2.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 years ago

Etro Lemon Sorbet Cologne was a must-stop on the journey to find the best lemon fragrance. Made in Italy, it's an upscale male/unisex cologne that, despite the name, is not sweet or gourmand. Citrus on top, a somewhat herbal middle note and supported by a woodsy bottom. Very nice and very safe. My fragrance hating husband does not detect it...he thinks I just smell clean.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

10 years ago

A pleasant lemon citrus opening, a herbal dry down - it’s a crisp, summery splash, but I doubt that even if I bathed, gargled, rinsed, sloshed, and splashed in it, and then drank the dregs, would anyone be able to smell it on me.

About reviewer (65 reviews)

Age

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairOther, Straight, Fine

1.0

11 years ago

I firmly believe that when one commits a sin it should be done passionately and lustifully so for this reason I do not like Sorbet and go for the ice cream every time. I also do not like lemons as I always associate them with misery! When I bought my last perfume which I think was Serge Lutens ( I cannot remember which one exactly as I have bought so many in the last months); I requested samples from Serge but I was told they were all out. This was very strange as I am accustomed to having 2 SL samples with each purchase. Amazingly I was told I could have as much Etro samples as I wanted. Being that this counter is always empty at the Ludwig Beck Department Store, I can imagine that they were having a "give as many Etro samples out as possible" day. What the hell, I have seen so many raves on the boards so I said I will try them even I have sampled them in the store and did not care for them. Taking samples home and trying fragrances out at your own leasure is always the right way. Why not.. I gave it a shot. Lemon Sorbet - I would consider this to be a refreshing water or using fancy French EAU FRAICHE. Please do not call this a fragrance in the traditional sense. The only perfume quality this has is the alcohol as my sample was EDT. Plainly put this is something which should be used to revive ones self when feeling faint. But for that price point, Florida Water would be a better choice and I must say it smells better. I really cannot comment about the notes as this is such a mess it is not possible. The perfume description did say I should feel a Mediterranean feeling, however I do spend lots of time in this part of the world but never felt sick. The only good thing I can say about this scent is that it has no lasting power so I was able to get rid of it quickly.

About reviewer (546 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Dark, Warm

HairBrown, Relaxed, Medium

12 years ago

I got a sample of this from a really nice saleswoman who was trying to help me with picking a nice, fresh summer scent. I can see how this is able to fullfill ones needs in that direction...but just not mine. It's a very strong, very realistic and deep citrus scent, which I really do not like. It made me feel old and sour. Quite refreshening, yes, but for me defenitely not in an uplifting way.

About reviewer (92 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

12 years ago

This is just my kind of citrus fragrance: lemony, zesty, dry, spicy with a hint of rosemary. As Racheal Ray would say on her TV show, “Yum-o!” The only thing that bothers me though about Lemon Sorbet is its woeful lack of sillage and the way it leaves my skin after 30-40 minutes. I just want to yell, “Hey, come back, Lemon Sorbet. I really liked you!” Here are Lemon Sorbet's notes, as gleaned from various perfume websites: lemon, rosemary, vetiver, bergamot, orange, lavender.

About reviewer (291 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

12 years ago

I'm with Cheri on this one... LS is a *nice* lemony scent, without any sweetness or "tang." The rosemary makes it a nice, dry, aromatic EdC worth its 7 or 8 minute life-span. If it were longer lasting, I'd be looking at my scent for some future summer... but it doesn't stick around long enough to make an impression. Sigh.

About reviewer (110 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Other

HairOther

EyesBlue

13 years ago

Immediate tart lemon (no sweet) and rosemary, but it only lasted several minutes! Wonderful concept, but needs more lasting power.

About reviewer (118 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Other

HairBrunette

15 years ago

At first sniff Etro Lemon Sorbet seems remarkably well named. Exactly like sitting outside at an Italian cafe eating a lemon gelato or sorbet. Pure, fresh lemon. However, it's so realistic that it's as if I had let the gelato sit in sweltering midday sun for a few minutes while I was distracted reading a paper and then looked down to it to find it completely melted. All gone...evaporated, vanished, what have you. The realistic lemon sorbet comparisons end there, however, since no lemon sorbet I have ever eaten has rosemary and lavender at the bottom of the cup and the one thing I did notice during the last fleeting seconds of this scent on my skin were rather distinct herbal notes.

About reviewer (577 reviews)

Age

SkinOther

HairBrown

15 years ago

Loved it wet - sparkling lemon, yum! The drydown made me start thinking about HG - unlike most posters, on me the lemon almost went away, leaving just a hint of lemon and a fresh, sweet, powdery aroma - I couldn't get my nose out of my elbow. Never smelled herbs. Then, poof, it went away after 90 minutes - for this price, they must be kidding!

About reviewer (35 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairSilver

EyesBlue

15 years ago

this one opens with a strong lemon scent, and quickly drys to a mixed herb (with rosemary dominating) scent. i can see this as someone's perfect summer scent....just not mine.

About reviewer (44 reviews)

SkinDry