3.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 months ago

Like Krikri who left a review a prior to this, I bought this foundation a while back and left it in a drawer unused. I didn’t care for liquid foundation for a while and was using powder instead, but my skin seems dry lately so I pulled this liquid and another unused one (Clinique Even Better makeup) out to see what I’ve got. I have the shade 01 VF-N, very fair neutral, and it’s pretty nice! Not too thick and masky, not too sheer, smooth texture and blends very evenly into my skin with a dabbing sponge. I mainly like it for the color, though, which seems truly neutral. I have fair, rosy (cool toned) skin, (plus some age-related rosacea/reddening around my nose and chin) and warm shades are too yellow or orangey, and cool tints are too pink on an already pink skin. I never seem to find a perfect color match, and this isn’t truly a perfect match, but it’s pretty close. This neutral shade seems actually neutral, toning down the pink without making my face look yellow or peachy. I can’t imagine why I never used this before but I’m lazy about doing makeup and if it takes longer than five minutes I can’t be bothered. But this takes no longer than a powder to apply, so it’s fine. However, I do need a good moisturizer and/or primer underneath. The other unused Clinique foundation I have, called Even Better, is also Shade 01 VF-N, but it is very warm and peachy looking on my skin compared to this one, even though they are supposedly both neutral. Interesting. You really must try these on in daylight because the shade designation is not a guarantee. This is a long ramble but maybe it will be helpful to someone who has my type of skin: cool, fair, pink, and dry in colder weather. I’m just glad I won’t have to go foundation shopping now because it’s always an ordeal, lol! Less

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairSilver, Wavy, Coarse

EyesBlue

a year ago

I love this foundation! It matches my skin perfectly! Shade 01!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlond

2.0

2 years ago

Not enough coverage. Go for Korean BB creams. Save money get more coverage

About reviewer (56 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

I bought this awhile back and it sat on my shelf ignored. Recently I retried it with wonderful success. I typically have a problem with foundation seeping into the pores on my cheeks. Initially, this seemed to be the case. When I rechecked it was resolved without my usual interventions. A great plus. The shade 08 (N) is perfect for my NW20ish face. It does look perfectly real without compromising covering slight redness and the usual culprits around the nose and the (ick) nostrils etc. I've eschewed Clinique to move on to higher end and looks like I will be a returning customer. My skin is normal to dry. This, for me, doesn't need any powdering.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination

HairRed

EyesBlue

3.0

3 years ago

Good...but do not expect too much coverage or long lasting wear.........I am going back to my Maybelline foundation which cost so much less..it did match my skin tone exactly though

About reviewer (108 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

3 years ago

My friend gave me the last of her tube to try. I really like this! It gives almost full coverage I think. I like how velvety it dries! It does sink into my laugh lines and forehead lines, but that's my fault for having wrinkles! I think any foundation would do the same.. but if any of you reviewers have a foundation that doesn't do this- tell me!! I have this in shade 30. This might not be the perfect shade, but it blends and transforms to be! It looks very natural, however it does give a polished look. I don't like wearing makeup, but I love this! It makes me feel lovely :) Looks good with a light powder over it too! This lasts almost all day for me, and has great staying power. I wish more came in the bottle, and that it was easier to get the last of the product out.

About reviewer (122 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

4 years ago

My dermatologist recommended me this foundation as a teenager I am without suffering any breakout or greasiness for acne. It has this nice texture and gives me the uniformity that I need and it works well with my powder and corrector, it is truly a really good liquid foundation for acne-prone skin though now I hardly have any acne at all.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

3.0

4 years ago

This is one of the very few foundations that doesn't break me out. I have combination skin and my t zone gets oily throughout the day. This is a pretty good foundation and the shades are the best of the Clinique foundation range. The only issue is that it only lasts about 4 hours then it starts to melt off. It's really bad if I start to sweat! It could have the potential to be amazing...

About reviewer (30 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

4 years ago

I purchased this foundation at a warehouse sale years ago. It performed really well and I went on to make 3 other purchases online on all cosmetics warehouse. Mind you, when I was first introduced to this foundation, I was not too familiar with other foundations, or finishes, or even having a thorough understanding of my undertones. Fast forward later, and I have more than 15 different brand foundations. This allows me to compare it to the higher end and lower end foundations. Now what I love about this product is the variety of colors Clinique offers in it. It is a mousse texture that allows for a medium coverage. Because I suffer Hyperpigmentation and ingrown spots on my face this foundation had rescued me from showing those areas. The only downside to this foundation is the glitter reflects in them. It's very subtle but nonetheless after having other foundations I can see the difference. I use this for everyday work and love it. I finish it to the very last drop and love that I can cut the bottle open and scrape more out when it's almost finished. After 4 bottles would I repurchase? Probably not. There are way too many other foundations available on the market that I'm curious to try. But for paying 10 bucks, it was worth it for me.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Deep Dark, Warm

HairBlack, Kinky, Coarse

4 years ago

I mix this with Clinique pore refining foundation and it literally makes me glow! I own about 12 foundations and these together are in my top 3 choices. For reference I have normal skin but pores with my age

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinNormal, Tan