MAC Cosmetics Strobe Cream

MAC Cosmetics Strobe Cream
Strobe CreamMAC Strobe Cream

Spring Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Distearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cholesterol, Jojoba Esters, Steareth-10, Cetyl Esters, Cetyl Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Extract, Whey Protein (Lactis Proteinum), Panthenol-Pro-Vitamin B5, Cyanocobalamin Vitamin B12, Tocopheryl Acetate, 7-Dehydrocholesterol Pro-Vitamin D3, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ceramide 2, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pyrus Malus Extract, Lactic Acid, Sucrose, Linoleic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Polyacrylamide, Laureth-7, Glycerin, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Sodium Sulfite, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Citrate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Red 4

on 6/14/2001 5:02:00 PM

Again, not one of MAC's best products. It's a cream that is supposed to make tired skin look more alive. If you have a pale complexion like I do, don't use this. Use Benefit's Moon Beam instead. The texture of the Strobe Cream leaves something to be desired as well. I felt like I was wearing clown makeup.

on 7/27/2001 2:42:00 PM

Strobe Cream was a pretty big disappointment. Its basically a pretty useless product hiding behind a kitchy idea. Its not a moisturizer and its not a highlighter. Its supposed to perk up your skin and produce a pearl glow. I saw nothing. Zip. Nada. No changes in my skin at all. And since its not even a moisturizer, what's the point of using this at all? Well, I think we all know the answer to this one. Tip: To really get a shimmery pearl effect, check out the Gleam Coat in Poly-Pearl.

on 7/31/2001 11:41:00 PM

Fun idea, but a little greasy as is the Hyper Real Foundation. Too much oil in these products!

JT

on 9/20/2001 11:53:00 PM

What a find! A tiny bit gives you a radiance that is totally believable. A definite re-buy

on 11/11/2001 12:47:00 PM

This did'nt do a whole lot except feel like a mask of thick makeup on. It did'nt have a whole lot of shimmer and felt greasy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This highlighter from MAC is supposed to impart a radiant glow to the skin. It comes in a white tube with a white almost opalescent hue to it. Looks great coming out of the tube. However, when I apply it, I don't really see it at all. Maybe it is so effective, I don't even notice it. But I don't think so. I think I will stick to Prescriptives or Benefit High Beam over this one!

on 3/12/2002 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

There are many reasons that I didn't like this product. First of all, it didn't show up on my pale skin. (I'm giving it a 2 not a 1 because maybe it will show up better on other complexions.) Second, it made my skin a bit greasy and I think that it might have caused a breakout. Third, I didn't like the smell. Overall, a disappointment.

on 3/13/2002 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

One of the few MAC products I like! It looks great on my pale skin, alone or over some foundatiogives you a nice luminous, dewy look. Looks even better on tanned skin-which I mostly have- mixed with some foundation gives you the most perfect luminous, dewy , glowing look! I absolutely love this product! Nice to highlight cheeckbones just a little- it is not meant to be a strong highlighter like some people expect! Gives you a very sexy, healthy lookink skin. Especially good for people with dull skin-lets it appear fresher! Absolutely great and definitely will buy again. Even suits my sensitive skin and gave me no brekouts.

on 8/16/2002 1:03:00 AM

Wasn't noticeable on my pale skin... also, it felt very waxy. Not worth the money.

on 11/6/2002 1:44:00 PM

This is not really a highlighter. For that purpose, there are other products that work better to give shimmer. But I use this UNDER my foundation and it really adds a nice luminescence. It comes in a largish tube, hinting that it is for brightening skin overall, like a shimmery moisturizer or base.

It looks good under incandescent and natural light, but not under fluorescent light (nothing, nothing looks good under those green ghoulish bulbs.)