Dior Hypnotic Poison

Filtered by hair type : Curly

3.6

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I discovered this scent when I was 18, and it's definitely been my signature for 12 years now. Deep, dark n sexy, I never thought I'd think a perfume could be!! Always gets compliments!!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The perfect vanilla for people with a chemistry that turns other vanillas/sweet notes into a cloying mess. Hypnotic poison melts perfectly on my naturally warm temperature skin, to produce an AMAZING vanilla, almond, coconut, wood musk, slightly salty smell (PHEW that was long!). And probably I should mention that the outcome is not a foody one! It's a strangely human scent, it almost feels as if it has a pulse. I cant get over how alive and natural it smells to my nose. And at the same time its so calming and cuddly. I also love how it doesn't project too far but has a great lasting power. As an introvert I don't like to be noticed by everybody but only by a select few people. But I do want my perfume to stay on. So this is perfect. To sum up, Hypnotic poison certainly deserves its' reputation!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I though this perfume was "the one". How wrong I was...first and foremost the scent does not stick to me no matter where I spray it (hair, back of neck, behind ears, knees, elbows, clothes...I've sprayed it everywhere and it will not stick) To have an expensive EDT that does not last on me for more than 30 mins is worthless. Secondly, I think they vanilla can be cloying. It's not something I want to smell when I wake up in the mornings so I think it's best suited for night time (for me at least). At this point I can't return it and can't afford another HE perfume so I will just use this up and never buy it again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

On my skin it's too linear. Only almonds and vanilla, doesn't change as time goes by. Dare I say... it grows even stronger..? Silage is almost scary. Lasting power? Couldn't be any better! Not a fave though.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

if you left vanilla bean inside an empty wooden cabinet for a 2days, when you open the cabinet after those 2 days, what you will smell is hypnotic poison. HP is simply wood dipped in vanilla flavored water. . and for some reason HP makes my throat feel parched ..HP has a dryness to it that i dont like.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

One word to describe it: cheap- it has the word written all over it. It's packaging-extremely tacky(what is it supposed to look like? The apple given to snow white?).It smells like vanilla, almonds, and rootbeer. It is alleged to smell 'sexy', which is why so many women flock to buy this fragrance, knowing all too well that they don't associate vanilla with sex. Why some people seem to associate gourmand fragrances with sex is beyond me in the first place. Consequently, the crowd it attracts is a cheap one-women who wear this fragrance just because it is 'supposed' to 'attract' others. The only thing I see it attracting is nausea.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

One-shot review from an in-store tester:

Top note: very strong teaberry (traditional bubblegum smell, if you can imagine it without sugar).

Middle notes: teaberry, woods, vanilla, musk, and something that smells like...dirty laundry. But creamy, and strong.

Base notes: pleasant vanilla musk.

Overall: this fragrance really didn't work with my chemistry. The top and middle stages were both very strong, and a bit unpleasant. I felt a bit nauseous when I was driving around after spraying the tester. After about 45 minutes, it was OK, but I really feel I could get the effect of the base notes in a Body Fantasies spray for a lot less money and without the unfortunate drydown. If you have problems with "dirty laundry" notes in fragrances, avoid this, because the culprit is strong in this one. (No, I don't know what ingredient causes it).

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been wearing Hypnotic Poison on-and-off for about eight years. This is the one perfume that has stayed in my collection and rotation for one reason - it smells amazing.

To me, Hypnotic Poison smells like spicy vanilla. Even though it's very vanilla-y, it's not an immature or overpowering vanilla. It's very sophisticated and warm. Despite it being more on the warm side, it is definitely wearable in the spring and summer months. The scent also lasts and lasts. As much as I adore Hypnotic Poison, it's one of those perfumes that I only reach for once in a blue moon mainly because I have a collection of perfumes that I like to rotate so I don't get bored. Even though I only wear this occasionally, I still get compliments on it. Considering I'm on my second bottle, I would likely buy this again because, for me, this is just a classic scent.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is my holy grail of fragrances. I have weird body chemistry and this really is lovely on me. It starts out with a sharp note surrounded by a little vanilla, sugar and woods. The vanilla is unusual, creamy and dreamy. It almost is slightly root beer, slightly play dough for a short time. Then, it's more vanilla, sugars, waffle cones the bitter note.
This is pretty yet with a wicked side. It's very fairy tale and the bottle nicely suits the scent. It's red and kind of looks like a gothic apple.
This is not for a sweet innocent type of person. It's more for a bold woman or the edgy type.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Oh. My. God. Where do I begin?! This perfume is so gorgeous. It's beautifully delicious with a wonderfully warm dry down. It reminds me of the cosy winter days I've spent curled up on the sofa in a thick jumper while it snows outside. Perfectly vanilla-y, snuggly and clean. It becomes more fantastic as the day goes on and lasts for hours.
Definitely buy a sample from eBay before you purchase, though, in case it doesn't agree with your body chemistry. I found that on my Boots sample strip it wasn't as warm smelling as it is on my wrist, so make sure you try it on before you buy as this stuff isn't cheap!

Popular Fragrances