Weleda Iris Facial Toner

No Image

3.3

on 12/29/2014 9:09:00 AM

I`ve bought the Japanese version of this toner, and I wonder if it`s the same as the Iris toner listed here, since my bottle says "Japan only." In any case, I`ve been using it for 2.5 weeks now and I am quite pleased with the results. I use it only in the mornings, before applying my make-up, to add a little moisture to my face. I pour a small amount and warm it in my hands, then tap it gently onto my face with my palms. This is how the Japanese instructions recommend applying it. I like the fragrance, but it might be too strong for some folks. Anyway, by this time of the year I usually have a lot of flaky dry skin patches which look horrible when I apply my foundation. I can`t use heavy creams or moisturizing primers because I break out, so I use the Iris toner instead. My skin looks great and my base applies really well. I will definitely continue using, but I give it only 4 stars because of the heavy glass packaging. On the bright side, Japan Weleda recycles the bottles and gives you points for every bottle you bring in, which you can use for discounts.

on 11/18/2011 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Thank you Weleda for fixing my ezema within a week! 5 months ago, I went to got a bottle of tea tree oil to treat mosaic warts grown around my eyes and cheeks. That caused some bad chemical burn on my face, and then very unfortunately, i got infected with ringworm and ezema. Probably because it was very hot and I'm a sweaty person. I had a rough time to get rid of them. I decided to stop using all skincares until the condition becomes stable.

Last month, I got this toner because it contains witch hazel and lemon juice. I used it with paper masks instead of a regular toner, and noticed I had some red scalely patches on my face after using this, its dry, stinging and a bit itchy. I immediately noticed that was the infected area where i had ringworm and ezema, other uninfected area was just fine. Must be the witch hazel and lemon juice that's working. I stayed home for a few days until those areas turn normal again, the skin on the infected area flaked off gradually, and healing in a week.

Now I'm fully recovered, my skin is perfectly smooth and baby-soft, no more nasty things or marks on my face. I don't know if this would be ideal as a daily tone, it could be a bit too drying for me. But I definitely would keep a bottle handy for a toner mask treatment twice a week, especially in spring and summer when the temp is high and air is humid, just to keep those nasty fungus and bacteria away from me!

Weleda, can't love you more, you are my hero!!! my saving grace!!!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Well, I didn't want to think it was the toner that did it -- but it definitely was. Bought this a few weeks ago, as I haven't been using a toner for ages. My experience with it has been... odd.

On the good side? My skin is notably brighter and more refined... where it isn't broken out. And there is the bad side. Soon after starting this, I broke out into the worst mess of painful pimples I've had in 10 years. They're all over, and they just don't want to heal. Before this, my skin had been relatively blemish-free since I switched to pure jojoba to moisturize. So much for that.

Won't be buying again. It's strange, because I do see a big improvement -- but the breakout that won't end (more keep coming, as I said, was in denial that it was the toner!) makes it totally not worth it. Oh well.

on 1/27/2011 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I've been trying to do better by my skin and have decided to use mostly natural products. After giving up Aveeno moisturizers, my face has been, dare I say it, flawless. In the market for a really good toner, I came across this toner and knew I hit the jackpot because I've heard so many good things about Weleda. I was rather shocked to see alcohol AND witch hazel as ingredients but used it anyway. Anywho, after just one use (few drops on cotton ball), my face is a complete mess...blotches, splotches, dry patches, scaling...you name it, I got it. It's been a week and my face is still horrible.

I'm not sure about this one. I guess it's a great toner, but I haven't really noticed any improvements. It is not drying my skin out, so that is a big plus. It smells nice and feels good on skin but somehow I feel something is missing but can't put my finger on what. I haven't had it for long and it's nearly running out already, so not sure how cost effective it really is.
I love the majority of Weleda products though, so was a bit disappointed not to totally adore this toner straight away!
The packaging is ok, a coloured glass bottle which I found annoying as it's hard to tell how much is left inside. Guess glass is ok if you keep it at home, but if you travel around with it you need to put it somewhere safe.

on 2/5/2008 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm undecided on this toner. Although I haven't had an adverse reaction I'm not sure if I like the amount of alcohol present. I do how ever love the packaging and find it no bother to travel with... even though it get chucked at the bottom of a bag and carted around with me every week

I love this toner...my skin has gone through a crazy period recently with plenty of cystic spots on my chin which has left me a bit depressed. I use a neutrogena milk cleanser and this afterwards, twice a day. I don't find it at all drying despite the contents of witch hazel - in fact I find it refreshing and it balances my T zone areas very nicely. This maybe because the cleanser leaves a residue which minimises the impact of the Weleda? Well, your guess is as good as mine. All I know is that it works!

The only gripe I have is with the packaging - glass bottles are not travel friendly!

Apart from that - great product.

on 5/28/2006 7:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Like with the Iris Cleansing milk, my skin definately agrees with this product. Unlike others, this toner doesn't strip or dry out my skin. It comes in the same glass bottle like the Cleansing Milk and love its fresh, clean smell. This product is perfect to go with the cleansing milk and not until I find another, even better product, I will stop using it.

Like the reviewer below says, this is an old time toner.
I like it, especially after milk cleansing, but it might be harsh if used pure on your face.
It works mush better and more gentle if you pour a little amount on a cotton pad which has been wet and squeezed.
:-)

on 3/23/2004 1:01:00 PM

I like this product but it can be quite astringent. In fact, it is your typical old time toner, with lemon and witch hazel. I only use it on days my skin is greasy or just on the T zone.
An ok product. Weleda has much better products than this one.