Dior Hypnotic Poison

Filtered by eye Color : Brown

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I remember when I first smell the EDT version in a store and the first thing I thought was that it was horrible, too sweet and strong. But then, 10 minutes later a sweet vanilla with a little bit of mint somewhere, a very "milky" scent, started exhaling from the piece of paper. All I can say is that I fell in love with it right away. I kept that paper with me for a WHOLE WEEK and I could still smell that delicious scent by the 7th day, less stronger of course, but still the same sweet, vanilla menthol. I decided that I wanted it as my signature smell and I needed to purchase it right away, so back to the store I went, but they didn't have it anymore. So, searching online to buy it, I discovered that it had another version, the EDP. I wanted to buy it- but I couldn't remember which one I smelled before, since the bottles are more or less a like, and I didn't want to take the risk.
Then I desesperately searched for another store, and there I saw them, the two red bottles. I tried the darker one first, the EDP. The moment you spray it, it doesn't smell as sugary sweet as the EDT, but in the dry down the vanilla appears a lot more, but in my opinion, this version is way less sweeter than the EDT. But don't go thinking this isn't sweet, THEY BOTH ARE, but the EDT is much, much more. What I love about it, it's the simplity of it- it's smell is basically almond and vanilla, and in my opinion, a bit of mint, even though I couldn't find it in the notes. While the EDP has the same familiar smell, I would say it isn't as basic as his brother. It has more notes, a LITTLE citric in the beginning, and a bit less sweeter- so I wasn't as amused by this one as I was with the EDT. It's good, but the original one it's just breathtaking. It's unique. And funny thing is, I always hated sweet scents. But I can't get enough of this one, even when it's summer and I go without using it for weeks cause I can't stand it (Warning, it is very, very strong in hot weather. It will suffocate you.) But when it's cold or a fresh weather, it smells completely different, it's crazy. It's like it was made for these days, it's just a fresh vanilla with almonds. It is a sexy scent.
People know it's me when I arrived somewhere because of the smell, the projection of this is MAD! I was asked a billion times what I was using saying it was delicious. Some people thought it was chocolate. Don't think you'll go unnoticed, cause you won't- but if you overdose it in how weathers, you may piss people off. 😆
The fixation lasts in me, like 6~7 hours of projection, from then on it's rent to the skin. I'd say it stays 14 hours. I THINK the EDP lasts longer though, but that's what I can say from the one time I tested it.
I've own it for more than 8 months now, and I don't think I'll change it so soon. I keep trying floral, fruity, musky and even sweet perfums but I always get sick of them and nothing, none of it compares to this piece of sweet heaven in a frask. ;)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

The first time you smell this fragrance your mind wanders and Your heart races - a very feminine and highly sexual fragrance/tool.
Ceeya

When I first tried this perfume it gave me a massive headache, not gonna lie. It was really too much! My best friend swore by it and told me that whenever she used it people asked her what she was wearing. I received this perfume as a gift and completely changed my mind.. As I got used to the scent it started not to bother me anymore and after months I can definitely say that it's a very sexy and intriguing scent, I could recognize it anywhere! Love the packaging to death, very elegant and feminine and it gives me the idea of something mysterious and beautiful! I feel that this is the type of scent that you either love or hate though, there's no in between

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really think ppl want stuff because of the name or because others have it and I believe this is the case with this perfume because it is too expensive to smell like play do and I don't see the big wow with it. Now if it were dior addict then I could understand because that is the bomb.com. But hypnotic poison is a big no and I do like pure poison though that one is really good out of the poisons.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The perfect vanilla for people with a chemistry that turns other vanillas/sweet notes into a cloying mess. Hypnotic poison melts perfectly on my naturally warm temperature skin, to produce an AMAZING vanilla, almond, coconut, wood musk, slightly salty smell (PHEW that was long!). And probably I should mention that the outcome is not a foody one! It's a strangely human scent, it almost feels as if it has a pulse. I cant get over how alive and natural it smells to my nose. And at the same time its so calming and cuddly. I also love how it doesn't project too far but has a great lasting power. As an introvert I don't like to be noticed by everybody but only by a select few people. But I do want my perfume to stay on. So this is perfect. To sum up, Hypnotic poison certainly deserves its' reputation!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

My boyfriend thinks this is the sexiest scent ever (so I got it as a present) but I don't like it at all! I still gave it 3 stars because of how much he loves it..

