4.2

price range

Reviews

1.0

3 years ago

Okay first of all, If I could give 0 lippie - I would! This product gave me some serious 2 degree burn marks on my face. I put the Jan Marini lotion on my skin before bedtime and I felt a burning on my face, I didnt wash It off because my skinterapist said it is normal to feel that way - BIG MISTAKE! When I woke up the next morning I saw that I had got allt of burning areas on my face. All over my cheeks and jawline. My skin is so dry and the burned areas of my face is black and hard! I Went to the doctor and they said that my face would heal in abt 3-4 weeks but it may cause big scarrings because it has not only burned the top layer of the skin, it has gone down real bad... I have put alot of money and time to get help to heal... But nothing helps. The only thing I can do is wait this out... I cant belive what this product have done to my skin... I have tried this one time earlier on my skin and it worked out fine, thats way I decided to put this on every scar i wanted to lighten up... Like many rewievs, The packaging is bad. It is very hard to close the packaging so you have to put it safe so you dont spill the product, but I wish now that I would spill all the product! Sorry for my english... It is not my first language so hope I you understand my review!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Medium Brown

HairBlack

5 years ago

This is probably - along with my Jan Marini Retinol Cream - the single most important thing in my makeup bag. I have been using it for over five years. It can clear up breakouts in one day and fade the nasty red marks that used to take months to go away. (Please use sunscreen too though - that is equally important.) I have been on three rounds of Accutane - though you would hardly know that now - and have the most stubborn hormonal acne and sensitive skin. This, still, is the only thing that continues to work for me. As a bonus, it helps promote collagen production and all that awesome stuff too. If they ever stop making this, I will panic. I literally stock up every time I can. For clear skin and compliments, as a prior Accutane user, I happily re-order. Totally worth every cent.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

EyesOther

5 years ago

Ingredient: 12% AHA, 2% BHA, and 2% Azelaicacid pH 3.25 ( as at today from its Chinese website ). The website mentions : for rough patch area/ acne area/ oily t-zone. Alternate day during first week. Morning and evening. Used as needed. I got this one since 06/7 and loving it. This is serious stuff. I spot treated my chin, nose bridge ( area I saw mini white bump) at nite. most can be erased overnite. Didn't know I have to use it alternate day, so my skin broke ! On 3rd day. Stop a day and repeat. I woke up with those areas very oily ( like this gel melted those oily mini whitehead/ bump away). I didn't put on any other things on those areas thinking other skincare might affect it's pH and thus its effectiveness. This is really trial and error since everyone is different . I cannot continuous use this on my chin for more than 3 days. But ok for the forehead. Not the nose bridge. I only use this all over my face once a month , for 3 days, but spot treated those problematic areas as often as it can take. I know a guy who can use this every nite on problematic areas, sometime whole face, without problem. I have tried Neutogena 3 in 1 ( now discontinued), but that is not as effective as this one ( that has lower level of AHA /bHA I guess). Have also tried Olay regenerist serum ( AHA no BHA) but just NOT as effective as this in clearing out whitehead/ mini bumps. prada AHA (discontinued), and alpha hydrox AHA are just not as effective as clearing those oily whitehead/ mini bump. I am not sure about it's effective in clearing cystic acne cuz I cleared all mine with accutane and have not had one ( touch wood) since 04. Since it is so potent, go slowly to try out in the beginning ( every other day, once a day and more frequent and see).

About reviewer (70 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

6 years ago

I don't write many reviews but felt I had to with this product. Hands down this is the most effective product I have ever used. I have fought with adult acne and bumpy skin for years - trying every product out there from Rx's to over the counter. Its been incredibly frustrating for me and my Dermatologist. If I did find something that kind of worked (Retin A), sadly my skin grew accustomed to it and it was no longer effective a couple months after. This has not been the case with Jan Marini's Bioglycolic Lotion. It has completely transformed my skin and Ive been using it for over 4 months and so far no sign of it not being effective on my skin. No more breakouts and its fading acne scars and discolorations on my face. My under skin small bumps are gone too - AMAZING! My skin is alot less oily each day too. I use it in conjunction with the Bioglycolic Cleanser. My teenage daughter is using it too and its cleared up her breakouts and fading her discolorations as well. Its my HG treatment for sure!

