MMU Cosmetics Eye Shadow[Discontinued]

No Image

4.7

on 3/20/2004 5:15:00 PM

I love MMU e/s. They're so blendable and layerable. They stay put for a very long time without creasing and they never look cakey.

I bought a 3 shadow palette in Jaded, Tight Sweater, and Sultry. I LOVE THEM!! this was my first MMU cosmetic purchase and I am thrilled. They are amazing. Incredible staying power, beautiful, easy-blending shadow.. I cannot rave enough. Jaded is my favorite. It's a beautiful smoky and iridescent emerald green. I highly recommend it for someone looking for a great green shade. I hate to say this on here since there are so many MAC fans, MAC's eye shadows are great, but these IMHO are better.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

These are great eyeshadows. Very finely milled, pigmented, BEAUTIFUL shadows. I ordered a 3 pan palette in Dancing Queen, Ballet Slipper, and Band practice. All of them are exceptional. They came in a little metal black case (very heavy duty), with a mini double ended brush. One side is a round graduated eyeshadow brush, and the other is a flat square brush (which isn't stiff enough to be used as a lip or eyeliner brush, so I use it as a crease brush even though it is not shaped like one.) The main thing that led me to try this brand is their colors (of course), but also their price. 2 grams for $9 (without a case) is so cheap(!) for such quality eyeshadows. My only niggle is that the colors on the site are NOT accurate, so BUY SAMPLES FIRST. If you need proof, check my profile for the photo I took of what I received and compare it against the sites colors. They appear more PURPLE than they do in real life. I will definitely be buying more makeup from this site in the future, and will add more photos accordingly.

on 8/13/2003 2:29:00 AM

These are great shadows. I just love the silky consistency of them and they're very blendable.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am really impressed by the quality of this line. The shadows are highly pigmented, have great staying power, and come in a nice assortment of colors. For the most part, I’d more likely choose MAC shadows over MMU, for 2 reasons: lower costs and shorter wait time. My MAC store is just around the corner – delivering instant take-home goods without the added fees for out-of-country shipping.

That said, these are high enough quality that if I really like a shade and don’t find something comparable in MAC, I’d definitely purchase the MMU one. I’ve tried about ½ dozen colors, and while all are nice, my absolute favorite is the Trilogy in “Atmosphere”. This sandy-beige/sunlit bronze/dark chocolate trio gilded with fine gold shimmer gives my baby blues a drop-dead gorgeous look – smoky, shimmery, HOT. continued >>

on 7/29/2002 3:23:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Some truly lovely colors (try Bar Lounge, Sultry, and the sadly to be discontinued Boulevard); silky, creamy feel; respectable wear! Pair them with an eyeshadow base and they're unstoppable.

on 6/26/2002 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Excellent eye shadows. Very silky texture and beautiful colors. Price is reasonable. The Petites fit in MAC 15-pan (only you have to stick a piece of magnet at the base of the pan). Will definitely purchase more!

on 1/5/2002 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have one shade-- Purr -- which is a Glimmer shadow. It's a soft pink shot through with silver microglitter. I like to layer it over Clinque Touch Base for Eyes in Petal, which is a perfect match.

on 11/8/2001 4:28:00 PM

Very smooth, fairly well-pigmented shadows with good lasting power. Not such a good deal any more with the price hikes (pricier than MAC for US customers!) and expensive shipping (and no returns). But I find the colours prettier and the quality better than MAC. I have and love Satay, a gorgeous gold-peach-melon with subtle shimmer that really brightens up my face and is quite versatile (similar to the old Bounce shade but less pink and less well-pigmented). Phone Booth, a taupey-wheat beige shimmer (no pink) that's well pigmented and a great base shade, Dragon Fly, a medium to dark warm plum-bronze (mostly plum on me, not dark enough to line), and have tried Bayou, a medium to dark reddish bronze brown shimmer, similar to MAC Bronze and Mulch, again not dark enough to line for me, but a very pretty colour. continued >>