3.6

Reviews

2.0
from

2 years ago

This actually felt like it was burning my lips and it tastes a bit like Nivea lotion. Otherwise, the texture was decent. It was more waxy than slippery and seems like it would be a good base for lipstick. Due to the burning sensation and taste, needless to say, I would not repurchase. It went into the garbage after one use. The burning sensation made me nervous to even try it on my cuticles as an alternative way to not let it go to waste.

About reviewer (57 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

1.0

2 years ago

The Cocoa Butter Lipcare Stick from The Body Shop USED to be my HG lip product and I am actually furious that it is discontinued. I decided to try this Vitamin E stick as a possible replacement. I hate it. It has a sickly medicine-y smell and goes on feeling filmy and strange. Even though it is a lipbalm it is not moisturizing in the least bit, felt drying on my lips, actually. Although the spf is a nice touch, for some reason The Body Shop added some minty stuff in there that really hurts and irritates my lips. I am posting this review here because it was "rejected" by the Body Shop and they would not post it on their website.

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

3.0

2 years ago

An okay lip balm. I bought it because I figured Vitamin E line doesn't have a strong scent (I utterly hate lip products with perfume), and the scent is tolerable but present - smells kind of like rosehip syrup. The ingredients are ok and the texture is rich, but the product just sits on top of my lips. That's the issue with all solid natural lip products I tried (sigh). The packaging is your average stick. SPF is nice to have. I won't repurchase.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

3 years ago

Great little lip balm - one of my favourites.

About reviewer (41 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

3.0

4 years ago

I love this lip balm, it's great for every day use and to have few lying around the house. I found it moisturising enough, perhaps not my first choice for extreme situations, but I have no hesitation to purchase it over and over again.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

4 years ago

I love this lip balm it's my HG. Cute packaging light vanilla sort of scent. Bit on the expensive side but in my opinion it's worth it. Quiet a thick balm and doesn't sink into the lips quickly so I put it on at night and wake up with soft lips. My lips changed colour after regular use they look more pink and they are never chapped anymore always moisturized. My lips get dry in the winter but most of the time they are okay. Would recommend for people with normal lips who get the occasional dry spell.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBlack

2.0

4 years ago

It's an alright product if you're using it day and night but when my lips were dry this did absolutely nothing to help them and for the price you're better off buying burts bees or blistex. Will not be repurchasing.

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Coarse

4 years ago

My holy grail lip balm! I have extremely sensitive lips and this as well as nivea hydro-care is the only thing that my lips don't freak out at. I've tried various lip products like chapstick, carmex, burt's bees etc but they all end up making my lips worse then what they were. I only need to apply this 2/3 times a day so i apply this before bed every night and wake up to full & soft lips in the morning. The downside however is that the smell isn't exactly a nice one and it can feel a bit thick if you overapply. The packaging though is soo cute and the paper has some silk like waterproof texture which i can't stop fidgeting with!! Pros: - Vitamin E to fight against skin cell damage, protects lips from sun damage & repairs it - Not addicting, don't need to reapply often - Great for overly sensitive lips Cons: - bland smell

About reviewer (4 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

4 years ago

I've suffered from dry lips for as far as I can remember. I tried many products. I was even hooked on Carmex lip balms for some years (those really get your skin addicted). This balm, on the other hand, doesn't do addiction. It just moisturizes. Compared to other balms, this one really goes a long way, the lips stay silky long after the product is absorbed (so 2/3 applications a day is enough). Only downside is the smell isn't great and the taste is a bit chemical. I kept repurchasing this ever since I discovered it.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesHazel

5 years ago

I have tried various lip balms before and only this one worked extremely well for me! I have incredibly dry skin and have always been in search for the perfect fit for my constant drought going around on my lips. Baby Lips, Carmex, Burt's Bees, etc. have done nothing but worse cracks on my lips. This product seals in moisture and won't dry out your lips into flakes unlike other products do after some time. It nourishes the skin and makes it easy for you to exfoliate by midday or the end of the day. What I normally do is to apply the product right before I do my make up, and right before I go to bed at night. It worked wonders to my perpetually dry lips. Highly recommended.

SkinDry, Fair