Dior Hypnotic Poison

Filtered by skin tone : Medium Brown

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

This fragrance took me several tries to appreciate. An initial sniff a few years back proved too powdery or coconutty for my tastes. After becoming more serious about building my perfume collection, I noticed Hypnotic Poison was often referenced as a vanilla classic, gourmand without being cloying. I gave it another shot at Sephora and once again, I was distracted by certain notes. I happen to hate tuberose and this scent does have a prominent tuberose facet. Oddly enough, my SO totally loved the scent on me and so I started wearing it more consistently. I was perusing reviews and saw on fragrantica that some find this to smell like root beer. Intrigued, I sprayed, sniffed, and realized that indeed it did give a root beer effect. I do not know why, but this fact made me like the scent more. I think it allowed me to pick up on more of the spicy, sexy qualities of the scent. I know that is a bizarre and largely psychological explanation as to why I now enjoy Hypnotic Poison but it is the truth. On my skin chemistry, I get plenty of coconut and jasmine with more vanilla and apricot in the drydown. Excellent lasting power and good sillage and I cannot resist a bottle in my favorite colors. I foresee this being in my collection for years to come.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I love the way this smells! Sweeter than all the other poisons, with an after smell that reminds me of baby powder, I love it!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I LOVE Hypnotic Poison! It is my absolute favorite fragrance of all time. Wearing it has brought me more compliments than any other fragrance. There is one problem: the spray and lotion make me break out. Has anyone else had this difficulty? I've tried to find another fragrance that has the same impact, with no success. I thought I'd found a replacement in Bath and Body Works Romance. It has a similar aroma, but it fades very quickly. I've even tried the Hypnotic Poison body lotion (tube), with the same results. If you know of another (very similar) fragrance, mention it and I'll give it a try. I would buy it again, but wear it very sparingly, just because I'm so desperate for the smell!

Popular Fragrances