Dior Hypnotic Poison

Filtered by eye Color : Black

3.7

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This is my latest HG everyday fragrance. I work at a medical office, so wearing a powerful, overbearing scent is a no-no. Hypnotic Poison is very soft, warm, and friendly.

When I first sprayed this, I smelled root beer. I like root beer but I don't necessarily want to smell like it. But then, after the dry down, I couldn't get enough of that enticing vanilla scent. Vanilla fragrances are my go-to because they just work the best with my chemistry. This one is a grown-up vanilla, though- a sexier vanilla.

I agree with the other reviewers that this is a boyfriend-friendly fragrance. It won't give you that headache that some other scents will when you get too close to it. It's a good scent to wear when snuggling :)

Hypnotic Poison is very easy to wear, so I'd recommend it to anyone who likes vanilla notes in their perfume. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because it doesn't last all day, so I have to re-spray.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I didn't buy this, but I tested it out in the store, and it smells exactly like Play Doh. Not a very sexy, sweet, or mysterious scent. If you want this smell, just rub Playdoh on your wrists, you will smell the same lol.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

if you left vanilla bean inside an empty wooden cabinet for a 2days, when you open the cabinet after those 2 days, what you will smell is hypnotic poison. HP is simply wood dipped in vanilla flavored water. . and for some reason HP makes my throat feel parched ..HP has a dryness to it that i dont like.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Would definitely repurchase this product, even though I'm looking forward for another chance of getting it tax-free since it is pretty expensive for a student budget (wouldnt really call it overpriced). It smells really elegant, and it makes me feel dressed up even though i normally wear t-shirt. I dont like strong perfumes and this is not considered as one, ive received quite a lot of compliments wearing this. lasts throughout the entire day. and even months on the same scarf that hasnt been washed for ages :P

I was getting sick of my foodie vanilla scents like Pink Sugar, CSP's Coco Vanille, Laura Mercier's Vanilla Gourmand, and JS's Fancy... so when I read the high reviews of Hypnotic Poison (sexy/musky non-gourmand grown-up vanilla) I thought "how come I never tried this before?!" Someone gave me the green Tendre Poison years ago and though I liked it and used it occasionally, it wasn't in my favorites...

So w/o even smelling Hypnotic Poison, I ordered online (fragrancenet.com is -surprisingly!- more expensive, so I got the 1.7 oz 69 usd from sephora)... I tried it & was kinda alarmingly surprised.. it was pretty strong for an EDT, but like what the other reviewers said after 15 minutes I was IN LOVE! It smells so different from my other EDTs... I kept sniffing my wrists throughout the day and at night I could still smell it. Its like a seductive licorice for me.. Can't wait to try this out! I think I found my WINTER signature scent. Will buy again!

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Tooth-achingly sweet almond milk with a heavy dollop of vanilla extract. While almond and vanilla are two of my favorite notes, they're a bit too strong here, though I appreciate the fact that despite their strength the notes don't go into a fake plastic stage. If it was a little less sweet and the spices amped a little bit more, Hypnotic Poison could've been a decent dupe for the much-beloved but overpriced Tobacco Vanille. As it stands HP is a bit too gourmand for my taste, and I'll stick with Coromandel for my vanilla comfort scent. Sillage packs a punch, and for an EDT the longevity was quite strong. Wouldn't buy as there are much better options for sweet and spicy out there.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is very powerful stuff for an EDT. I have a decanted rollerball of this so that I can apply very carefully. It is a yummy almond and vanilla tinged gourmand that isn't too foody because of it's complexity. It was the almond note that really intrigued me. This would have received a 5 if not for it fading into "generic perfume" stage on my skin, though it's not as bad as some that actually give me a headache. It's just a slight annoyance.

Edit: I gave this another try; I don't know if the newer tester bottles smell different than my decant, but I wore it quite heavily after spritzing at Nordstroms, and did not have the same problematic "generic perfume" notes. Maybe my skin chemistry has changed a bit? Whatever the reason, this is now a highly coveted scent that I may end up spending full price on a large bottle.

This is my favourite perfume and nothing can replace it !!! Smells sooooo good, yes it is hyponotising :-P ... I love it, others love it when they smell it and worth its price i'd never stop buying it

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

It's a super strong, heavy and dark scent, very dark, not sweet at all, it even has something kinda "minty" to it kinda like Root Beer does, I think it's its spiciness and I think that may be the reason why some people say they think it smells like Root Beer, but I really don't think it does!!! I can definitely smell the vanilla in it but it's not your typical sweet, yummy vanilla at all... it's a very spicy, smoky, dark vanilla, not gourmand or foody at all. Its lasting power is absolutely amazing of course, like with all Dior perfumes, lasts for days and very little goes a very long way. Not for the faint of heart... I quite love it, especially when I'm in the mood for it;)

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I really like this perfume. It's mouthwatering, in a non-food way, if that makes sense. It's definitely not a work scent, and not for a wallflower. It's so alluring, and has such depth when you catch just a hint of it. When I smell it, I think of a winter night at the opera. All the furs and velvet, the warmth and closeness, and the old, classic elegance.
I really have no idea what notes and drydowns and such are. But it must work well with my body chemistry. Every time I wear it I get compliments.
Be careful when you're applying it though. A little goes a long way, and if you're heavy handed with the spritzes, everyone will be gagging. Plus it just seems like one of those intimate scents where not everyone's meant to smell it.

Popular Fragrances