MAC Strobe Cream

MAC Strobe Cream
Strobe CreamMAC Strobe Cream

Spring Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Distearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cholesterol, Jojoba Esters, Steareth-10, Cetyl Esters, Cetyl Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Extract, Whey Protein (Lactis Proteinum), Panthenol-Pro-Vitamin B5, Cyanocobalamin Vitamin B12, Tocopheryl Acetate, 7-Dehydrocholesterol Pro-Vitamin D3, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ceramide 2, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pyrus Malus Extract, Lactic Acid, Sucrose, Linoleic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Polyacrylamide, Laureth-7, Glycerin, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Sodium Sulfite, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Citrate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Red 4

Mac STROBE CREAM is a awesome product for dry skin beauties!! It is a highlighter but can also be used as moisturiser and mix it with foundation for a dewy finish and glowy look. I strongly don't recommend this to oily skin girls, combination skin can try it before you buy this. This cream makes oily skin to produce more oil and when used as base for foundation as moisturiser, oh god it makes skin very oily like disco ball, ha ha! It makes face look dull. But for DRY skin girls it is a GREAT product to use. First it is a great moisturiser with loaded anti oxidants which is really good and beneficial for skin, it has the ingredients what skin needs daily. It has the iridescent particles which makes skin brighten and instant glow- mm only for dry skin beauties... Hope I helped a little about the product. I'm oily skin, so I won't buy this strobe cream again. I definitely recommend this to dry skin beauties out there... A good product from MAC for dry skin!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The bottle is hard to get the product out of. I however love the product. It glows and is great under makeup for aging skin. Oily skin would not like this. I use it just for special occasions. I would buy again

on 2/10/2017 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

the best moisturizer for dry skin.. makes skin look luminous . absorbs easily and great day and night!! love it. if i try something else i always go back to my strobe cream.

on 2/7/2017 9:46:00 AM

I have a few samples of this ..i wouldn't buy a full size. It does what it says but I'd rather have an illuminated powder because this wets the foundation and I'm not a fan of this.

on 2/5/2017 12:36:00 AM

i was really excited to try this when i purchased it!! i applied it as a primer and put my foundation over top and immediatly i noticed that it was making my foundation look really cakey and look like it had a really weird texture! mainly around my forehead area. i was really confused because i had seen so many people rave on about this and i was so eager to buy it, but it looked awful!! i applied it the same way i had seen on many tutorials and reviews so im sure i didnt apply it wrong. it did look decent on my cheek area, i did only use it once so i might try it again and skip out the forehead and nose. it also made my foundation seperate really badly! mainly on my nose, but as my day carried on it also seperated on my cheek area, taking away all coverage from those areas and revealing my redness. so no i would not repurchase this because for the price, it made me look awful and made my foundation not last at all.

I love this stuff! I use it with my moisturizer or mixed with my foundation or as a subtle highlight! Great multifunctional product.

on 1/31/2017 4:31:00 AM

First discovered this item on the check out counter of one of the MAC stalls at the airport and purchased the mini version.

Initially, I felt like there was nothing great with this product and I didn't quite know how to use it. I was confused on whether it was a primer, moisturizer, highlighter or what but eventually managed to find the perfect combination for it to work.

When used with a heavy foundation (ex. Estee Lauder's Double Wear), it tends to make my skin look blotchy and patchy. I find that this product works beautifully with lighter or dewier products, such as BB creams and illuminating foundations, MAC MSF Natural and MAC's Pro Longwear Concealer (as a foundation), with anything heavy coverage, it just does not seem to work for me.

Personally, I love using this under a light BB cream and a sheer dusting of my MSF Natural and then set with MAC Fix Plus - the perfect combo for that radiant, dewy, collagen filled look so popular among Korean and Japanese actresses.

One con though is that there is a tendency for it to cause some people to grease (personally this wasn't a problem for me as I am very dry skinned so the dewiness factor was a welcome change). Lastly, I would also recommend you to start with the travel sized sample of this as I don't see many people incorporating this in their daily makeup regimen as there are various other products in the market today that work better (ex. facial oils, serums, etc.), you also save more $$$ when purchasing two 30 ml bottles, rather than one 50 ml bottle that is too big to lug around in your daily makeup kit anyways.

I am giving it 4 stars because it does it's job well, however living in Asia, I've quickly discovered "local" products here that work alot better and are infinitely cheaper and are easier to incorporate in my daily beauty routine (Cucumber water sprays, I'm talking to you!).

on 1/30/2017 10:35:00 AM

Was excited to buy this after reading all the great reviews. It makes zero visible difference to my skin however. I've tried it under foundation, mixed into my foundation and gentle patted on top of my foundation and I can see nothing!! I'm the sort of gal who focuses in on minute detail and can see pores, hairs, slight freckles etc, so it's not for the want of trying, I just get nothing from this.

One benefit, it acts like a primer when I put it under foundation and my foundation stays on longer. I will use it up as a primer and never bother purchasing again.

on 1/28/2017 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Loved this product, purchased a small bottle initially to test and I loved it. The lady advised to slightly dab a small drop of the cream across your palm and press lightly across cheek bone to avoid removing any foundation. Also can be added to collar bones as well as for highlighting other facial features. Really effective and adds a great shine/brightness to the skin. Would recommend and purchase again.

i'm on my second bottle of this stuff, can I just point out the fact that it took me over a year to get through the first one, which is amazing considering how much i've used of it. I love dewy skin, and using this as a base, and even mixing it in with my foundation gives me that result. It also provides a really blend-able base for whatever foundation you're using as it just glides on perfectly. And a wee bit goes a long way, which is a definite pro.

The only thing i'd say with this strobe cream is that if you want to use this as a highlighter on top of your foundation, I would not recommend, as it can smudge your foundation and leave a mark, which is difficult to cover, and it isn't as pigmented as me personally would look for in an individual highlighter. Absolutely recommend for a base or foundation mixer.