Dior Hypnotic Poison

Filtered by skin tone : Tan

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This is my latest HG everyday fragrance. I work at a medical office, so wearing a powerful, overbearing scent is a no-no. Hypnotic Poison is very soft, warm, and friendly.

When I first sprayed this, I smelled root beer. I like root beer but I don't necessarily want to smell like it. But then, after the dry down, I couldn't get enough of that enticing vanilla scent. Vanilla fragrances are my go-to because they just work the best with my chemistry. This one is a grown-up vanilla, though- a sexier vanilla.

I agree with the other reviewers that this is a boyfriend-friendly fragrance. It won't give you that headache that some other scents will when you get too close to it. It's a good scent to wear when snuggling :)

Hypnotic Poison is very easy to wear, so I'd recommend it to anyone who likes vanilla notes in their perfume. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because it doesn't last all day, so I have to re-spray.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hypnotic Poison is smooth, dark, rich, slick, and suave, like a very charming guy whom you discover is really a jerk. I like it (the fragrance, not that sort of dude). It reminds me of cola spiked with brandy next to a dish of steaming, creamy vanilla pudding thickened with almond paste. Yes, there is a slight sweetish Play Dough note due to the vanilla or bitter almonds, but the lush, almost wet, jasmine does a good job taking the edge off this unintentional plastic accord. HP smells like dessert and drinks, though it evokes the long subsequent hours between the sheetsthe aftermath of the digestif. This is what I hoped BBW Warm Vanilla Sugar would smell like. HP is the scent of the girl who plays along with the player and then enchants his best friend a few days later, the scent of the evil-eyed, smirking Snow Queen who has a powerful narcotic flowing through her veins. I think once I finish my sample, a full bottle is in my future. I subtracted one point because HP has mediocre staying power for me, especially given how pricy the juice is, but to be fair, my skin devours perfume. The only EDT concentration I find that lasts is Light Blue, so I have to wait until the rumored EDP of HP is released in America. Notes: coconut, bitter almond, caraway, jasmine sambac, tuberose, cinnamon, moss, jacarander wood, vanilla, musk.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I had a friend who wore this daily- made my son almost get an asthma attack he couldn't be around her...Sets off a migraine/sinus headache with me!
Horrible scent! Truly smells like bug spray....ANT POISON....sickly sweet and heavy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This is a lovely perfume, oriental vanilla sweet and creamy. It does smell like rootbeer float in a sophisticated way to me if you know what I mean. The longevity is good even for the edt. It probably not for everyone but if you like yummy oriental vanilla perfume, you should check this one out!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

if you left vanilla bean inside an empty wooden cabinet for a 2days, when you open the cabinet after those 2 days, what you will smell is hypnotic poison. HP is simply wood dipped in vanilla flavored water. . and for some reason HP makes my throat feel parched ..HP has a dryness to it that i dont like.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been wearing Hypnotic Poison on-and-off for about eight years. This is the one perfume that has stayed in my collection and rotation for one reason - it smells amazing.

To me, Hypnotic Poison smells like spicy vanilla. Even though it's very vanilla-y, it's not an immature or overpowering vanilla. It's very sophisticated and warm. Despite it being more on the warm side, it is definitely wearable in the spring and summer months. The scent also lasts and lasts. As much as I adore Hypnotic Poison, it's one of those perfumes that I only reach for once in a blue moon mainly because I have a collection of perfumes that I like to rotate so I don't get bored. Even though I only wear this occasionally, I still get compliments on it. Considering I'm on my second bottle, I would likely buy this again because, for me, this is just a classic scent.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Would definitely repurchase this product, even though I'm looking forward for another chance of getting it tax-free since it is pretty expensive for a student budget (wouldnt really call it overpriced). It smells really elegant, and it makes me feel dressed up even though i normally wear t-shirt. I dont like strong perfumes and this is not considered as one, ive received quite a lot of compliments wearing this. lasts throughout the entire day. and even months on the same scarf that hasnt been washed for ages :P

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

The other day I sprayed on Pure Poison and loved it but saw reviews that said this one was much better..WRONG-O! This is absolutely horrible, made me literally sick to my stomach! I think I washed my hand, where I'd sprayed it on, least a dozen times but still smelled it until I finally washed it with some tub cleaner that finally knocked out the ODOR! Do not buy this unsprayed because apparently it had a bad reaction on ME! UGH!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is a vanilla, with a hint of licorice or root beer. It smells sweet, but still has that vanilla sweet musk fragrance. I usually wear vanilla fields, amber romance by Victoria's secret, or sensual amber from bath and body works.

If you love the way vanilla smells, or like sweeter musk, then you'll enjoy this. This truly is a grown up vanilla, and doesn't smell gourmet. Although it does have a licorice smelling top note, it still doesn't smell like food, just sweet, musky, and sexy. I smoke cigarettes, and it's strong enough that non smokers ask me my perfume so it's strong enough to cover smoke, but light enough that it doesn't knock people down.

again, if you enjoy vanillas that don't smell like a bakery, you'll love this perfume.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hypnotic Poison smells like vanilla, licorice and root beer, if you want to smell like those things, this perfume is for you. The staying power of this perfume is phenomenal, the best I have ever tried. I wore this perfume once on my shirt and left my shirt over at my boyfriends and didnt get to washing it for about a week later and I could still smell the perfume on the shirt. I would recommend this perfume during the winter and fall months only because it would smother someone during the summer months. This hypnotic poison just wasnt for me.

Popular Fragrances