LORAC Sheer Lipstick in Just Kissed

LORAC Sheer Lipstick in Just Kissed

4.4

on 8/18/2012 12:41:00 AM

I was one of those people who had been wearing Black Honey since the 80's. Now I just keep buying Just Kissed. I love the subtle vanilla flavor and the sheer but creamy red plum color. MLBB, HG, this is it for me. I tried to find something new when Sephora stopped carrying LORAC in the store, and I have found some beautiful colors that last longer on the lips. But I can't deal with any obvious perfume, and this is just my absolute favorite even though I reapply all day long.
UPDATE: I'm afraid this is on the way to being discontinued. Sephora no longer has it online, and neither does lorac.com. I did find a couple of tubes at beauty.com.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have been buying this color for a couple of years now. Unfortunately Sephora stopped carrying it. So I decided to try to find something similar. I have tried many other colors and nothing compares, so I now buy it online. I like a very natural lip color and this is the perfect tone for me. It's my lips, but better. It has very little staying power, but I really don't care. That's just kind of the deal with sheer lipsticks. I just reapply it all day, and I love it every time that I do.

on 5/23/2012 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This would be pretty darn near perfect if only it had better staying power. I love sheer berry-red lip colors, so I swapped for this and was not disappointed. ĎJust Kissedí is such a cute name for a lip color and describes this shade perfectly. It just reddens my lips the slightest bit. It is really, really sheer, and I have to swipe it on multiple times to get it to show up. But when it does, the color is natural, neutral and super-flattering. The texture is moist and balmy and applies best to bare, dry lips. It smells & tastes like vanilla. Unfortunately, I just canít get this to last more than 30 minutes to an hour on me. Its nice for a quick touch up of color throughout the day, and its foolproof so I can swipe it on without a mirror, and I never have to worry about looking overdone. This definitely has its place as a nice, natural, sheer, moist lip color, just be warned it doesnít have much pigment & doesnít last long at all. I just repurchased 2 more of these from Hautelook, because I have a feeling Iíll blow through a tube of this really quickly, though I would never consider paying full price.

on 4/15/2010 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I lem'd this for so long before I finally got it - and then it didn't show up on my lips at all. I'm NW15 and don't think my lips are particularly pigmented. Frustrating because I love the color in the tube. Tossed it after retrying many times.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Just Kissed is a sheer red plum color. In the tube it looks very dark. This is practically a tinted lipbalm with a kick. It goes on very smoothly and sheer and it feels very moisturizing on the lips. The color is very pretty and very wearable since it is so sheer. It leaves a very pretty barely there tint on the lips but it is definitely noticeable. If you want to amp it up, you can line and fill your lips with a plum lipliner and layer this over it. I would buy this shade again.

on 7/8/2009 3:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I just bought this the other day and I love it. It's been a really long time since I found a lip color that I liked. I hate dark colors and I'm not too crazy about gloss either. I like subtle, natural looking makeup even for special occasions. This lipstick gives a hint of color and you can layer it on if you want it to be more noticable. I paired it with LORAC's lip liner in 08 and it goes pretty well with it. It enhances my lips nicely. I was actually surprised that it looked good against my dark tan complexion. I love LORAC's lip colors and concealers...in my opinion, these LORAC products are better than MAC's.

on 11/1/2008 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LORAC makes the best sheer lipsticks around. I picked up one when I was in Oahu and wanted just a little bit of colour while outdoors. I fell in love with the moisturizing feel and the ability to build up exactly how much colour I wanted. The shade I bought looked very dark in the case, but it turned out to be a fresh shade of berry pink on my lips. I know LORAC has lovely matte lipsticks, but these are fabulous when you want something with a hint of colour.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love, love, love this lipcolor. Its such a favorite that I have two tubes! Its very sheer, but buildable. What I love most about it is how moisturizing it is - it leaves your mouth moist without being sticky or too wet as can be the case with some lipsticks/lipglosses. Moreover, the smell is great. It reminds me of cookies. This is definitely something I wear everyday since its so easy to swipe on at my desk or in my car and it always looks so natural. Its my HG lipcolor!

on 5/22/2008 4:00:00 PM

This is the first lipstick I've ever finished. Almost HG, would be better if it had some lasting power. It's almost like a slightly moisturizing tinted lip balm on my lips, beautiful color, MLBB, not too shiny finish. Just wish it stayed on longer. I looked at the worn down nub this morning and considered re-purchasing it this weekend, but only if I can find it discounted somewhere.

on 12/27/2007 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is definitly my no fail, go to, every day lipstick. It gives a sheer cinnamon-red tons to my lips and it feels very nourishing. It's easy to apply on the go, with no mirror- just like chapstick.

The one thing that I found wrong with it, was that it took about a full week to "break-in" this lipstick. Has anyone else had this problem? When I first got it, I was a little disappointed because it was SO sheer - it took a full week of multiple applications for it to start to show up its real color on my lips. So, If you have it, keep trying -it just gets better!

Now, like I said, its my every day, nice and easy, perfect lipstick.

Popular Lipsticks