Dior Hypnotic Poison

Filtered by hair type : Kinky

4.6

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

Dior Hypnotic Poison has been my signature fragrance now for 4 years, I adore it! I have quite a collection of fragrances but this is in no danger of leaving my number one spot any time soon.

Here is the kicker-I detest cloying, sugary, sweet fragrances. Ghosts Sweetheart and Fantasy by Britney Spears (bluergh!) to name a couple. What I love in a big way however is the smell of almond, I wear nut based body butters from The Body Shop to go with the majority of my perfumes (brazil nut body butter being my current favourit) this seems to eccentuate what i deem to be the better notes in perfume.

Hypnotic Poison is like nothing I have ever had the pleasure of smelling before (gladly welcomes any suggestions btw!) it is so distinct, so deep, sexy and sultry yet sophisticated and irresistable! The vanilla is controlled enough to not be sickly so that the whole concoction stays at that perfect level of sex appeal and sophistication. I also have the shower gel and body lotion but personally I think that all 3 together can be a bit much.

If ever I wear another perfume to go out and someone is wearing Hypnotic, it induces a completely irrational rush of envy in me! Of course I cannot express disdain at another ladies impecible taste now can I?

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I was never interested in perfume of any kind until early this year when a friend of mine whipped out a fancy looking bottle which happened to be a DKNY Be Delicious. I sprayed abit of it and didn't like it but she was about to venture out of the country and if I had sum cash prepared she would buy me a bottle or 2. As for the choice of perfume she told me 2 explore on the internet and lo and behold! I discovered a whole new world of fragrances. To cut a long story short my current signature scent is Vera Wang Princess and I never imagined I'd love another fragrance until I sniffed Hypnotic Poison at a newly opened department store and I thought OMG! I had never smelled anything so warm and delicious and addictive! Yeh, I don't know anything about notes but I know a magnificent perfume when I smell one; I was instantly hooked and though it was very expensive i.e $130 for a 3.4oz at Foschini's I knew I'd never have peace if I didn't buy it so I went ahead and did. And I don't regret it coz IMO its the perfect fragrance for all seasons. On my skin it lasted for hours and only disapeared after I showered. If it wasn't for the price I'd give it a 5 but eish, the staff is costly. Still I see myself wearing this fragrance for the rest of my life or until Dior makes the terrible decision 2 discontinue

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I smelled this on someone at a concert and when I asked her what it was, bless her heart (unlike me, who wants to keep all of her fragrances a secret), she was honest in telling me what it was! It smelled wonderfully comforting and absolutely devine. I happily inhaled that fragrance deeply throughout the entire concert. After having promised myself that I had way too many fragrances and was not going to buy anymore, I just had to break down and get a bottle of this. I have over 150+ fragrances (none of them cheap), and this is the only one that my husband actually commented on in a positive way. I smell the vanilla, sandalwood and the musk in this. At first spray, it reminds me of Play Dough, but the drydown is OMG, so sexy. I feel like a vixen when I wear it. Long lasting for an edt. Spray in the morning and it is still going strong in the evening. Never thought I would like any Dior fragrance as much as vintage Miss Dior, but WOW...this is the bomb!! Love the "rotten apple" bottle too.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I love the way this smells! Sweeter than all the other poisons, with an after smell that reminds me of baby powder, I love it!

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I actually feel that the brief that the creators of this perfume were given was make something that just smells "obviously" sexy. The notes I get are vanilla, almond and like some kind of darker, alcohol-like note. To me, it's not the kind of scent you'd expect to be described as girly, innocent or flirty, it's more a 'knowing', possible darker type of sexy. The one thing that bothers me is that it can smell a bit like alcohol at times but I am just in love with the vanilla and almond and the dry down which in my opinion is beyond gorgeous. But yes, you have feel a little nauseous if you spray it on first thing in the morning - it's not exactly a fresh Jo Malone type of scent! Although come evening time (when I think this is best enjoyed) it is a strong scent but a 'quiet' scent - not loud in the way that those bright and juicy scents seem to compete for your attention but in the way that the sensual aroma pervades your senses. The words dark, warm, inviting, arousing, sweet, sexy and sultry will all come to mind. And yes, unfortunately I have encountered girls who try to use it as its title suggests and literally pour it over themselves in a "come-hither" fashion but I have insisted on not letting that put me off. It is a scent that has achieved exactly what it wanted to. Managing to be conjure powder images like all the best scents manage to - I personally picture a still, dark, black lake under a heavy night sky.. Oh and the dark red bottle is gorgeous and definitely suits the scent, I also love the cute "hypnotic poison" labelled on the bottle - for once a fragrance completely corresponds with and lives up to the expectations of its name and image. It is the fabulous and extraordinary mysterious darker element it has which stops it from basically being Pink Sugar or some other vanilla concoction. It is the kind of scent one might wear to want to facilitate some sort of seduction as I believe it will give some wearers an extra feeling of confidence and sensuality (not for the faint hearted!). IMO, and as a fragrance collector/mild obsessive, one needs a "wardrobe" of scent for all the different occasions and moods one might face in their life. And I do personally find myself "needing" this on occasion. Sometimes I prefer lighter type fragrances (floral/Orange Blossom/fresh/soapy smelling) too.Bbut if you are looking for a definite obvious sexy fragrance almost like someone just took all the typically "sexy" notes in the world and put them into this red bottle, go for it.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I LOVE Hypnotic Poison! It is my absolute favorite fragrance of all time. Wearing it has brought me more compliments than any other fragrance. There is one problem: the spray and lotion make me break out. Has anyone else had this difficulty? I've tried to find another fragrance that has the same impact, with no success. I thought I'd found a replacement in Bath and Body Works Romance. It has a similar aroma, but it fades very quickly. I've even tried the Hypnotic Poison body lotion (tube), with the same results. If you know of another (very similar) fragrance, mention it and I'll give it a try. I would buy it again, but wear it very sparingly, just because I'm so desperate for the smell!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I went into Ulta to sample and at first squirt of this I get that artificial rootbeer smell as I'm sure many others do. Anyway as I'm in the car on the way home I kept thinking something smells really really good. I smell my arm again and the scent has morphed into this wonderfully delicious vanilla-almond gourmound smelling fragrance. I almost hated to have to take a shower to wash it off, all I kept doing was smelling my arm for the rest of the night. So I know that this scent is at the top of my list to buy next!

Popular Fragrances