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

EyesHazel

1.0

8 years ago

OUCH! I've used other Jan Marini Bioglycolic products before. I've used many, many other glycolic acid products before. This is the only product that has made my skin actually hurt. Not just sting for a minute, but it hurts when going on and hurts for a long time after as well. The package says to use once a day for a week then increase to twice a day. Once a day was making me hurt so I only used it once every other day. After 2 weeks of once every other day and pain I stopped using it all over and now only use it on my forehead just to see if this thing has any advantages. It doesn't. None. Nothing at all except pain. It makes my skin feel like sand paper after. It dries to a cloudy film and stays like that until you wash it off. And it is not a lotion, it's a cloudy liquid that shoots out of the dispenser that ends up on the wall if you do not cup your hand over the dispenser. The liquid consistency makes it hard to control so it's very easy to accidentally get it too close to your lips and if you do...........it will tear your lips apart. Not just chapped, but breaks skin and makes your lips bleed. I mean even is you get it on your chin it will travel up to your lips. Also do NOT get it anywhere your neck. It will cut your neck as well. This product has landed in my top 5 worst products of all time list. It feels terrible going on. It feels terrible after. It has no results except pain. The fact that it is a liquid and not a lotion makes it hard to control and why do they even advertise it as a lotion? It's expensive for what it is. I can get a superior product in other brands for less money, like Alpha Hydrox, Aqua Glycolic and Paula's Choice brands. Awful product.

About reviewer (42 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

8 years ago

I love this along with the c-esta serum. It is not like bioclear-- that stuff is too much on my skin and makes my skin wig out and even will cause me to have flare ups because my skin is too sensitive for ibioclear but the "plain" :) bioglycolic lotion really makes my skin even and soft. I have been using it for years.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age

SkinCombination

9 years ago

This product is AMAZING for acne/roseacea type skin! I have never had skin that is so soft and virtually acne free! This is a must have for those ladies with roseacea!

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

10 years ago

I've been using this along with the Jan Marini Bioglycolic cleanser and my face that was previously ravaged by acne after going off birth control, is now clear and happy. This product seems to be helping my hyperpigmentation left over from previous acne. I started out just using it every other night. It stings at first, and your skin needs to build up to it, otherwise it can become irriated - peel and break out more. Just start slow. I love this and will definitely repurchase as long as it treats me well! Also, I should mention - the name lotion is kind of false advertising. This is very liquidy, which can waste some product. The packaging has a pump, but with how runny it is, it seeps through my fingers. Now that I'm used to it, it's fine, but it totally was not what I was expecting. At first I thought I didn't shake the bottle enough or something. But hey! I don't care what form it comes in as long as it works!

About reviewer (67 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

3.0

10 years ago

This review is for the non SPF version. I wish MUA's could have been informative about the consistency of this- it essentially an off white liquid. When I purchased I had presumed that this would be like a traditional creamy lotion so I was taken aback that it was more serum-ish. Having discovered this it suddenly made sense why they listed that this can be used with any topical lotions or moisturisers as it doenst behave as such on its own. Intially i found it quite drying when applied all over but I may have overdone it a bit at first because my face felt quite tight in the cheeks the next day and i thought it might peel. However after using it once every couple of days or so and now recently with Hydro Silk moisturiser on top, my face feels better.I use this at night. My skin is tough as i feel virtually no sting when i apply this to my face. I cant say that this is some miracle worker for existing spots but it does leave unaffected areas of skin really smooth. I cant really tell what this can do on its own so far though as i use it alongside the Biogylcolic cleanser. Not impressed by how pricey JM products are- i paid £38 for this and but i've seen it for up to £45. Needless to say I use this very sparingly. I'm also not a fan of the rather cheap pump lid which can get tight and fiddly but the glass bottle is fine as you can see the amount remaining. Its debabateable whether i'll buy this again, think i'll give its some more time as its only been about 1 week EDIT NOV 2010: I'm nearing the end of my bottle of this. As a little goes a long way money-wise i guess it wasnt too bad in the long run. However it really isn't a miracle product for the prevention of spots/marks etc i still get them regularly. All i will say it i think it helped with the speeding up healing process a little and smoothed my skin overall, that's about it.I don't plan on repurchasing, might move on to SkinCeuticals ....

About reviewer (82 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Dark, Warm

HairBrown, Kinky, Other

12 years ago

What a refreshing ingredient list -- nothing but Deionized Water, Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Glycolate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Comfrey, Indian Plantain, Vegetable Hydrolysate, Amino Acids, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben True, there are parabens. But the first four ingredients are water, glycolic, more glycolic and hyaluronic acid. I don't know the actual percentage of glycolic but I'd imagine it's rather high considering the place o the ingredient list and the fact that it stings my extremely resistant skin (just a bit, and only for the first few seconds). The hyaluronic is good for adding a bit of moisture, and the glycolic is an effective, wonderful skin-clearer. This product is expensive, $45 for only two ounces, but the ingredients are of such high quality that I believe it's worth it. This review is for the Bioglycolic Facial Lotion without SPF. It comes in a glass bottle with a recloseable pump top.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair