3.3

price range

Reviews

1.0

7 years ago

Pale, washed-out, vaguely musky floral with a nasty, shrill citrus top note.

About reviewer (572 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

EyesHazel

8 years ago

I must have odd body chemistry. This smells like candied watermelon on me. It's light and sweet. I can smell the vanilla in the base. I like this perfume a lot. This is a day scent and it would be perfect for spring and early summer.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination

HairBlack

9 years ago

Well, there are so many Bond no.9 fragrances I am madly in love with, but I think I will have to say this is my number.1 perfume. Why? Well there is quite a few reasons for that. First of all this is the FIRST niche perfume Iever smelled in my life. This was back in 2004, and I will never forget that day. That was back in the day, when I was just a crazy teenager, still in high school, and I went downtown to look for a new perfume. Back then I really only knew about designer perfumes, I wasn't really aware of that whole "niche world" yet. This was also my very first paycheck that I decided to spend on myself. I felt so grown up, I felt so independent!! Well I was going to spend up to a $100 dollars on a new perfume, but first I walked into this high-end boutique we have downtown, to look for a Juicy Couture outfit. As I walked into this gorgeous, little store, the first thing I spotted was a coffee table with some perfume bottles I've never seen before. I looked at the price tag... ohhh $200 for a 3.4oz bottle. I was like wow! this must be something... Long story short, I asked the SA why are these perfumes so expensive and she explained to me that they are very high-end and come from a very niche brand... I decided to give it a try. The very first one I sprayed on my wrist was Park Avenue. I was stunned, I was shocked! What a subtle yet gorgeous beauty Park Avenue was! It reminded me of something from my childhood, the ingredients were so subtle yet mysterious and well-blended. Now I understood what the SA meant by "high-end" and "niche". This perfume was like "angel's breath", just so gorgeous I had no words to express my love for this perfume. The I also tested a few others, and really loved Little Italy as well. These perfumes just didn't have to smell like crowd-pleasers, they didn't need any fancy bottles. They were like a gate to heaven to me. Now after years of being a "perfumista" I still think that Park Avenue is the most beautiful perfume ever created by mankind. Typically I am more of a gourmand type. I also love incense and good musk in my fragrances. Definitely not a white floral type of a girl. So far I've tried hundreds of niche perfumes now, Serge Lutens', L'Artisans and the list goes on. Why do I love my Park Avenue so much then? Because no other fragrance is as gorgeously blended, sensual, inspiring as Park Avenue is. Every time I smell it, I fall in love with it all over again. I never get bored with it, I never get tired of it. I could bathe in it every day, Each year Bond no.9 adds more beautiful fragrances into their collection. I am just praying that they will never discontinuemy old time favorites: Park Avenue, Nuits de Noho, Chinatown, Little Italy, Gramercy Park... If I just had a collection of ALL Bond no.9 perfumes, I wouldn't even need to try anything else out there! They got a perfume for every mood, for every occasion, and they all are done to perfection. Bond no.9 does it best!!

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

10 years ago

This is my favorite Bond no.9 perfume. U see my nickname:)) I tried it about 4 years ago for the first time. That was an instant hit. I sprayed it on a little paper and it reminded me of childhood soooo much! It has that subtle, specific chamomile note that smells like chamomile tea. Ummm it's beautiful. A really gorgeous, delicate fragrance and very unique. Im normally not a floral fan (unless it's rooty iris, cold violet or something like that) but this white/floral/subtle fragrance is my all time favorite!!! I just can't get enough of it and You cannot describe it, unless You try it Yourself! gorgeous!!!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

10 years ago

I think I like this one, not so sure. I think it is growing on me the more I wear it. It is light and clean, feminine fragrance. Does not seem to last as long as Broadway Night (but that is heavier).

About reviewer (46 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other, Cool

HairBlack, Curly, Coarse

1.0

11 years ago

For a cloyingly sweet floral, this perfume was at least persistent... a scrubber that refused to be scrubbed off. Park Avenue was foul on me from beginning to end.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

11 years ago

(I thought this was) One of the best Bonds I have tried so far (and the vast majority of them have been a huge disappointment). Starts off fresh and floral - to me, after the inital lemony notes I grasp a fresh rose that melts into a sweet herbal note (yes, it could very well be that chamomile tea, sweetened). I can detect some fruity notes and a hint of quality white chocolate. this could be done by the vanilla base. Then there is a fresh mint note that apprears in between, taking away the sweetness that could be cloying sometimes. It is sophisticated and smells "rich" in a gourmand way (not beign a proper gourmand scent, though) Indeed, this frag is much more complex than I had expected. Question: Does the real Park Avenue smells like that? I have been there years ago but cannot recall any of those notes nor scents, but probably this is a privilege for those living there and smelling the area, day in day out ....:o) EDIT 27/04/2009: I have taken off a lippie; after some applications, Park avenue turns out to be a loud floral, cloying and migraine inducing. A scrubber (well disguised at the beginning) and a no buy.

About reviewer (1019 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Other, Fine

EyesGreen

11 years ago

This is sort of a fresh floral trying to go in the direction of a Cartier So Pretty or Madame Rochas but not actually getting there. While I love florals they must be warm or whole. This one is sort of midway...very hard to describe. While this fragrance is marketed as fresh blossoms (which is true) with a vanilla base and a hit of chamomile, the chamomile is much more present. Vanilla is just not there. I received very generous samples of this but I will not purchase. Nothing special and definitely not worth that price tag. Instead I purchased Dia by Amouage. While more expensive, the quality of this fragrance makes it worth every penny. Notes: Mimosa, Lemon, Chamomile, Paper Whites, Rose, Musk, Ebony wood and Vanilla

About reviewer (546 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Dark, Warm

HairBrown, Relaxed, Medium

2.0

11 years ago

This is the type of fragrance I avoid (squeaky clean floral), but it actually does capture the feel and look of Park Avenue during the spring. Those who wear Chanel No 5 and other aldehydic florals might enjoy it (though No 5 is light years better than this), but it's just not my style.

About reviewer (167 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

from

12 years ago

Who knew that paperwhites and chamomile could so easily mimic the grape-pop scent so familiar to those who like (and loathe) both Poison and Mugler's Alien? That's the first impression, the olfactory Via Cruces of those who feel such aromas are a painful journey towards some inevitable fizzy and candied matyrdom. Fortunately, that journey is short, and, as expected, sweet. What appears to be violets replaces the grape, soon joined by a greenish note that leans towards linden and linden's half-green, not-quite-floral scent (this is either linden or a combination of linden and chamomile). It is here that Park Avenue borders on a solvent; a slight chemical unease drifts off the heart notes. I find that phase either distressing or pleasurable, depending on how recently I've worn Park Avenue. Familiarity in this instance does not breed contempt. The paperwhite note emerges as the dominant one on me, and it is then that one can pick out the listed components as they appear and are joined by a very subtle vanilla. Park Avenue is a bit shrill and takes its time in meeting its base. I'll put it in the same category as the Bulgari mentioned in an earlier review and also White Linen and perhaps Chanel Allure, the latter two for reasons of companion abstraction and the former because there does seem to be a strong aesthetic resemblance. A bit of legitimate floral sweetness emerges near the base, leading me to observe that while Park Avenue is a sweet fragrance, it doesn't have the sweetness of the big white-bouquet scents. It's a different sweetness that is so heavily sheared by the chamomile/solvent note that one loses track of this representing a geographic location. It smells the way Monet's Spring Flowers looks, if Monet had cleaned up the edge of an overpainted white bloom with a bit of paint thinner. Overlooking the fumes might be missing out on the greatness of Park Avenue. The scent is imbalanced, precarious, addictive, and downright weird. Or it could be that it smells like one of those enormous entryway bouquets that you suppose sits in the vestibule of a pre-war townhouse, one whose floors have just this morning been cleaned by a commercial cleaning company.

About reviewer (189 reviews)

Age44-55