Paula Dorf Pretty

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

on 1/31/2009 7:07:00 PM

Gorgeous! A mid-tone rose raspberry color. Sheer in application but deep in color with a nice shiny finish. The SPF 15 is a huge plus. It also leaves a slight flush of color on the lips after wearing off. I've always been a huge fan of Paula Dorf lip sheers. (I also have Baby Love- a more neutral MLBB.) I'd compare these to Vincent Longo Baby Balm, but the bullet on these is not as soft and it wears a bit longer. It's exactly everything a lip sheer should be. (For reference, I'm PPP with blonde hair, and it sets off my skin & eyes beautifully without being garish like most deeper lip colors on me.)

My first Paula Dorf lipstick, and surely not my last. Pretty is a gorgeous medium toned rose with no shimmer, and although it's considered a sheer, it's really not - NARS' Dolce Vita, Pretty's almost-twin, is sheerer (but that's not to say this is opaque - Pretty just has more color). DV is also a tad lighter; Pretty is deeper. While Dolce Vita glides on a little easier, Pretty is not as drying, and also lasts longer. Between the two I can't say I have a favorite, but both are great MLBB shades that share permanent purse space.

on 2/27/2005 12:17:00 PM

Aptly named. Sometimes this one is a bit too pink on me, but it's such a full, glossy, ripe color that I like to wear it for evening occasions. Makes me feel very polished and sexy. I'm terrible at describing colors so I'll try to give references. I thought this was similar to Christian Dior's Addict Ultra Shine in Shiniest Red (also a rich glossy pink) and perhaps this could be compared to Dolce Vita by NARS, only a bit pinker and one step deeper. They look similar on me, anyway. Hypothetically, I 'd repurchase, 'cuz this is not an HG for me, but it's definetly worth trying.

on 10/29/2004 11:22:00 AM

This has become my favorite lipstick in both winter and summer. I am fair skinned, but this beautiful pink brightens my face without being obnoxious. I have gotten many compliments from both men and women. I found the texture very smooth. It glides on and has just the right amount of shine.

Popular Lipsticks