Cle de Peau Concealer - Beige

Cle de Peau Concealer - Beige
image 1image 2image 3image 4

4.4

on 7/24/2016 8:00:00 AM

this is seriously the best concealer I've ever tried. It has a super creamy formula and the coverage is mad. and when I use it for touch up's it doesn't make my skin look cakey. the downside to this is that it's really expensive but if you can afford it, go for it!! Personally I really like almost all of cle de peau's makeup!

on 1/24/2016 9:44:00 PM

I was born with extremely dark under eye circles, and I use this concealer specifically for covering them. I am the shade I10 in their foundations, so I thought that meant I should have gotten the concealer in Ivory, but they sold me Beige stating that it's better for covering up my dark circles, and I suppose they're right. Beige is perfect, not too dark at all. It covers up my dark circles quite nicely, and though I usually still see some darkness through it, more often than not it's the fault of lighting and shadows, because the skin of the dark circles is quite sunken. It is also perfect for concealing the occasional pimple or hyper pigmentation scar, and it takes so little to cover so much. I would also like to note that this concealer lasts practically forever; I've had it for over half a year now and I've only used up about 1/6 of it! The initial investment may been steep, but cost per use is quite cost effective.

To Read all 84 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/30/2015 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

It is hard to find a concealer that does what it promises. I have tried many and used them once or twice but given them up because they left a heavy or waxy finish. I don't have dark circles under my eyes, so can get by without them, but if one is really good, then the brightening and skin tone smoothing effect is worth the effort. This is the one! I apply this and get a finish that my foundation goes over without a heavy, mask like, effect. It stays all day. It seems like it melds and becomes one with my skin. It suits my skin perfectly. A tube seems to last forever so although it seemed expensive at $85.00, it was a good value, especially when I think of all the $30-$40 ones I bought and threw away.

on 8/29/2015 11:16:00 PM

I'll start out by saying that I have extremely dark purple circles under my eyes and my eye lids are pretty red, always have been...and very thin skinned around the eye. I've always been looking for heavy duty coverage and now that I'm in my 40s I need to worry about caking in the fine lines around my eyes. If you're in my situation, even if you don't have to worry about wrinkles, I can assure you this is THE concealer for you. It totally takes away the purple and red around my eyes...I use a brush and gently dab it on my eye lids, the corners, and under the eyes. After that I use my pinky or ring finger to press it in to let it melt into my skin, very little rubbing is needed. Another amazing use of this is for concealing the tiny bits of rosacea that popped up a couple of years ago. What's great about concealing the rosacea on my cheeks with this stuff, is that it doesn't rub off when applying highlighter (Becca champagne pop) foundation (Dior flash) or blush (make up forever rouge)!!!!! That is amazing since I've always had cover up on any part of my face come off when applying additional make up. Yes, it's spendy. However I've had the same tube for YEARS. Literally. It lasts forever. Seems like I'm not even close to running out and it's probably been 3-4 years. Unsanitary maybe, but haven't noticed anything different/bad with it through the years. So over the many years this stuff lasts, it's actually cheap!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've tried everything to cover my hereditary dark circles. Nothing really worked. I had resigned myself to always looking tired. When an incredibly rude woman asked me last month what was wrong with my eyes, I decided to head to Nordstrom's.

I'm fair, so the MUA initially tried putting the lightest shade, Ivory, on me, which did nothing but turn my circles grey. She then tried Beige and my circles disappeared. First time ever.

I apply a moisturizer first, let it set, then apply my concealer with a brush. I set it with powder - right now I'm using the yellow powder from my Bobbi Brown concealer kit.

When my circles are really bad - no sleep on top of my normal condition - I use a bit of the Ocher sample that the MUA gave me to correct the darkness before applying Beige.

It's hugely expensive, but it only cost a fraction of the money I've wasted on concealers that fell short of their claims.

on 3/1/2015 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have been wanting to purchase this concealer for soooo long. For various reasons, it never happened...until last weekend. NO REGRETS. True to hype for me. The coverage is absolute with the first pass of my brush and looks natural. Stays put. Wears evenly all day. No gastly white circles, just smooth even skin, my face is a "whole" look. Not EYES and then. FACE.

UPDATE: 4/10/2015
Very much loving this concealer. Will purchase the CDP serum at some point to add moisture. I do have to make sure I am well hydrated under my eye area for this application. But, really, don't they all after require a little extra oomph after a tender age?

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can't possibly say that a concealer is worth $70 so let's skip the price and talk about the product. This is THE CONCEALER that 1. really covers dark circles, 2. doesn't collect in fine lines 3. melds into your skin. I have recessed eyes and have lost volume over the years so I have hollows more than the typical dark circles. This works best when I apply it while my eye moisturizer is still damp. I am fair/neutral (Cle de Peau B10 foundation, Nars Terra Neuve Tinted Moisturizer, Koh Gen Do 113) and I have this in beige. Seems to cancel the darkness as well as cover so you don't need a heavy layer of product. Nothing else I've tried works as well though some come close: Nars, Bare Escentuals Stroke of Light , IT Cosmetics. I am not looking for a bargain when I shop for a concealer because with the right one your whole face changes and you use less makeup overall.

on 6/20/2014 11:12:00 PM

I don't use under eye concealer so I can't speak for it's efficacy in that area. I have seb derm around my nose and that is where I use concealer. I use concealer every day to cover the redness in that area. At first I was disappointed with this because it seemed to accentuate the flakes around my nose (a symptom of seb derm). I felt like I had wasted my money. However, after a period of time using a creamier concealer I came back to this as I just wanted to use it up. It was then that I realized how much I loved this concealer. It's lasting power is incomparable and yet it feels like nothing on the skin. It blends easily and imperceptibly into the skin. The formula is a dream, you can even sheer it out to use over broader areas like a foundation. You only need the tiniest amount and I think that it actually works out that you spend less on this concealer than you realize. Also, even when I thought that I didn't like this concealer I always admired how great the packaging was--it's solid, portable, and just so easy to use. I am off to buy a second tube in ocher for the summer months although I still have at least half of my beige left--- after a year of consistent use! If you have tons of flaky skin then I don't recommend this concealer but if it's just for discoloration then I cannot recommend this highly enough.

on 5/19/2014 9:09:00 PM

CRAZY expensive but worth it! I've had mine for over a year, using it very often, and I still have a ton left. I hesitated for a long time before buying this because of the price, but I have really bad under eye circles and decided to give it a try after hearing so much about it, and I did not regret buying it. Great coverage, smooth texture, super blendable and doesn't dry out my eye area, which is already dehydrated enough as it is. Will definitely repurchase this.

on 12/27/2013 8:32:00 AM

I was so lucky this holiday season, a client who works for CDP, gave me this for free! I have used this for years, and it the only concealer I will ever buy. It totally covers my dark circles, without any dryness. I just warm up the product on my finger, and gently pat away. Beige is the pefect mach for my light to medium skin tone.