ETA 2/22/18: I’ve rebought this a number of times it still remains mu A#1 strobing product it doesn’t look ridiculous on a 40aomefhjng like me. A tube lasts a good while. I buff it in with an elf round powder brush (black handle $6). This is a staple I will always have around!! Xox

on 7/12/2015 3:30:00 PM

I am a make up artist and today i needed to buy products for the bridal make up (dry skin). The bride wanted to glow within looks, strobing style with some light contouring. This product is amazing. It has no colour, no glitter, it just gives this super healthy JLo glow. Really amazing. I have oily skin so i even tried it and gotta say i love it. It just gave this super refreshing look. Great under eye to moisturize as well. Did not breake me out. Products will last you really long time as small amount is needed. Works amazing with Mac face and body. New make up trick-use MAC bloating powder in dark as countour. So perfect!!! Super natural bridal look:)

on 6/12/2014 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I read a lot of reviews but rarely write one, however this product is fabulous! I am north of 60 and have been on a mission for several months to find the right foundation and makeup for my mature skin. As you know or will find out, as you age your makeup has to evolve as well. The old mineral makeup wasn't doing it for me and liquid foundations felt too heavy and drying. This cream serves as my moisturizer and primer for the summer (a little goes a long way) and with Too Faced Beauty Balm (BTW love this too!) over it I finally got it right! No sparkle...just a dewy, lit from within look that is natural and glowing. The ingredients are exceptional and my skin loves it. Of course the test is when you get compliments, and I haven't been disappointed there either...I will never be without this. The only way to improve it would be to add a sunscreen, but the BB cream has it so not a big deal.

on 12/28/2013 9:36:00 AM

gotta love this one! the few products which i always repurchase! makes my foundation glide on my face and it gives off a really nice glow. my skin can be quite dull at times and this works great for me. i was using clarins flash balm and MAC's strobe cream win hands down. it doesnt get too oily, which i like.

on 11/3/2013 1:01:00 AM

Really pretty as a cheekbone highlight. Glowy but not glittery or shimmery at all, and a bit moisturizing but not greasy. It's kind of opal-y pink, but not super pink - I have a lot of redness in my skin so I was worried it would make that look worse but it doesn't! Only reason I wouldn't buy again is because I'm switching to natural and cruelty free products and unfortunately this doesn't fit that criteria. :\ if you plan on buying, get the 1oz travel size because it's cheaper in the end. So it's $20/2oz if you buy two 1oz bottles, or $32 for 1.7oz! Doesn't make much sense lol!

I tested the strobe cream and liquid and I mixed them a little bit but the liquid was very shimmery and had a pink/lilac cast to it. I liked the strobe cream better, it was more luminous and glowy. When it comes to a highlighter I don't like to look shimmery, I just like a glowy shiny look when my face hits the light. Im only basing this by my test on face but I think I might compare this too "Boots no 7 High Lights Illuminating Lotion"

I have been eyeing this for a long time. I usually request a little sample pot of it along with any other MAC purchases I make so I was kept going for a little while like that anyway but finally I bit the bullet (a $28 bullet)- while this is NOT the most expensive highlighter I own, that goes to Armani Fluid Sheer- it certainly is the most skin-care centered item. Had this been ONLY face shimmer, I never would have bought it. However it is CHOCK-FULL of antioxidants and my skin feels GREAT when I wear it. So I wear it like a moisturizer, and its shimmery characteristics are a distant second. A pea-sized amount is perfect for me, so I imagine this will last at least a year with regular use...

on 5/6/2009 4:21:00 PM

Under or mixed with foundation this works for me. Over foundation, it highlights every pore and imperfection. Also why is the lid curved - it won't stand on end!