Dior Hypnotic Poison

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel

3.9

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love, love, love. I have adored many fragrances in my life, but this may be my favorite of them all. It is a yummy vanilla scent.... but in a totally sexy, deep, spicy, and intoxicating kind of way... not at all juvenile or cheap smelling (like so many vanilla scents out there). I don't think I could ever grow tired of this masterpiece.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

It's my all time favorite. I love it. A perfect vanilla fragrance , especially for fall/winter. It is sweet ,warm and sexy.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I don't get the constant hype for the whole poison line, I really don't. It's all cloying to the max, overly sweet and synthetic and totally one dimensional and cheap smelling - for me personally nauseating and instantly causing severe headaches.
And apart from that, at least in Germany, everybody and her mum are wearing this, and to put it in mild and friendly words, mostly the younger and older tacky "girls" - they seem to adore this. Totally irritating and an interesting thought why this line is so successful...

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I've always steered clear from the Poison line because I associate it with a very heady type of fragrance. Not my cup of tea, or so I thought....

I dislike vanilla in a fragrance, and oriental fragrances, period. Just doesn't work with my body chemistry. While at Sephora during this past winter, I spritzed on HP out of curiosity. Never in a million years did I think an oriental, vanilla would stop me in my tracks.....in a good way! The vanilla doesn't morph on my skin into a giant bottle of vanilla extract, and there's another distinct smell; however, cannot place it for anything. All I know is it doesn't smell like a lot of fragrances on the market today. People say they smell almonds, or almond cookies, but I don't smell almonds. However, do smell sandalwood, a creamy vanilla and spicy caraway. When people write they smell play-doh, I have to laugh. There is a slight play-doh smell, but trust me, HP smells a lot better than play-doh.

I first wore this during the winter with jeans, turtleneck and boots. What a perfect fragrance to wear. When spring arrived, tucked my sample away. Couldn't fathom wearing this during spring and summer. Well, one day I just had to wear this during a hot summer day to see if it would be suitable. Oh my.....the warm sweetness of HP is perfect for summer. As a matter of fact, do prefer wearing it in summer over winter.

Never thought I would have a bottle shaped like a red apple on my vanity. Do think it adds a certain charm.

HP isn't a fragrance I wear every day, it's a fragrance I wear when I need a break from my usual florals and fruity/florals, and it delivers!

If you're looking for a non-cloying, rich and heady, spicy vanilla, recommend testing HP.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is my signature fragrance, I've went through a bottle a year since discovering it in 2001. I love it so much, but it has been reformulated. It is not as strong or as sexy as it used to be. I try to find bottles without the gold ring around the top, but I'm starting to want a new signature fragrance. This is also a perfume that will get you noticed and you will receive compliments, but if you tell people what you are wearing, they will go out and buy it. I hate that really, it just kills the special quality you have with the perfume. Also this is a try before you buy perfume. It's very sweet, almost smells like root beer with tonka beans, vanilla, jasmine & spices. I just adore it so much, and I wear it year round too.

So my advice is to buy the older version and don't tell anyone what it is!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

This is my go-to fall/winter perfume. I got a sample of it years ago and have been wearing it ever since. It is a very sexy, warm scent which I typically prefer and it has a definite note of vanilla. It has great lasting power and layered with the body lotion it smells great all day. Definitely one of my favorites!

Also Cashmere Glow from Bath and Body Works smells VERY similar to this!

When i first smelt poison i liked the creamy sweetness but never actually purchase it, i since then went on to other perfumes, but occasionally would go back to it and sample it feeling it felt "too grown up " for me, finally after about year or so i tried it again on my skin and loved it! why hadn't i bought this sooner! Its like an almond/vanilla cookie/cake or shortbread dipped in an expensive wine, very creamy and milky, sweet but not overly sweet like teenager scents, makes me feel special, and has a very unique smell to it very individual, like that fact that it doesn't seem to be what everyone is wearing feels like my own individual scent ( if that makes sense) doesn't have loads of clashing elements i find with other perfumes i can just define its sweet creamy almond smell, dries down to a more powdery milky vanilla, feel sexy when wearing this. Love the bottle stands out from rest. Lovely color to it also.
going to purchase the 100 ml next time! last about 4/5 hours on me and stays longer on clothes :)

I absolutely love this scent on me. It's got more of a winter/nighttime quality to it but I wear it all the time. Its name is incredibly accurate as the smell is truly mesmerizing. I'm so in love with the sandalwood base notes mixed with oriental vanilla. Smells much more expensive than the actual cost (about &80 at Sephora). I will DEFINITELY be buying this again.

A classic

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

too sweet from my taste but a nice smell

Popular Fragrances