Dior Hypnotic Poison

Filtered by hair type : Curly

3.7

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Hypnotic Poison EDT is easy to like. It’s a smooth vanilla. I do get the root beer scented Play-doh that so many experience, but that dissipates as time passes and the vanilla sticks around as the prominent note. Also, I think Hypnotic Poison is a toned down, not as heavy version of Dior Addict. If you tried Dior Addict but thought it was a bit too heavy, then you might want to try Hypnotic Poison. I find it much more wearable than Addict. To my nose, Addict has always seemed best suited for powersuits in boardrooms or for long black gowns at a gala. On the other hand, Hypnotic Poison could suit a college student or a businesswoman or a homemaker or really anyone as long as they love vanilla.

All vanilla lovers should try Hypnotic Poison. I’ve never had the chance to test the EDP, but the EDT is smooth, sexy, longlasting, and garners many compliments. Plus, who could resist that red bottle?

Can you imagine if Dior came out with a lotion or body cream or a body wash for Hypnotic Poison?? Heaven.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I can see why Hypnotic Poison is a signature scent for so many people out there; it's warm, fuzzy, sweet, comfortable and depending on the application could pass even as a skin scent.

I used to feel very indifferent about it as I was sick of smelling it everywhere - the craze lasted more than a decade until La vie est belle took over - and frankly couldn't detect any wow factor.

Still I find it fairly linear with no exciting twists and turns; almond and not too sweet vanilla blended with plum and velvety woods. The end. But it's awfully nice in its simplicity. Many mention rootbeer but I have no clue as to what it smells or tastes like. Also there are so many raves about HP being a femme fatale scent but the Dior that fits the bill is Addict EDP; the image I get is sleek hair, smokey eyes, total black outfit with metallic details, killer heels, matching underwear and a whip. From HP I get romantic date at the cinema wearing comfy sweaters and burgundy lipstick. Maybe knee-high boots as well but the overall image is cozy, not risque.

Also I find the performance not that great; I don't remember about the vintage HP but my bottle is from 2013 and despite the initial blast I consider the silage moderate. Lasts a few good hours but I have to reapply to get the impact.

Still it's a beautiful scent and compliment getter that got me under its hypnotic spell - couldn't resist the lame pun :P

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I discovered this scent when I was 18, and it's definitely been my signature for 12 years now. Deep, dark n sexy, I never thought I'd think a perfume could be!! Always gets compliments!!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The perfect vanilla for people with a chemistry that turns other vanillas/sweet notes into a cloying mess. Hypnotic poison melts perfectly on my naturally warm temperature skin, to produce an AMAZING vanilla, almond, coconut, wood musk, slightly salty smell (PHEW that was long!). And probably I should mention that the outcome is not a foody one! It's a strangely human scent, it almost feels as if it has a pulse. I cant get over how alive and natural it smells to my nose. And at the same time its so calming and cuddly. I also love how it doesn't project too far but has a great lasting power. As an introvert I don't like to be noticed by everybody but only by a select few people. But I do want my perfume to stay on. So this is perfect. To sum up, Hypnotic poison certainly deserves its' reputation!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I though this perfume was "the one". How wrong I was...first and foremost the scent does not stick to me no matter where I spray it (hair, back of neck, behind ears, knees, elbows, clothes...I've sprayed it everywhere and it will not stick) To have an expensive EDT that does not last on me for more than 30 mins is worthless. Secondly, I think they vanilla can be cloying. It's not something I want to smell when I wake up in the mornings so I think it's best suited for night time (for me at least). At this point I can't return it and can't afford another HE perfume so I will just use this up and never buy it again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

if you left vanilla bean inside an empty wooden cabinet for a 2days, when you open the cabinet after those 2 days, what you will smell is hypnotic poison. HP is simply wood dipped in vanilla flavored water. . and for some reason HP makes my throat feel parched ..HP has a dryness to it that i dont like.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

One word to describe it: cheap- it has the word written all over it. It's packaging-extremely tacky(what is it supposed to look like? The apple given to snow white?).It smells like vanilla, almonds, and rootbeer. It is alleged to smell 'sexy', which is why so many women flock to buy this fragrance, knowing all too well that they don't associate vanilla with sex. Why some people seem to associate gourmand fragrances with sex is beyond me in the first place. Consequently, the crowd it attracts is a cheap one-women who wear this fragrance just because it is 'supposed' to 'attract' others. The only thing I see it attracting is nausea.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

One-shot review from an in-store tester:

Top note: very strong teaberry (traditional bubblegum smell, if you can imagine it without sugar).

Middle notes: teaberry, woods, vanilla, musk, and something that smells like...dirty laundry. But creamy, and strong.

Base notes: pleasant vanilla musk.

Overall: this fragrance really didn't work with my chemistry. The top and middle stages were both very strong, and a bit unpleasant. I felt a bit nauseous when I was driving around after spraying the tester. After about 45 minutes, it was OK, but I really feel I could get the effect of the base notes in a Body Fantasies spray for a lot less money and without the unfortunate drydown. If you have problems with "dirty laundry" notes in fragrances, avoid this, because the culprit is strong in this one. (No, I don't know what ingredient causes it).

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been wearing Hypnotic Poison on-and-off for about eight years. This is the one perfume that has stayed in my collection and rotation for one reason - it smells amazing.

To me, Hypnotic Poison smells like spicy vanilla. Even though it's very vanilla-y, it's not an immature or overpowering vanilla. It's very sophisticated and warm. Despite it being more on the warm side, it is definitely wearable in the spring and summer months. The scent also lasts and lasts. As much as I adore Hypnotic Poison, it's one of those perfumes that I only reach for once in a blue moon mainly because I have a collection of perfumes that I like to rotate so I don't get bored. Even though I only wear this occasionally, I still get compliments on it. Considering I'm on my second bottle, I would likely buy this again because, for me, this is just a classic scent.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is my holy grail of fragrances. I have weird body chemistry and this really is lovely on me. It starts out with a sharp note surrounded by a little vanilla, sugar and woods. The vanilla is unusual, creamy and dreamy. It almost is slightly root beer, slightly play dough for a short time. Then, it's more vanilla, sugars, waffle cones the bitter note.
This is pretty yet with a wicked side. It's very fairy tale and the bottle nicely suits the scent. It's red and kind of looks like a gothic apple.
This is not for a sweet innocent type of person. It's more for a bold woman or the edgy type.