Vanilla scent. I would be complimented once or twice a week regarding this scent. Made me feel sexy. 4/5 because a bit strong.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I just completed the sign up process on here just so I could leave a review on this. Reviews guided and (some) helped me on my search for a new scent so I felt it right to return the favor. The past 2-3 months, I had been on a search for a new fragrance. When it comes to scents/perfumes, I am far from knowledgeable about what's out there and my tastes drastically drift towards sweet; gourmand is a word I recently learned also stands as its own category for scents.

My favorite scent of all is vanilla. I cannot get enough vanilla. So I researched fragrances that had a good kick of vanilla in them. When I would be near a store that sold fragrances, I would go in and try to remember the names of various ones that I had read about. I remembered reading about Hypnotic Poison when I came across it at Sephora. I sprayed myself and was very displeased. Did not like it. However, during the car ride home, I started smelling something that I kinda liked. It was definitely different compared to what I was used to but I was not as offended as I had been when I did that first spray.

Few weeks later I am at Ulta. I seek out this scent again and spray myself. Only this time, I was more favorable to it. Once again, about 30 minutes later, I pick up on a scent that i fall in love with. The dry down, which takes about 30 minutes on me, is wonderful. I fell in love with it after that second time. Thought about it for a couple more weeks and then went today a bought it.

Because I am very inexperienced with all the various smells out there, I cannot tell you, in specifics, what it is exactly that I smell in this other than it has a "reserved" sweet smell to it. Meaning that it's not an overly strong sweet smell. I do smell vanilla in it and for that I am pleased. I had been wearing Britney's Fantasy and JS Fancy. This is not as sweet as those, and I do love those. Thinking of those two reminds me that I have read many reviews where people are absolutely trashing them because either they feel they aren't "sophisticated" enough or that those scents should be worn only by teenagers. People putting age limits on fragrances is beyond me and if you like something, one shouldn't care what it is or what other people will think. It's one thing if you don't like it and describe why and give your opinion, which we all should be able to do, but it's another thing when the person insults the fragrance and all who wear it in a most disrespectful manner. The second I see the tone of the review is disrespectful or full of explanation points being used like they're oxygen, I move on to the next. But I digress.......

This is a wonderful fragrance, however, it took me two full times of its spraying and drying process to fall in love with it. My husband actually likes this on me so that's a plus. He usually doesn't care for anything stronger than a body splash so this was surprising. I do wish this was not as expensive as it is but to me, it's worth it. The bottle is cute. The lid seems like it is going to stay on snugly and that's all I care about as far as the bottle. The bottle could look like a booger but as long as the lid stays on and this wonderful scent comes out of it, I do not care.

It also lasts quite awhile on me. Hours. Much longer than any other fragrance I have used. It lasts even longer on my jackets and clothes. One jacket in particular still held its scent 5 days after the fact.

If you like fragrances with a reserved sweet tone to them but I would give this a shot. For me it took a couple times trying but was well worth it. I wish I could have been more specific in terms of describing different notes I picked up on in the scent, but again I am new to this.

Obsessed! I was on the hunt for a new perfume that would attract 'males'.. for me, if im going to smell good I want to appeal to everyone and particularly, men. I am the kind of girl who does her research before buying anything.. so, I googled scents that men like, and after heaps of research there were about 15 perfumes or so that stood out to me and were frequently repeated in questionaires that males/guys had answered. I then researched all these perfumes on fragrantica.com and even made an excel document of all the results so that I could compare them. (yes I am THAT cray) long story short, I shortened the list down to 3 pefumes which I then went and bought and I found that when I wore this scent (Dior- Hypnotic poison) not only did i LOVE the scent but I also recieved ridiculous amounts of compliments from males and females. Research paid off and I can happily say this is my signature and all time favourite scent! Do yourself a favour and ATLEAST go to the shops and spritz some on yourself :) you won't be dissapointed! X

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this fragrance! I have been using it for years! It smells absolutely amazing - and smells completely different on everyone. I smell vanilla, spice and black liquorish. The staying power is very good. No need to reapply. I ran out a few months before Christmas this year but was instructed not to buy it for myself.. So I had to wait. It was a loooong few months. I missed my 'signature scent' so much I didn't feel like myself. I wear this everyday and get a lot of complements! People always comment that I smell amazing but not overwhelming. Just right. Love love love.

Popular Fragrances