Darphin StimulSkin Plus

3.5

Seduced by the brightening effect of a sample, I regrettably purchased this product.

On my combination skin, longer term used resulted in congestion and over-hydration.

Perhaps this product would perform well on those with dry/very dry skin (?).

I am so very underwhelmed by this product. For the extortionate price, I was expecting mild miracle results at the very least but it's very average indeed. You might as well save your money and buy any basic drugstore moisturiser.

I'm very glad I received this as a free gift - had I paid for it, I would be fuming!

I've been using this cream for about a month now and I like it better than the new Divine Lifting Cream Darphin just introduced. Stimulskin Plus is really nice. It's not thick and heavy, it actually is more like an emulsion than a cream. I'm using it day and night over the Stimulskin Plus serum. This cream leaves my skin with a velvet-matte finish which I love. My skin is glowing and smooth with no irritation or greasy feeling. I feel that this cream soaks in way better than the Divine Lifting cream. My skin's texture has improved using this cream, it must be the retinol in it. The only thing that bugs me is that a cream containing retinol should be packaged in an airtight package to protect it. Other than that, this cream is a winner in my book.

I am always cautious when it comes to night cream because most of the products in the market do not get absorbed fast enough. I hate that sticky, oily feeling. This buttery cream is effective but goes on light. My skin is dry to the touch within minutes after application. I am almost done with my first jar and my skin has stayed glowing and firm. I use this product as a daily night cream, after Stimulskin Lifting Serum.

I tried the version for dry skin (a generous sample). Texture of this cream is very nice: rich and velvety, but not heavy or greasy, and so is the feel on the skin - very pleasant. But that was all - haven't seen any results that would be worth mentioning. I was using it only as a night cream and I was disappointed every morning - I expected some signs of revitalization or at least smoother, more radiant and better moisturized skin, anything, but haven't noticed any special benefits of this cream. I would not buy the full size.

LOVE this anti-aging moisturiser as it does lift the skin and restore firmness. I apply this liberally all over face post-cleansing before bed and the next day my face is just glowing as it is just so much firmer! However, no results support the claim that it helps to diminish skin markings as claimed. Wrinkles are definitely less visible so makes the skin look alot smoother. However, although it delivers great results, this is so expensive without any special ingredients which are scientifically advanced so I will stick to Revive instead for the price.

I *LOVE* this stuff!! I normally use Arovita C but when my skin is getting dry or when I want my face to be more glowy/soft all day I use this before bed. I use my purifying cleanser to wash (love this too!) and then apply this slightly more generously. Leaves my skin soft right away, more moisturizing IMO than arovita C or the hydraskin rich. I have combo acne prone skin and this doesn't irritate it @ all. Anyway, when I wake up my face is incredibly soft, *glowy*, more even, etc.! And it's noticeable too, it's not just me, lol! My bf complimented me one day and told me my face/skin looked really great. The kicker --- all I was wearing was undereye concealer! He was very surprised (I made sure to seize the opportunity and point out to him how much of a difference moisturizer can make- he hardly wears the Korres I bought him lol). Anyway, whenever I use this @ night my skin the next morning is hydrated so much better all day (in the winter my skin becomes pretty dry in areas). Oh, and I usually use arovita C @ night, this I only use when I want to look extra good the next day (it's my mom's :))

This moisturizer would receive five lipsticks if it weren't so insanely expensive ($210 US dollars). For that reason alone, I say SKIP, unless you have the means to waste that much money on a moisturizer. Having said that, I will also write that StimulSkin Plus is one of the gentlest anti-aging products I have ever used. (Note: Because it is so gentle, I'm not sure how effective it would be on women over age 40. This is probably a better preventative cream for women in their 30s, who are just starting to think about using anti-aging creams.) It has retinol and vitamin C in it, but doesn't break out my sensitive/combo skin. In the past, I could never use products with those ingredients because they are too harsh for me. This is certainly a stand-out in several ways, but I just can't stomach the price tag (went temporarily mad when I bought it). The cream does leave you with a pretty glow after the first few days of use, but then it just becomes like any other nice, expensive cream. I have not seen really visible results yet, but this is a recent purchase, so I will update later. The scent and consistency are lovely, but the products comes in a jar with a little spoon. It would have been much better and more hygienic if Darphin manufacturers had created the product in pump form. **UPDATE** After using it for six months, I have to say this product is a snooze. Skip. I saw results during the first few weeks, but none whatsoever after that. Buy yourself and your mom a couple of cashmere scarves instead of blowing your money on StimulSkin.