Dior Hypnotic Poison

Filtered by skin tone : Medium

4.2

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really think ppl want stuff because of the name or because others have it and I believe this is the case with this perfume because it is too expensive to smell like play do and I don't see the big wow with it. Now if it were dior addict then I could understand because that is the bomb.com. But hypnotic poison is a big no and I do like pure poison though that one is really good out of the poisons.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love, love, love. I have adored many fragrances in my life, but this may be my favorite of them all. It is a yummy vanilla scent.... but in a totally sexy, deep, spicy, and intoxicating kind of way... not at all juvenile or cheap smelling (like so many vanilla scents out there). I don't think I could ever grow tired of this masterpiece.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

This is my go-to fall/winter perfume. I got a sample of it years ago and have been wearing it ever since. It is a very sexy, warm scent which I typically prefer and it has a definite note of vanilla. It has great lasting power and layered with the body lotion it smells great all day. Definitely one of my favorites!

Also Cashmere Glow from Bath and Body Works smells VERY similar to this!

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

OMG... Divine!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

A close friend started wearing this and one day I gave her a hug and smelt the most cozy, yummy and warm scent I had ever smelt. I crossed that " not wearing your friends fragrance line" and went out and got myself a bottle ( I asked her first haha)

I have worn many fragrances over the years but never have I felt so comfortable and snugly as I do in this one. I feel like it invites people to lean in closer to you and have found that men love it ( its foody/ gourmand for sure)

It has far more class than Angel, it's mature but not " old" it's day and night in the right weather and I use only 2 sprays one on the back of my neck and one on one forearm. It's a true skin scent after a couple of hours it just radiates off you gently and warmly.

When people say they get a Barbie doll plastic hint I know what they mean but I find that scent nice.

Please try it for yourself. Words can't really do this scent justice although I have tried.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

At first spray I strongly disliked this scent, but given time with my body chemistry (truly, it seemed it took an hour), it morphed into something I absolutely had to own.

The first time I tried this, I tested in store along with Burberry Brit (one on each wrist). During the 30 or so minutes, Brit quickly settled into the warm vanilla it turns on me, while HP kept a strong tone that I just didn't like, reminiscent of playdoh. Disliking HP, I purchased Brit and left the store to go about the rest of my errands.

Fast forward around 30 mins-1 hr after I left the store. By now Brit had more or less faded and was becoming unnoticeable, but the scent of HP was still wafting into my nose and forcing me to take notice, and not in an unpleasant way. In fact, quite the contrary. Somehow the scent was still dramatically changing- improving. The playdoh-esque note that had originally offended me subsided completely. What was left was an utterly intoxicating scent of warm vanilla and almonds, plus something deep and mysterious (sorry, perfume novice with no talent for identifying ingredients). HP haunted me, and budget be damned, I returned to purchase shortly after the original Brit purchase. I simply had to have it. This scent is unique to any other I own and has become my fast favorite by far. When I'm wearing it I cannot get enough of my own scent and sniff myself like crazy, repeatedly. Highly recommending giving this one time to settle before judging, it may surprise you like it did me.

Not thrilled about the price, but will still gladly pay it again and again to keep this perfume on hand, should I ever run out.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Iv been in love with this for years. It kinda smells between chocolate and play dough. Its delicious. The down side is that I cant find a copy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I didn't buy this, but I tested it out in the store, and it smells exactly like Play Doh. Not a very sexy, sweet, or mysterious scent. If you want this smell, just rub Playdoh on your wrists, you will smell the same lol.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm a huge fan of gourmand sweet scents, but not this one. I was recommended this at Dillards since I said I was looking for a vanilla scent. But this just pulled off as a straight up licorice. No vanilla. I'll pass.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

One word to describe it: cheap- it has the word written all over it. It's packaging-extremely tacky(what is it supposed to look like? The apple given to snow white?).It smells like vanilla, almonds, and rootbeer. It is alleged to smell 'sexy', which is why so many women flock to buy this fragrance, knowing all too well that they don't associate vanilla with sex. Why some people seem to associate gourmand fragrances with sex is beyond me in the first place. Consequently, the crowd it attracts is a cheap one-women who wear this fragrance just because it is 'supposed' to 'attract' others. The only thing I see it attracting is nausea.

Popular Fragrances