Dior Hypnotic Poison

Filtered by skin tone : Dark

3.4

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

I agree with lily, below. I tried this due to all the hype recently. While I like the root beer float middle stage, it dries down and opens up way too intensively and gets right in your nose and throat in a very unpleasant way.Like all the poisions, it always seems to border on a try-too-hard, femme fatale, tip.

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I smelled this on someone at a concert and when I asked her what it was, bless her heart (unlike me, who wants to keep all of her fragrances a secret), she was honest in telling me what it was! It smelled wonderfully comforting and absolutely devine. I happily inhaled that fragrance deeply throughout the entire concert. After having promised myself that I had way too many fragrances and was not going to buy anymore, I just had to break down and get a bottle of this. I have over 150+ fragrances (none of them cheap), and this is the only one that my husband actually commented on in a positive way. I smell the vanilla, sandalwood and the musk in this. At first spray, it reminds me of Play Dough, but the drydown is OMG, so sexy. I feel like a vixen when I wear it. Long lasting for an edt. Spray in the morning and it is still going strong in the evening. Never thought I would like any Dior fragrance as much as vintage Miss Dior, but WOW...this is the bomb!! Love the "rotten apple" bottle too.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I really like this perfume. It's mouthwatering, in a non-food way, if that makes sense. It's definitely not a work scent, and not for a wallflower. It's so alluring, and has such depth when you catch just a hint of it. When I smell it, I think of a winter night at the opera. All the furs and velvet, the warmth and closeness, and the old, classic elegance.
I really have no idea what notes and drydowns and such are. But it must work well with my body chemistry. Every time I wear it I get compliments.
Be careful when you're applying it though. A little goes a long way, and if you're heavy handed with the spritzes, everyone will be gagging. Plus it just seems like one of those intimate scents where not everyone's meant to smell it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

A friend of mine sprayed this on me and I fell in love with it.. It made me feel sexy and womanly and I rushed out to get it... Anytime I wear this fragrance, I feel sexy and confident.... It smells exotic and mysterious.... I may repurchase in the future...

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I'm usually a big fan of Dior perfumes. I love J'adore and Addict 2. This perfume is disgusting. I mean seriously horrid smelling. At first sniff you get a superstrong vanilla scent. I have never smelled vanilla like this before. It smelled like vanilla extract with a major alcohol content. Then the musks start kicking in but nothing can overpower that alcoholic vanilla. The only saving grace as far as I'm concerned is the lasting power. The one spray that I applied to my wrist lasted nine hours, two miles on a treadmill, twenty laps in the pool, and a shower.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I love this Perfume!! This fragrance is very Seductive and Passionate!! I wear this for the "intimate bedroom moments" and My Guy just goes crazy and attacks me with this on. When I say this is, Sexy Seductive, I mean it. If you are looking for an intoxicating bedroom perfume, this is it!! of course you can wear it at any other time, but this will really bring out the sexiness of a lover!

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

Be prepared to make a commitment with this fragrance if you try it on. I tried it a few times years ago because it got rave reviews. At first scent, it smells GREAT to me. Sexy, unique. Within a few minutes however it becomes extremely cloying and the scent starts to feel like an entity that is stalking me and won't go away. lol I happened past the Dior fragrance counter again yesterday and decided to spray some on since it had been years since I smelled it. I aimed for the collar of my coat and accidentally sprayed only the tiniest amount. I almost reapplied since it was such a tiny barely-there spritz but just let it go expecting that I wouldn't smell anything at all. After a few minutes I began to smell it. It smelled really nice. I could imagine a guy giving a woman wearing this a second glance and thinking she was hot just by her perfume alone. Then a few minutes later, I started to become annoyed by the smell. Then I felt embarrassed like the way I feel when I accidentally wear too much perfume (and this was only a tiny spritz mind you). Then I felt headachy.

When I got home I left my clothes at the front door and took a shower. However the smell from the clothing wafted through the front of my small-ish but not tiny apartment. I'm now sitting in the bedroom the next afternoon with the bedroom door open and can smell the perfume on the clothes sitting by the front door. And it's cloying and sickly sweet. I have to do laundry now and put the clothes in for a long soak.

It's probably nice as a passing scent, e.g. on someone that breezed by you for a second as they were walking by. This perfume probably works for people who like strong sweet scents. However be warned, if you're with a group of people, it is very likely that at least one person around you will have some kind of negative reaction (headache, nauseous, lightheaded, etc) to this fragrance.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Top: Bitter Almond, Caraway
Heart: Sambac Jasmine, Moss
Base: Jacarander Wood, Vanilla, Musk

Resampling Dior Hypnotic Poison on this bright but chilly day and am rather surprised at what I am smelling here. Instead of the cloying woody gourmand floral mess I remember from past samplings, I am getting a rather pleasant, unremarkable watered down sweet men's cologne!!!

Reminds me a bit of Givenchy Pi (nowhere near as toothachingly sweet), JPG Le Male, YSL Body Kouros and the final drydown of Bulgari Black.

Where is the suffocating sambac Jasmine and the sickly gourmand almond over headache inducing, cheap sickly vanilla musk??

There is none of that here only the softly sensual scent of a sweet man's cologne at the end of the day.

A pleasant revisiting but (on my chemistry at least) still not worth the hype.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I went into Ulta to sample and at first squirt of this I get that artificial rootbeer smell as I'm sure many others do. Anyway as I'm in the car on the way home I kept thinking something smells really really good. I smell my arm again and the scent has morphed into this wonderfully delicious vanilla-almond gourmound smelling fragrance. I almost hated to have to take a shower to wash it off, all I kept doing was smelling my arm for the rest of the night. So I know that this scent is at the top of my list to buy next!

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This smelled awesome on the Sephora card, but I do not like it on me, and I've tried to time and time again. It is too heavy and creamy on me-I smell too "old". It is a smoky scent- I smell cherries, although that is not a note. Swapping.

Popular Fragrances